Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times

Advertisements

>There are a lack of transitional fossils

Why do people still believe this idiocy?

Do they not do actual research before pulling claims out of their rear end?

>Evolution is not fact

SOMEONE didn't pass third grade science.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
This has nothing to do with evolution.

Also, I recall 1986 quite well, and seriously - you think THAT was a cultural high point?

Sheesh.
In my lifetime, yes (born 1977)

I would say that years before my life (the 60's for example) were better.

The mid 80's sure beat the heck out of today though

Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

That's just nostalgia though. I was born in 1979 and while I look back longingly at Ferris Bueller's Day Off as a cinematic classic, there were plenty of people in 1986 griping about how the culture of the 1980s was complete crap and everything including music, film, clothes, and art was better 20 years ago in the 60s(or even earlier). Every generation does that.

Last edited by Deezus; 09-01-2011 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

Now see, this is how subjective this is. I would have voted for 1977, and I was born in 1967.

Now I find myself sentimental about the 70's, when things were simpler and not so complicated. When kids had treehouses.

Then I remember my dad saying the same thing about the 50's and I laugh.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
I still can't believe Roy is using Ann Coulter's opinion as evidence.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
>There are a lack of transitional fossils

Why do people still believe this idiocy?

Do they not do actual research before pulling claims out of their rear end?

>Evolution is not fact

SOMEONE didn't pass third grade science.
I find it sad that you have bought into the fairy tale.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
pot...kettle

There is all sorts of evidence to support creationism. And all sorts of holes in the theory of evolution. I believe in time evolution will be seen as a great hoax. It'll go the way of the flat-earthers.
Wasn't calling anyone anything, pot, kettle or otherwise.

I should have been more specific - evidence that is able to withstand scientific scrutiny, i.e., that has a premise that can either be supported or not supported by data. When and if the theory of evolution is replaced, it will be replaced by something that can better account for the data.

You are more than welcome to your belief.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:33 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Wasn't calling anyone anything, pot, kettle or otherwise.

I should have been more specific - evidence that is able to withstand scientific scrutiny, i.e., that has a premise that can either be supported or not supported by data. When and if the theory of evolution is replaced, it will be replaced by something that can better account for the data.

You are more than welcome to your belief.
I can logically prove that the universe was created. The best you've got for evolution is some circumstantial evidence--and massive holes in that.

I'm sorry...I just don't have that kind of faith.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 PM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If just one transition fossil could be showed to us I would have a stronger belief in evolution as a truth and not just a theory. Coulter was so right on about nobody finding one of those things.
They have found plenty of fossils showing evolution from say a fish to a land living animal look up Tiktaalik- which shows evolving adaptations in a fish to land life such as the evolution of fins into legs and the breathing of air instead of taking the oxygen fro mthe water through gills- I dont know if creationist believers understand how rare it is to have fossils form in the first place, and the odds that someone will actually come across these fossils is pretty steep-creationists seem to want a series of fossils that show every step of evolution in a specific line of animal- I think there are enough fossils that show the development of bird skeletal traits in therapod dinosaurs to show that birds evolved from dinosaurs or from a common early source-creationists arguments are like the playground arguing technique-if I say the sky is blue you say how can you prove it is?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I can logically prove that the universe was created. The best you've got for evolution is some circumstantial evidence--and massive holes in that.

I'm sorry...I just don't have that kind of faith.
I believe you and I have had this discussion before. I don't think the theory of evolution accounts for everything in the universe....mainly because it doesn't, nor was it meant to. I'm reasonably sure that if what you're using for evidence is creationism, you can't logically prove anything, but that's neither here nor there. Maybe you have new evidence since last we discussed.

Happy to agree to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies