Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
First off....SEATED lateral raises are MUCH different than standing lateral raises....

High Intensity Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise - YouTube

Now...there^^^^^ are some BEAST 'STANDING' lateral raises.

Second, you want to discuss the standing lateral raises rows Obama was doing? Instead of you beating one exercise over the head? Do you want to discuss how he went from seated raises to shoulder presses to lateral raises and there was, perceptibly, NO increase in weight.

DO you disagree that a standing lateral raise allows for much more load than a seated? Of course you do!!! Right?

Secondly, do you recognize that a SEATED pushing movement allows for MUCH more load than any lateral raise?

Next, do you want to talk about how how his lunge/curl exercise is painfully, obviously TOO little weight for him to gain any benefit?? He might as well be lunging with cell phones in his hands.

ALSO, do you want to discuss his AWFUL form?
From YOUR VIDEO ... "this isn't an ORDINARY dropset guys ... IT'S HEAVY!"

So your own video itself is stating that this is not the typical amount of weight for this exercise.

Next ... the guy doing the exercise is a champion natural bodybuilder. He won the title of Mr. Australia.

I seriously doubt President Obama will be lifting at that level of weightlifting any time soon!

As far as the Obama video ... you can see it was cut and edited, obviously to make Obama look bad!

So don't assume the order of the exercises was actually done in the way it was presented.

You can see Obama sitting on a bench at the very beginning with a pair of dumbbells. Then he is back on that bench again later in the video. This was an obvious edit.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:57 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Since you think you are such an EXPERT ... then perhaps you can find me videos of people doing HEAVYWEIGHT Bent Over Lateral Raises with dumbbells? :

Lateral Raise - Triple Drop Set - YouTube drop set starting with what looks like 40's

Shoulders & Arms With POG Member - YouTube @ around 3:30 Doing it with 50's

Is that enough for you??

I can find more.....definitely not a problem

I do heavy weight drops sets all the time...know tons of people who do.

This being satisfied...anything else?

Old 06-05-2014, 03:58 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
A good many late night people made a great living doing it......to many different POTUS.
It still doesn't solve any problems.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 PM

52 posts, read 91,454 times
Default Why is the FDNY 91% White in such diverse city like New York?

Where are the Hispanic, Asian, Black and women fire fighters. This city agency is not representative of the whole 5 borough population. Is this what structural,institutional, systematic racism looks like? Please discuss.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:06 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Yawn

Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 PM

5,123 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandel19 View Post
Where are the Hispanic, Asian, Black and women fire fighters. This city agency is not representative of the whole 5 borough population. Is this what structural,institutional, systematic racism looks like? Please discuss.
Fdny is traditionally controlled by irish american.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
yo fer reel dough, y dis be? bin wunderin fer a min now why dis post aint been dun yet lik fiddy times alredy

Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,469 times
I really enjoyed being on city data but what I'm about to say is probably going to get me thrown off.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRICKEN MIND?

It's always gotta be racism with you liberals, no wonder why New York is screwed up. Maybe after 9/11 people do not wish to pursue those careers. Maybe black and Hispanic persons have no interest in fire fighting. There are African American police officers. There are Spanish folks who are police officers, maybe they simply do not wish to be firefighters.

Racism in FDNY? The same people that died trying to save all races during the attacks and you think they're racist?

Please tell me you're at least a native New Yorker and not some dimwit from the Midwest liberal arts graduate with an opinion on a city you know nothing about.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
The only thing that I want in a Firefighter is to have the ability to pick my unconscious 215 lb azz up, wade through my smoke filled house and finally safely handing me over to EMS. That knocks out one of your candidates.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:26 PM

821 posts, read 1,100,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
yo fer reel dough, y dis be? bin wunderin fer a min now why dis post aint been dun yet lik fiddy times alredy
Test raycis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies