Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
are you saying we should have done nothing and let Hitler take over the world. he would have killed millions more.
Hitler was never going to "take over the world." You sound like a fifth grader. Millions more died anyway when our allies the Communists took over Eastern Europe, China, Indochina and North Korea, remember that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 08:21 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No, the ruling party gassed villages which had risen in armed revolt, in the middle of a war, on the side of the enemy, and whose inhabitants did not consider themselves Saddam's "own people." They also gassed Iranian troops, with our encouragement and collusion.
If a country declares war with the U.S. you think they are only going to go after democrats because they are in control of the U.S. government. how silly does that sounds!! The U.S. government never encourage the use of WMDs on Iranian troops it is a flat out lie!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
If a country declares war with the U.S. you think they are only going to go after democrats because they are in control of the U.S. government. how silly does that sounds!! The U.S. government never encourage the use of WMDs on Iranian troops it is a flat out lie!!!
How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal - Times Online

I have no idea what your first sentence means or what point you think it makes.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Hitler was never going to "take over the world." You sound like a fifth grader. Millions more died anyway when our allies the Communists took over Eastern Europe, China, Indochina and North Korea, remember that?
how can you be so sure Hitler would not have taken over the world if left alone unimpeded. it was his goal to take over the world. yes I might have learn it in 5th grade but I still remember. OK the communist killed millions more are you saying the U.S. had something to do with it also.I guess to some people the U.S. is the trouble maker no matter what they do!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal - Times Online

I have no idea what your first sentence means or what point you think it makes.
THE TIMES ARE YOU SIRIOUS!!!thats where your getting this info, now I get it. the inti-American news source. the ones that make the cool-aid for the cool-aid drinker!!!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
how can you be so sure Hitler would not have taken over the world if left alone unimpeded. it was his goal to take over the world. yes I might have learn it in 5th grade but I still remember. OK the communist killed millions more are you saying the U.S. had something to do with it also.
The U.S. had everything to do with it. Beating Germany and Japan delivered almost a billion people into Communism within 5 years.

Quote:
I guess to some people the U.S. is the trouble maker no matter what they do!!!
Yes, to people who know history and hold the U.S. to the same standards as they hold other countries, the U.S. is a troublemaker.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
THE TIMES ARE YOU SIRIOUS!!!thats where your getting this info, now I get it. the inti-American news source. the ones that make the cool-aid for the cool-aid drinker!!!!!
Can you rewrite this in English?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times
Religion and virtue are important parts of life----we all need moral compass in our life.

That being said, we need to proceed with adhering to the constitutional directive of seperation of Church and State. It allright for a candidate to profess his ties to faith, yet I fear that our political process is becoming a challenge or free for all for everybody to out faith base everyone else.

We have monumental challenges and issues facing us-----debt reduction, job creation, motivating and educating our children, repairing our infrastructure, and restoring the confidence of our people in congress .

These are monumental challenges and will require a creative and imaginative group of people coming up with solutions. I will let the candidates tell me they are faith based, and I appreciate that. That being said, than please get on with and let me know what you are going to do about our massive problems.

I dont want to infuriate good and solid faith based people----but please----please----lets spend the majority of time during the upcoming debates and process in coming up a blueprint and design for meeting our challenge----I want to hear more of that and a little less dogma and slogans----lets get on with it---a struggling nation is waiting.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
The U.S. had everything to do with it. Beating Germany and Japan delivered almost a billion people into Communism within 5 years.

Yes, to people who know history and hold the U.S. to the same standards as they hold other countries, the U.S. is a troublemaker.
I love America the best country you could ever live in. it is a strong nation, it will always be the best. there is no other country like America. I wish I could say I'm sorry for the way thing turn out, but I'm not sorry, so you will just have to deal with your hatred for Americans for the rest of your life so sorry that you have to do that!!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:44 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
I love America the best country you could ever live in. it is a strong nation, it will always be the best. there is no other country like America. I wish I could say I'm sorry for the way thing turn out, but I'm not sorry, so you will just have to deal with your hatred for Americans for the rest of your life so sorry that you have to do that!!
There is no other country like the US? Based on what criteria? Blind nationalism annoys me. Ever heard of Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, etc.? All of them are in a better position than the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies