Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,799,790 times

Advertisements

Well, gosh.

I guess when you have one of the most pro-democrat, biased, liberal mouthpieces saying this - you'd have to agree.

PMSNBC's prime time line up is filled with the same leftist propagandist hacks and their flying spittle.

Is anyone surprised they suck hind mammary glands?

Quote:
And that may be the problem with Mr. Sharpton’s cable news pulpit: What he means to say is in lockstep with every other MSNBC evening program, making the stretch between 6 and 11 p.m. a nonstop lecture on liberal values and what is wrong with the Republican Party.
Sharpton is the token black on MSNBC - just look at their lineup throughout the day.

He's pretty bad as a commentator but he will likely provide great entertainment value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM

29,946 posts, read 18,502,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Next shocker- when the New York Times admits they are also nothing but a carousel of liberal opinion.

Preaching the Gospel, Not Singing It
"More important, in a cable universe in which former Gov. Eliot Spitzer of New York can get his own cable show on CNN (however briefly) some two years after having to leave office because he hired prostitutes, it's hard to quibble over Mr. Sharpton's reputation 20 years ago. And in the evening at least, MSNBC is less a news provider than a carousel of liberal opinion; potential conflicts of interest are swept aside in the swirl of excitable guests."
Do you think the NYT is losing ground with their core liberal audience to MSNBC, hence the public rebuke?

Since the NYT is of historical record then it has been publicly acknowledged that MSNBC=Faux News for moonbats.
Interesting.

No, I think the NYT is still very liberal. However, MSNBC is so outrageous that it is shocking. Has anyone here actually watched MSNBC? For those "Fox news haters", MSNBC is ten times more biased and is simply a joke. Anyone with any degree of common sense can see this.

I would say that Fox news and CNN are fairly comparable examples of right and left news sources. Both have thier biases, but they are to a comparable degree. MSNBC is two standard deviations outside of the mean.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,016,095 times
If I watch news on cable, I will watch HNN, sometimes CNN, and occasionally Fox. I am conservative, but when I want news that is what I want, not a talk show. A while back I wanted to see what the fuss was about concerning Keith Olberman. I first watched him during election night coverage in 2010. I was shocked at his blatant bias, even when reporting election returns. Other attempts to watch him, and his protege Rachel Maddow were startling. They are fully the equal of Rush Limbaugh, just on the other side. But they are (were) on prime time cable.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:35 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,811,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Interesting.

No, I think the NYT is still very liberal. However, MSNBC is so outrageous that it is shocking. Has anyone here actually watched MSNBC? For those "Fox news haters", MSNBC is ten times more biased and is simply a joke. Anyone with any degree of common sense can see this.

I would say that Fox news and CNN are fairly comparable examples of right and left news sources. Both have thier biases, but they are to a comparable degree. MSNBC is two standard deviations outside of the mean.
I have. I would say Spitball Matthews is the most annoying one of them all. O'Donnell comes across as a bitter ******* (though he let the truth slip out on a few occasions), Maddow seems like one of those feminazi types that thinks all vaginal penetration is rape, and that one dude. Ed whatever. He seems like the little engine that could, trying hard to be relevant. Sharpton? Is he the one who replaced Doberman?

Ad for Fox News, I don't watch them. I prefer Fox Business. Fox and Friends is Fox's news show though. The commentary starts when America Live begins

Old 08-31-2011, 05:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Next shocker- when the New York Times admits they are also nothing but a carousel of liberal opinion.

Preaching the Gospel, Not Singing It
"More important, in a cable universe in which former Gov. Eliot Spitzer of New York can get his own cable show on CNN (however briefly) some two years after having to leave office because he hired prostitutes, it's hard to quibble over Mr. Sharpton's reputation 20 years ago. And in the evening at least, MSNBC is less a news provider than a carousel of liberal opinion; potential conflicts of interest are swept aside in the swirl of excitable guests."

Do you think the NYT is losing ground with their core liberal audience to MSNBC, hence the public rebuke?

Since the NYT is of historical record then it has been publicly acknowledged that MSNBC=Faux News for moonbats.
Such typical paranoid, right-wing tripe. I really feel a little sorry for people who are so bitter. In their world, everything can be blamed on one side or the other. They're unable to see anything outside of their own prism/prison.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM

33 posts, read 19,271 times
We in New York know Sharpton well. He has a long and disgraceful rap sheet.
He has been CONVICTED of fraud, character defamation, and tax evasion.
He also instigated racial violence which led to murders. First in 1991 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, and again a few years later in Harlem.

He can't be whitewashed (excuse the pun) just because Obama has been cozy with him. MSNBC should be ashamed of itself!!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,095,861 times
Default Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Interesting.

You are trying to compare Fox news with CNN???? MSNBC is obviously the leftist station and Fox is a complete brew of tea and to think it has anything even slightly resembling fair and balanced is ridiculous. Both of those stations are pure entertainment. CNN is really the only journalist station out there at the moment other than what you see on regular channel TV

Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,954,546 times
I always find it humorous when people bring stuff up like this. I thought everyone already knew that MSNBC was liberal-leaning, just as Fox is conservative-leaning. Both seem more concerned with putting forth an agenda than in simply reporting the news. That said, the funniest thing here is that no one watches liberal-leaning media. MSNBC has the lowest ratings of all the major networks. The Left has no one as influential as say, Limbaugh or Hannity. Why this is, I'm not sure. Perhaps liberals get their information from other sources, but the bottom line is that a liberal-leaning new station like MSNBC is going to have significantly less influence on the population than a conservative-leaning Fox news. Why we can't just get the f8cking news without an agenda is beyond me. People seem to like to be spoonfed talking points.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:50 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,453,760 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I always find it humorous when people bring stuff up like this. I thought everyone already knew that MSNBC was liberal-leaning, just as Fox is conservative-leaning. Both seem more concerned with putting forth an agenda than in simply reporting the news. That said, the funniest thing here is that no one watches liberal-leaning media. MSNBC has the lowest ratings of all the major networks.
Actually, MSNBC is second. CNN is third.

Quote:
The Left has no one as influential as say, Limbaugh or Hannity. Why this is, I'm not sure.

I think I can answer this. Most conservatives rely on these commentators and others to either tell them what to think or what they want to hear. Liberals, I've noticed, don't form a cult around a commentator. Sure, we might watch them (I don't) but I don't think they're taken as seriously as the right takes their guys. The way we think about issues is far more nuanced than anything a commentator can say, and we'd rather be informed than get spoonfed other peoples' opinions. Or maybe that's just me. I don't know. Can anyone else chime in here?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM

10,876 posts, read 13,762,727 times
Quote:
I always find it humorous when people bring stuff up like this. I thought everyone already knew that MSNBC was liberal-leaning, just as Fox is conservative-leaning. Both seem more concerned with putting forth an agenda than in simply reporting the news.
Fox is a 24/7 propaganda network for the right. MSNBC kicks off the day with a 3 hour republican show. The rest of the day is just "top story" unbiased news headlines. The only time you see any kind of slant to the left is when the prime-time talking head shows come on.

Quote:
The Left has no one as influential as say, Limbaugh or Hannity. Why this is, I'm not sure. Perhaps liberals get their information from other sources
Exactly. Liberals, democrats, independents, libertarians etc,.. like to get their news from multiple sources, hear all sides of the story and come up with their own conclusions. Right wingers on the other hand want to hear only what they want to hear and that's it, no matter how distorted or false. The Limbaugh's, Beck's, and Hannity's are just the pipers leading the rats. This is why you never see any on those levels for the left. Liberals and others think for themselves, the right lets other people do it for them.

Quote:
, but the bottom line is that a liberal-leaning new station like MSNBC is going to have significantly less influence on the population than a conservative-leaning Fox news. Why we can't just get the f8cking news without an agenda is beyond me. People seem to like to be spoonfed talking points.
Which is true, to most right wingers thinking for themselves is "hard" so they just let fox do it for them. It's much easier to be a republican as all you have to do is just sit on your rear all day getting brainwashed by fox than it does for everyone else that uses multiple sources, does their own research, and come up with their own informed decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies