Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Israel-Palestine solution poll
Create a Palestinian State with Jerusalem as part of it 18 15.79%
Create a Palestinian State minus Jerusalem 37 32.46%
Create a Palestinian State with some form of common jurisdiction over Jerusalem 36 31.58%
No Palestinian State, I support the status quo 23 20.18%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times

Advertisements

I don't know, and I don't really care all that much. With that said practically speaking I agree with Ehud Olmert that option four is the option most likely to destroy Israel.

Olmert to Haaretz: Two-state solution, or Israel is done for - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Until the jew-hating, mentally ill trash permeating this thread can address these four points, they will continue to have zero credibility:

1) arab muslims will not tolerate the rights or sovereignty of any other group in the middle east.

2) arab muslims believe that they alone have the right to use violence to resolve conflicts, but require everyone else - particularly if the other party is more powerful - must use diplomacy.

3) the arab muslims were terrorizing and murdering jews long before israel - or the settlements in the WB - even existed.

4) as long as the current regime of iran exists, peace is not possible in the middle east.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You didn't include my solution: kick Israel out of the UN and have UN forces occupy its territory, pending a return to its rightful inhabitants and the deportation of anyone who can't establish ancestry in the region before 1917.
Sounds like you're more about getting revenge against the Jews then actually helping the Palestinians.

Ethnic cleansing and cruelty, right on

I voted the third option btw, along with the OP

Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
It just baffles me that the Jews prefer to live on that god forsaken piece of land in the first place. I suppose I'm not religious enough to understand. I gather that some people might be extremely offended by the idea of the Israeli Jews moving back into Europe, but to me it actually sounds sensible.

I also don't demonize the Muslims like some people do. When both sides have committed so many atrocities, and have such obstinate views about what they're entitled to, there's no way for me to pretend that one side is the "bad guy."
I don't remember the jews strapping bombs to children or blowing up busses.
They were given Israel in 1948 & took the rest in the
66 war.. The Palestinians chose to leave, nobody made
them leave.
Heres an idea.. They want a Palestinean State. right?
Why not take it from Syria ? They could help each
other (Jews,Syrians and Palestinans)) To make this
Palestinean state that borders Isreal.
Fighting for a common goal might give them a little
tolarance for each other..

Old 09-01-2011, 05:07 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i don't think this is an issue of "hating" jews at all.

americans realize that the gravy train cannot continue and something has to give. i saw these numbers today on antiwar.com:

In the past 10 years alone, Americans have given Israel the equivalent of approximately $200,000 per Israeli family of five. In addition, there have been weapons subsidies, loan forgiveness programs, special trade preferences, and other generous gifts from American taxpayers to Israel. In fact, despite being one of the world’ smallest nations, Israel receives more U.S. tax money than any other country. (i don't know if that is per capita or total)

On top of this, a multitude of organizations contributing money and assistance to Israel have been given tax-deductible status in the U.S., removing still more money from the American economy. For example, donations to the “Birthright Israel” program that takes Jewish American students on fun-filled holidays to Israel, convincing many to then “ascend” to Israeli citizenship, are deducted from taxes owed to the U.S.

When Americans become Israeli citizens they retain their U.S. citizenship, allowing them to continue to vote in U.S. elections. Such dual citizenship used to be illegal in the U.S., where it was felt that a citizen could have only one primary national loyalty (for example, in a war or other situations where interests diverged between two nations, an individual would have to choose which to support). It was only after Israel became a nation and many Jewish Americans wished citizenship in both countries that a 200-year American tradition was changed.

i think americans are just tired of watching their money go overseas to benefit someone else. (and it's certainly not just israel)

i don't think that is hate at all-just self preservation. how do we continue to justify foreign aid when our own infrastructure is crumbling? aren't we slowly starting to lose our rights here?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't think this is an issue of "hating" jews at all.
Then you're clueless.

Quote:
americans realize that the gravy train cannot continue and something has to give.
The US gives far more to pakistan, egypt and others - yet gets back enormous hatred and violence in return. The US spends TRILLIONS each year on arab muslim oil - dwarfing the tiny amount given to israel which comes back in spades.

To anyone with brains, there is no comparison.

Quote:
i saw these numbers today on antiwar.com:
You're kidding, right?

Quote:
In the past 10 years alone, Americans have given Israel the equivalent of approximately $200,000 per Israeli family of five.
And how many TRILLIONS have been extorted by arab muslims for oil?

Quote:
i think americans are just tired of watching their money go overseas to benefit someone else.
Israel is a great place for american military R&D, anyone with a brain who has military experience over there knows that every dollar sent to israel comes back five-fold in terms. If I could I'd take money AWAY from the arab muslims, and send more to israel.

Interesting how none of the jew-hating trash here fail to mention the $1 billion or so going to the pals every year or how the pals INTENTIONALLY murdered US diplomats multiple times.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
Palestinians had their land stolen from them in the name of pity for the Jewish people.

It's only right they get it back.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:00 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Palestinians had their land stolen from them in the name of pity for the Jewish people.

It's only right they get it back.
The problem with running around righting all the great injustices in the world: Israel is one of the smallest of them.

Things I'd like to see more because they are MUCH BIGGER:
1.) Turkey to withdraw their military occupational forces from the north side of the nation of Cyprus. Then Turkey admitting that they intentionally massacred 1.5 million Armenian Christians and do something to make up for what they've done. And then for Turkey to drop their stupid insistence that the Kurds must never have a homeland/nation to call their own. (The Kurds have been massacred at degrees and levels that the Palestinians never dreamed of seeing.)
2.) China to withdraw from Tibet and acknowledge that it was a sovereign and independent nation. The death toll from the Chinese invation and occupation of Tibet is well over 1 million by the most conservative estimates.
3.) For Pakistan and India to BOTH withdraw from Kashmir -- a kingdom that just wanted to be their own independent nation, but got swallowed by two of the biggest bullies on the block. The death toll stemming from the India and Pakistan's childish fight over Kashmir has cost so many lives -- all because they couldn't just leave Kashmir alone.
4.) North Korea to finally be freed from the nation-that-is-a-prison. Such a sad life for them, being forced to worship their Communist leaders as though they were gods, and kept locked away from the rest of the world. The poor North Korean people have been brainwashed to the point that they no concept of reality other than what the Communist leaders spoon feed them.
5.) I'd like to see the entire Muslim world stop treating all persons of other faiths living among them like garbage. The Muslim world has treated Christians, Hindus, Ba'hai, Zoroastrians and many others FAR WORSE than Israel has ever treated Palestinians. It might even be nice to see Muslim women in Muslim nations no longer treated like subhuman trash too ... but that might be asking too much. How many places in this world of ours can you pay off a debt to your 60 year old friend by giving him your 8 year old daughter to be one of his four wives? Where is THAT in the Quran? And if it IS in the Quran ... then seriously WTF??

Why does the Muslim world focus so entirely on the sins of Israel and while completely ignoring the travesties created by their fellow Muslims? Where is the passionate zeal to cleanse the filth from Islam itself? When the rest of the world hears a story about a Saudi girl converting to Christianity -- and the girl's father then cuts her tongue out and burns her alive -- it really doesn't surprise anyone. Why? Because it's just those crazy Muslims acting like psychotic animals, what else is new?? Why focus on Israel so completely when Islam is so thoroughly disgraced from within??

Old 09-01-2011, 09:07 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
But for more recent examples:
1.) China is an outside invader, colonizer and occupier of Tibet.
2.) Turkey is an outside invader, colonizer and occupier of North Cyprus since 1974.
3.) Pakistan is an outside invader, colonizer and occupier of Kashmir.
4.) Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq are all occupiers and oppressors of Kurdistan.

So as long as we're completely equal in public outrage for these other acts of military oppression, then I can accept your statement as valid.
If we were equal in suborning and funding all those occupations and that of Palestine by Israel, I would express equal outrage. I have responsibilities for scrutinizing what my country does that I don't have in regard to any other country.

(The region of Kashmir is occupied by India and China as well as Pakistan. India occupies the largest share.)

Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Someone who cries for "unbiased and reliable sources," then uses Wikipedia to back their ignorant claims... I'm sorry, but as a reference librarian that made me LOL.
Are you saying Palestine was not not-Jewish for almost 2000 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies