Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 05:17 AM

45,557 posts, read 27,160,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The OP is left and I agree. How desperate can they be...
Totally agree with your take.

Can the woman have her life back? I applaud what she is doing and why she says she is doing this.

The left doesn't give a crap. They are OK with rehashing her old reputation for their benefit when she is trying to get beyond the past. In other words, it is to the left's benefit that Lewinsky is described as a skanky ho so that it can be leveraged against stodgy Republicans.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:22 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
As a conservative, I've got to give Monica Lewinsky a break. She was crucified in the press and I think it's stupid of her to bring herself back into the fray but I can see her point too. Maybe it's because I hate when people just pile on. Maybe I have a thing for underdogs. Who knows. She was a stupid kid for doing what she did. Bill Clinton was a lecher for doing what he did. And Hillary was ridiculous for blaming Lewinsky instead of her husband. I tell you - from where I sit - it was the Democrats who treated her the worst. The conservatives blamed Bill Clinton. The Democrats blamed Monica Lewinsky.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
As a conservative, I've got to give Monica Lewinsky a break. She was crucified in the press and I think it's stupid of her to bring herself back into the fray but I can see her point too. Maybe it's because I hate when people just pile on. Maybe I have a thing for underdogs. Who knows. She was a stupid kid for doing what she did. Bill Clinton was a lecher for doing what he did. And Hillary was ridiculous for blaming Lewinsky instead of her husband. I tell you - from where I sit - it was the Democrats who treated her the worst. The conservatives blamed Bill Clinton. The Democrats blamed Monica Lewinsky.
I'm a liberal and I agree with every word of that.

The biggest loser here, besides the American public, was Monica Lewinsky.

She's paid an extremely heavy price for her involvement in this. She has basically been unemployable her entire adult life because of this. It's time for people to just leave her alone. I would be thoroughly disgusted by any presidential candidate, Clinton or not, who brings her into the fray in 2016. Anyone who does will automatically lose my vote.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:40 AM

43,641 posts, read 44,361,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's always about policy. What does Lewinsky have to do with it?
I agree with the above statement.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Totally agree with your take.

Can the woman have her life back? I applaud what she is doing and why she says she is doing this.

The left doesn't give a crap. They are OK with rehashing her old reputation for their benefit when she is trying to get beyond the past. In other words, it is to the left's benefit that Lewinsky is described as a skanky ho so that it can be leveraged against stodgy Republicans.
As a card carrying member of the liberal left, I can say you are totally wrong in your characterization of how the left feels about Monica. After 18 years I think MOST people---right or left---are able to have sympathy (and forgiveness) for all she's gone through for her part in the scandal.

Quote:
I agree with everything I've set to bold. As for your Hillary blaming Lewinsky instead of her husband, what wronged woman doesn't blame the other woman in the beginning? I doubt she'd still say that today. I also don't agree that the Democrats treated Monica the worst from day one. She was a starry-eyed kid back then and many people on the left (and probably the right) felt she was being used and abused by the power-players on BOTH sides.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Could be Bill put a smile on Monica's face, or that Bill is smiling

Old 05-07-2014, 06:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hillary blamed the women involved, herself and Lewinsky.

What's with her "war on women"?
Hillary blamed herself?

When?

Where?

Show me!

I would respect that old hag had she thrown Bubba's clothes onto the white house lawn and divorced his ragged ass. But she stayed home and baked cookies instead.

NO RESPECT!

Quote:
Nothing. The OP is obsessed with the Tea Party and will shoehorn anything at all into his/her view that the Tea Party is the equivalent of a political boogeyman.
Indeed. Thank God for forum settings which make selected people invisible.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:44 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What was she wearing? That might have something to do with it.
Quote:
Judges will give lighter sentences if they believe a woman was asking for it.
Quote:
Well that is what the judge felt and she heard the case.
Quote:
Blaming the victim is a long standing tradition in Republican circles. But I don't think it will be very effective with Clinton.
You were saying?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
The Clintons used Monica Lewinsky in every way you can think of and then tossed her on the ground like a used condom.

And you have the chutzpah to suggest that the TEA Party is going to use her?

Nothing like blind loyalty.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:46 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Quote:
Blaming the victim is a long standing tradition in Republican circles. But I don't think it will be very effective with Clinton.
What was Hillary a victim of? Her husband's infidelity? That is between Hillary and Bill. She certainly had no problem riding her husband's popularity into the senate. If Hillary is a victim of anything, it is her own personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies