Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 05:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's being proposed that tax payers pay for abortions. I can see how people do not want to have their taxes increased for that but also for a lot of people it goes against their conscience, never mind the money involved.
Ya, I feel people who aren't parents shouldn't have to pay for other people's kid's education...it isn't fair but we do. We also realize that it benefits everyone, all Americans....we are all in this together....I pay for wars which I disagree with, not fair but that's life....

I pay for roads I never use.... I pay for libraries other people use...

..wars kill and mutilate people but SOME people don't seem to mind that their taxes go to Blackwater and Halliburton to profit on the deaths in war......

I get sick of people who think they get to decide where every % of a penny of their taxes go.....that's why we elect legislators.....don't like it....change it.

Historically we NOW have the lowest taxes and people who whine that they have to pay taxes should be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 05:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
wrong. there is no such legislation in the works. read the facts

National Abortion Federation: Economics of Abortion
Not yet. There is talk about it though so be ready when it happens. No one was ready for Roe V Wade and look what happened.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, I feel people who aren't parents shouldn't have to pay for other people's kid's education...it isn't fair but we do. We also realize that it benefits everyone, all Americans....we are all in this together....I pay for wars which I disagree with, not fair but that's life....

I pay for roads I never use.... I pay for libraries other people use...

..wars kill and mutilate people but SOME people don't seem to mind that their taxes go to Blackwater and Halliburton to profit on the deaths in war......

I get sick of people who think they get to decide where every % of a penny of their taxes go.....that's why we elect legislators.....don't like it....change it.

Historically we NOW have the lowest taxes and people who whine that they have to pay taxes should be deported.
I don't hear anyone whining about those taxes, they do not want anything to do with abortion though. It goes against their conscience.

Wars are something else. Is it for self defense? If it is than more children will die if we don't protect our country.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:38 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You know who should be emarrassed.....the pro-lifers that think we should preach abstinence only.....THAT sure isn't going to reduce abortions.

Pro-choicers, without fail, also advocate for mandatory sex education in the schools and free/ easy to obtain birth control for the poor and teenagers.....things that will ACTUALLY reduce the amount of abortions done......that is nothing to be embarrassed about. And I don't consider these "draconian" measures.

BTW....nothing wrong with encouraging abstinence, right along with teaching sex ed.
the anti choicers should be embarrassed wanting to control other people's personal lives. they seek to limit a women's choice. many conservatives want small government but are ok with government in our bedrooms. wanting women to give birth when they have no desire to do so, making them nothing more then breeding stock.

I am not embarrassed that women want control over their reproductive organs. not embarrassed women can have a full and happy sex life without obligations just as a man does. nor am I embarrassed or will we allow others control us with their values.

there is a line in the sand. it is in the end about the right for woman to have privacy in her life. in america women have civil rights no matter if you approve of her lifestyle or not. a woman's womb is her own.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Fixed errors with quoting

Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Not yet. There is talk about it though so be ready when it happens. No one was ready for Roe V Wade and look what happened.
How about this janelle.....we let the tax payer choose when it comes to the issue of women and children.

Pro-lifers can choose to pay for welfare mommas and their children.

Pro-choicers can choose to pay for sex ed, BC for the poor, and abortions.

We will tax each group accordingly based on the costs of the services you choose to support.

Sounds fair to me.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:46 PM

If women what to have control over their reproductive organs they need to start at the beginning.

You don't want to get pregnant than don't have sex. Get your head out of the sand and know birth control is never 100%.

Real control is self control and knowledge. Most do not have it now a days.

You can't be breeding stock if you don't breed all over the place. I also don't hear pro-lifers saying those kind of things though about women, only pro-choice people use those terms.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How about this janelle.....we let the tax payer choose when it comes to the issue of women and children.

Pro-lifers can choose to pay for welfare mommas and their children.

Pro-choicers can choose to pay for sex ed, BC for the poor, and abortions.

We will tax each group accordingly based on the costs of the services you choose to support.

Sounds fair to me.
How can we make that work? Just more government employees to hire. Another government program to pay for.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:58 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
... Historically we NOW have the lowest taxes and people who whine that they have to pay taxes should be deported.
That only works if you ignore income tax and property tax.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
If women what to have control over their reproductive organs they need to start at the beginning.

You don't want to get pregnant than don't have sex. Get your head out of the sand and know birth control is never 100%.

Real control is self control and knowledge. Most do not have it now a days.

You can't be breeding stock if you don't breed all over the place. I also don't hear pro-lifers saying those kind of things though about women, only pro-choice people use those terms.
you will never stop people from having sex because they could get pregnant. you seem to want to just ignore that fact only to say "people shouldn't" but they do the question is now what?

as to why anti choicers don't talk about breeding farms, they don't want to acknowledge what would happen to women if abortion became illegal. just how do you make women bear children when they don't want one? is this america or nazi germany?

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
How can we make that work? Just more government employees to hire. Another government program to pay for.
It could be done very simply, no new government employees needed.....just check the box.....just like you do when you choose how many dependents you want to declare on your paycheck. Single/no dependents.....married/one dependent, etc.

Just check the box and they will take the appropriate amount of tax out of your paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies