Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,339 times

Advertisements

Don't you know, any source that publishes facts that conflict with Glenn Beck or facts that are not positive to the Rightwing or some of its members, or, even more hideous, attempt to show compassion for anyone not as fortunate as the rest of us IS INHERENTLY A LEFT-WING ORGANIZATION!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Don't you know, any source that publishes facts that conflict with Glenn Beck or facts that are not positive to the Rightwing or some of its members, or, even more hideous, attempt to show compassion for anyone not as fortunate as the rest of us IS INHERENTLY A LEFT-WING ORGANIZATION!!!
if the shoe fits

Old 09-01-2011, 04:14 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What makes her a legal alien if she's not here on a work visa or visiting?
Using the "KISS" rule (Keep It Simple, Stupid) I would assume that she has a permanent resident visa through her marriage to her husband. Do I need to post the link for you to the governemnt immigration services website?

Old 09-01-2011, 04:19 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Using the "KISS" rule (Keep It Simple, Stupid) I would assume that she has a permanent resident visa through her marriage to her husband. Do I need to post the link for you to the governemnt immigration services website?
Nonono... KISS does not apply to these forums. Everything is a plot. Everything is meant to benefit the other guy! And actually looking things up and finding out we might..just might be wrong?? Blasphemy!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,339 times
My side is never wrong.
Just like there is no such think as cold, only the absence of heat; or
There is no such thing as the dark, only the absences of light,
There is no such thing as "wrong", only the absence of.......Correctness?

Old 09-01-2011, 04:46 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Prove it.

You know, prove it just like Snopes and FactCheck proved that World Nut Daily was lying.

Go for it. Give us an example. Show us something they said that can be verified as not true.

We'll wait.
Snopes, consists of a married couple living in an LA suburb. They admitted that they are only as good as their sources. Their sources are dubious, to say the least. The left cites eachother, and that's supposed to make it more believable. When it comes to Obama, they cite his book, Dreams, which is full of his "dreams", as in made up facts.
You're not going to like my source, I don't like yours, so indulge me for a moment.
heed the following;

Quote:
The Mikkelsons admit, however, that Snopes is only as reliable as the sources it cites, and they invite readers to look for the truth themselves.
"We don't expect anyone to accept us as the ultimate authority on any topic, which is why our site's name indicates that it contains reference pages," states the Snopes FAQ page. "The research materials we've used in the preparation of any particular page are listed … so that readers who wish to verify the validity of our information may check those sources for themselves."
When Farah wrote about Snopes in his "Beware the Internet!" column, his criticism keyed in on the website's choice of sources.
Snopes was investigating claims that the Environmental Protection Agency was covering over safety concerns with compact fluorescent light bulbs. In determining the concerns a myth, however, Snopes cited as evidence the EPA.
"Notice the sources Snopes relies upon to conclude beyond any doubt CFLs don't pose a serious health threat to anyone," Farah writes, "the same government agency pushing CFLs. Where I come from (nearly 30 years of solid journalism experience), this is not considered good reporting. This is not considered the best way to seek truth and enlightenment or even objective facts."

Read more: Is Snopes.com infallible? Is Snopes.com infallible?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,127,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Snopes, consists of a married couple living in an LA suburb. They admitted that they are only as good as their sources. Their sources are dubious, to say the least.
That's nothing more than a blanket assertion. I asked for proof.

Quote:
The left cites eachother, and that's supposed to make it more believable.

The only actual evidence that I have seen in this thread indicates that the Mikkelsons are NOT "left." Unless you have evidence to counter that, you have no argument.

Quote:
When it comes to Obama, they cite his book, Dreams, which is full of his "dreams", as in made up facts.
In the absence of facts to the contrary, which they cite when they have them, there's nothing improper about.

Quote:
You're not going to like my source, I don't like yours, so indulge me for a moment.
heed the following;

Your source has been discredited more times than I can remember. I don't like your source, because your source is notoriously dishonest and has been proven to be so many times over. It is also biased beyond question, they don't even bother to deny it.

Whereas allegations that Snopes is biased have actually been contradicted by the evidence provided.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,202 times
Quote:
Snopes, consists of a married couple living in an LA suburb. They admitted that they are only as good as their sources. Their sources are dubious, to say the least.
LMAO!

In this particular case, they cited WND!

So you're saying that WND is "dubious?"

LOVE IT!

Here - since people can be SO obtuse, it's spelled out in plain English. Maybe you can read it?

snopes.com: No, Virginia, There Is No Obama/Kagan Connection

Old 09-01-2011, 07:47 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What makes her a legal alien if she's not here on a work visa or visiting?
You're ready to accuse someone of being an illegal alien, without even knowing of the rules for permanent legal residence through marriage to a US citizen?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:53 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,823 times
Quote:
Snopes, consists of a married couple living in an LA suburb. They admitted that they are only as good as their sources. Their sources are dubious, to say the least. The left cites eachother, and that's supposed to make it more believable. When it comes to Obama, they cite his book, Dreams, which is full of his "dreams", as in made up facts.
heed the following;

How can anyone actually quote World Net Daily with a straight face? Seriously those people just flat out lie about everything they publish. I would question the intelligence of anyone who gave them one iota of credit for journalistic integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies