Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't agree with his choice of language, but I do agree with his opinion. There won't be another Black President for at least 20-30 years. I'd put some money on that.
Why don't we not elect any more white male Presidents or Senators or Congressmen or Governors? After all, they were screwing up this country long before Obama became President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 11:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
here we go again...just. stop. it. another cheerleader thread about some yet-to-be-named republican candidate who will win it all and send obama home in shame....

clearly you guys WANT another term of obama--if you're banking on voter disappointment with obama as a reason to elect one of these republican "frontrunners" YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

if republicans had half a brain they'd put huntsman in and kill all talk about these supposed "frontrunners"
He or Johnson are the only Reps I would even consider thinking about voting for, and neither of them has a snowball's chance in Hell. The Republican Party doesn't have a single candidate who, in an electorate with any sort of brains, would have a chance. The only chance the Reps have is to dumb down things as much as possible, and they are experts at doing that.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:41 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is a figurehead. A fluke.. his experience surely didn't get him into the White House. Dems knew the blacks would vote for him and the liberal media supported him . Obama became a senator by circumstance. His opponent on the ticket was not even from Illinois . His opponent was Alan Keyes who was from Maryland and was a last minute candidate because the fellow who Alan Keyes replaced was caught up in a scandal and was removed.

Circumstances. And the lies Obama told to get elected. Clean up Washington, transparency, bringing people of both parties together.. what a crock... It is just the opposite..

Obama will have no regrets.. the black people will because Obama did nothing for them or the country.
Actually he did, he prevented that insane whacko better know as Palin from getting her money-hungry azz in the White house!

Keyes would not have won anyway, nobody but likes him

Old 09-23-2011, 11:46 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,573,598 times
Obama has damn good chance of winning in 2012 how is a republican gonna win without the african american latino & senior citizen votes. Republicans have not brought any remotely decent to the table in these debates everything they have said will destroy this country more. Getting rid of social security no more min wage no taxes for the rich or big companys & higher takes for 98% of americans all these ideas are wrong on so many levels. Obamas jobs plan is 25 times better than what the republican can come up with. Give Obama a chance before you call for his head he can not get anything done with congress who has a 12% approval rating it is not his faul he is trying harder than all of congress combined which says a lot

Old 09-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why don't we not elect any more white male Presidents or Senators or Congressmen or Governors? After all, they were screwing up this country long before Obama became President.

oooooh, Im telling! You can't say such truths in public
His whole Presidency was a setup from the begining. He ran against an old man that the republicans really did not want to endorse and a quarter-wit bimbo. He inherited a mess left by a family of billionaires. The jobless rate was high and climbing, there were two wars in process, and people were already pissed off. Im nnot defending him completely but fair is fair. It would not have mattered who you would have put in there it you would have had the same results or worst

Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Obama has made plenty of mistakes. As to which one he will regret the most, I haven't the foggiest. The funny thing is, a person makes campaign promises going into the office of the Presidency, then they get in and get briefed. Who knows what they learn? Maybe that's why Gitmo wasn't closed. I dunno. But tearing him apart on a "Gee, maybe this or maybe that." It all depends on his feelings. And I can't speculate on someone's feelings.

Here....Politifact lists his broken promises. I don't even have to type out his failures. They've done it for me.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken
I think that you made a valid point. Candidates make promises which I believe (in most cases are sincere) but once they get in and find out that there is reason why things are the way that they are. Then when they cannot change what they promised they are called liars. Sadly it is not completely not always the president's fault, remember he still has to fight the refuticans and dumbazz bluedogs also. I wonder how many of his policies were changed or watered down?

Old 09-23-2011, 12:13 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Screwing it up for the next more qualified Black candidate in the future with the biased rural bluedog democrats.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Failure to address economic conditions, especially unemployment. The stimulus didn't stimulate. Even if you love the man personally, being unable to find a job makes you rethink whether to support him.
I think the Stimulus is a perfect example of his inexperience. I'm sure hindsight 20/20 will afford him the opportunity to say "Yeah....I completely dropped the ball on that one."

Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 AM

35 posts, read 18,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think the Stimulus is a perfect example of his inexperience. I'm sure hindsight 20/20 will afford him the opportunity to say "Yeah....I completely dropped the ball on that one."
Well he laughed at the "Shovel ready" Jobs BS!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Tell me how a republican is going to win the presidency without the Latino, African-American and other minority votes. I just don't see Obama losing in 2012.
you forgot to mention the unions, not limited to just minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies