Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 05:39 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,421 times

Advertisements

Democrat tax cuts work like this: take money from everybody, and give it to a few of your friends. Or pick names out of a hat. I hired a guy four weeks too soon in 2010; the business down the street hired four weeks later and got out of payroll taxes for a year on his hire. Thanks a lot, Democrats, I love it when you take money from me to arbitrarily give it to my neighbor--who is in about the same circumstances. "Targeted tax cuts" means "arbitrary money spray." How about we try the same rules for everybody? Try equal treatment under the law for a change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 05:47 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Democrat tax cuts work like this: take money from everybody, and give it to a few of your friends. Or pick names out of a hat. I hired a guy four weeks too soon in 2010; the business down the street hired four weeks later and got out of payroll taxes for a year on his hire. Thanks a lot, Democrats, I love it when you take money from me to arbitrarily give it to my neighbor--who is in about the same circumstances. "Targeted tax cuts" means "arbitrary money spray." How about we try the same rules for everybody? Try equal treatment under the law for a change?
So sorry to hear that happened to you.

The demwits live by 'take from/do to thee, but not me.' Equal treatment does not work for entitlement minded people as the mindset is again, 'take from thee, but not me,' The left has become almost rabid in this mentality and the way they have spread class warfare is pathetic.

I am so ready to see the exit of Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and the rest of their nasty gang.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:51 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Obama giveth and his EPA/FDA/NLRBA etc. taketh away

Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
So does that mean that all you Obama haters are going to continue to lie about Obama raising taxes even while he cuts more taxes, because that's sure what it sounds like.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:46 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
9-11 put our family business into the tank. We were not airline, etc. No help for us. We did not expect any. Things happens. DH still votes Democratic.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:33 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So does that mean that all you Obama haters are going to continue to lie about Obama raising taxes even while he cuts more taxes, because that's sure what it sounds like.
If by "lie" you mean "tell the truth" and you mean "raise taxes" when you say "he cuts more taxes" then we'll be lying--a lot.

Just wondering, where do you get your facts?

Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You wouldn't know it from the media, but it's true.

Seventeen Small Business Tax Cuts and Counting | The White House

............while continuing-

1. the highest corporate taxes in the world

2. increased regulations through the EPA

3. increased banking and lending regulations stifling credit

3. increased expenses via Obamacare

4. continued unfair trade agreements with NAFTA and CHINA most favored nation trade status

5. Regulations to prevent and stifle US domestic oil exploration and refinement

6. Support of the unions, instead of the US worker, for US job development (see Boeing)

7. Support of the "working rights" of illegals, destroying the bargaining power and wages of US workers

8. Support of the trial lawyer's association to continue to pirate US industry

............ Now could your repeat again what YOU THINK Obama is doing for the US WORKER?????????

Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,449 times
As long as the EPA (Employment Prevention Agency) continues to run roughshod over the entrepreneurs and job-creators in this country, none of those bills will matter.

His fixation with raising taxes in an economy as bad as this one, as well as deliberately preventing hundreds of thousands of citizens from getting jobs thanks to his subservience to unions and environmentalists, are both substantially more injurious to our economy than anything.

He's not about to reject his radical mindset in believing that the government can create jobs while he continues to insist that 'green jobs' are the wave of the future, despite the rash of bankruptcy filings by
three solar energy companies in the past sixteen months despite receiving 1.5+ trillion dollars in wasted subsidies.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
As long as the EPA (Employment Prevention Agency) continues to run roughshod over the entrepreneurs and job-creators in this country, none of those bills will matter.

His fixation with raising taxes in an economy as bad as this one, as well as deliberately preventing hundreds of thousands of citizens from getting jobs thanks to his subservience to unions and environmentalists, are both substantially more injurious to our economy than anything.

He's not about to reject his radical mindset in believing that the government can create jobs while he continues to insist that 'green jobs' are the wave of the future, despite the rash of bankruptcy filings by
three solar energy companies in the past sixteen months despite receiving 1.5+ trillion dollars in wasted subsidies.
He's been saying that for 3 years now.
Meanwhile China is now the top producer of solar panels.
It takes years to get through the web of EPA and other government agencies to move to green technology. First Solar tried both here and in China. They are already making headway in China while still dorking with government paperwork here in the US.

We are our own worst enemy.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:32 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Quote:
If by "lie" you mean "tell the truth" and you mean "raise taxes" when you say "he cuts more taxes" then we'll be lying--a lot.

Just wondering, where do you get your facts?
I see. In a post about President Obama cutting taxes you choose not to list any of the myriad tax increases you claim he's enacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies