Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:04 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Senate Leader agreed, a House Leader, for the 1st time in history, did not.
Good! Obama needs to be put back in his place. He's not a dictator nor a king.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
It is not funny, the President picked an exact day the Republican field was to be on TV in a debate where they would be positioning themselves as the Republican candidate for President.
Of course they would all be slamming Obama if they are smart.

I'm sure that was Obama trying to be slick.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Senate Leader agreed, a House Leader, for the 1st time in history, did not.
Oh, I don't think so. Boehner's letter says differently......unless you have a link backing that up?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
So why not then give the speech when he wants to in a different location and later in the evening after the already scheduled votes, and invite any members of Congress who think the subject matter of the speech is important to attend? I presume he'll get most of the Democratic members there, but the republicans will be occupied with something more important to them than jobs.
Not sure where that location would be, but I assume there is a safe location somewhere nearby.

As I think about it, wouldn't it be more effective to give such a speech at a different location, perhaps even outside the Beltway?
There's a new baseball stadium, just a few blocks south of the House. He could throw up a couple of cheesy greek columns, hand out some tofu arugla to the neighbors... the place would be packed.

Would just need an announcer to proclaim... 'And it's strike 3.... You're FIRED! ! !

Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, I don't think so. Boehner's letter says differently......unless you have a link backing that up?
I had a tweet from NBC's Kelly O, indicating Reid sources telling her that Reid said any day is fine with him. It was about a hour ago when the tweet came out. If you are requesting a link to when a President's request for joint session was turned down, kind of hard to find a link to something that has not occurred.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Since when was a GOP primary debate more important than a highly anticipated job creation speech by our president?

The GOP debate will be the same as the others. Low taxes, Big empire, Invade Iran, Anti abortion and same sex marriage.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:37 PM

146 posts, read 89,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Since when was a GOP primary debate more important than a highly anticipated job creation speech by our president?

The GOP debate will be the same as the others. Low taxes, Big empire, Invade Iran, Anti abortion and same sex marriage.
Really? This is what you're going with? "Highly anticipated" by whom, exactly? You? One event had been scheduled for months but they should toss that aside for yet another Obama speech that could only be delivered on that *very* day? Who are you trying to convince, your fellow liberals? Because you sure as hell aren't convincing anybody else.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Question Boehner Tells Obama to Choose A Different Day For His Speech!

So, has it been rescheduled?

Old 08-31-2011, 04:44 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

If Mr Hussein's speech were so important then he could give tomorrow. I am sure his handlers have fed it into the teleprompter by now.

After the speech, the GOP response should be "That's nice, but I think we will wait until a real president is elected.".

Old 08-31-2011, 04:46 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
If Mr Hussein's speech were so important then he could give tomorrow. I am sure his handlers have fed it into the teleprompter by now.

After the speech, the GOP response should be "That's nice, but I think we will wait until a real president is elected.".
Errr, House on vacation til next Weds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies