Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Such drama. Not to mention a great deal of conjecture outside the scope of my post. I will refrain from responding in kind.

I'll break down my POV in an elementary fashion. Women (including myself) say, it's my body, I am in control of my body and can do whatever I want with my reproductive system.

All of that is true.

Now, from a logical, just plain old common sense, standpoint a man (or any logical person) would conclude that if women are in control of their bodies and reproductive systems, and they don't want to get pregant, they will either be protecting their bodies and reproductive systems over which they claim to have full and sole control - or they will insist that he use protection.

How could a man conclude otherwise? Would you prefer that he conclude she is too stupid to protect the body and reproductive system over which she claims to have full control?

Obviously some women have lied about being protected. The men who have experienced this, or are concerned they may experience this - or get an STD - will use protection. Because women may lie is the primary reason that guy will use protection - or because he doesn't want to risk paying child support...not because he perceives himself to share equal responsibility for preventing a pregnancy in the body of another who claims sole control.
scarlet your posts don't take into consideration women who are victims abuse or are pressured into sex. nor does it take into account BC failure. it matters not how the woman got pregnant only that she is. you can protect yourself as best you can and stuff still happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
I must associate with much better class of men than you do. Men who were fathers, brothers, and husbands to women who were mistreated by the black alley abortions back before Roe vs. Wade. And men who in this decade care about their loved ones enough that they don't want to see them lose the right to a safe and legal medical procedure as part of the reproductive health choices available. Sure, you're going to find a few men/boys who---how did you put it?---think, "What a load off my shoulders!" when their girlfriend/wife gets an abortion. But for every guy like that you're going to find a dozen who either mourn the loss of what could have been right along with their mates and/or are lovingly supportive when facing an unwanted pregnancy.

If all the men you know are as cavalier as you claim in your posts then I feel sorry for you, but you are defaming a lot of good men with your rhetoric and that's just not right.
Such drama. Not to mention a great deal of conjecture outside the scope of my post. I will refrain from responding in kind. I'll break down my POV in an elementary fashion. Women (including myself) say, it's my body, I am in control of my body and can do whatever I want with my reproductive system.

All of that is true.

Now, from a logical, just plain old common sense, standpoint a man (or any logical person) would conclude that if women are in control of their bodies and reproductive systems, and they don't want to get pregant, they will either be protecting their bodies and reproductive systems over which they claim to have full and sole control - or they will insist that he use protection.

How could a man conclude otherwise? Would you prefer that he conclude she is too stupid to protect the body and reproductive system over which she claims to have full control?

Obviously some women have lied about being protected. The men who have experienced this, or are concerned they may experience this - or get an STD - will use protection. Because women may lie is the primary reason that guy will use protection - or because he doesn't want to risk paying child support...not because he perceives himself to share equal responsibility for preventing a pregnancy in the body of another who claims sole control.
That's rich coming from someone who calls herself Scarlet Ohara. I was responding to the disparaging remarks you made about men when I posted what you are labeling as 'drama'.

What you said:

Quote:
I don't see evidence that most men gave a rat's behind about back alley abortionists. I also maintain that men absolutely would not have been on board as much if they didn't see certain advantages for themselves. Whew! What a load off their shoulders when you can just get rid of it!
Just because you didn't like my reply it was still completely within "the scope of the post" I was replying to." Instead of defending your opinion about men---an opinion that seems to put men two steps above pond scum---you go off on a fairy tale tangent about how you think women have complete control over their bodies and men don't have to think about protection unless they sleep with liars.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-10-2011 at 05:02 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's rich coming from someone who calls herself Scarlet Ohara. I was responding to the disparaging remarks you made about men when I posted what you are labeling as 'drama'.

What you said:

Just because you didn't like my reply it was still completely within "the scope of the post" I was replying to." Instead of defending your opinion about men---an opinion that seems to put men two steps above pond scum---you go off on a fairy tale tangent about how you think women have complete control over their bodies and men don't have to think about protection unless they sleep with liars.
This is background noise.

If you can't address what I wrote, it's okay to just say so - or to quietly move along.

Usually when people resort to personal attacks, it's all they have left.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
scarlet your posts don't take into consideration women who are victims abuse or are pressured into sex. nor does it take into account BC failure. it matters not how the woman got pregnant only that she is. you can protect yourself as best you can and stuff still happens.
I happen to think it does matter if a woman becomes pregnant as a result of those things you list. I haven't discounted them at all. There are always exceptions.

Don't forget the flip side of that abuse either - the opening post of this thread - coerced abortions.

I'm referring to the majority - 93% report the reason for abortion is because the pregnancy is inconvenient/unwanted.

For that majority:

Ladies, its your body. Stop repeating it over and over as if you are trying to convince yourselves.

Stop saying it...just do it. Assume control of your body and reproductive sytem.

So what that the man shares half the responsibility for an unwanted pregnancy. Big freakin deal. You have sole control over your body. He has zero control over your body - as you keep reminding him.

You can't out of one side of your mouth whine that he is 1/2 responsible, and then out of the other side of your mouth say he has no responsibility in deciding the outcome. Your brand of logic does not compute. At least put together some form of consistent logic.

Avoid this silliness and protect yourself or insist that he use protection. Otherwise you are not in control of a damn thing, least of all your body.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
I don't know what you are rambling about but this^ is just background noise.

If you cannot respond to what I actually wrote, perhaps you should refrain from responding.
Quote:
None of this addresses what I stated either.
Quote:
Actually, you seem to be stumped. Will color coding help?

You didn't address what I wrote.

It is clear that both of you didn't like what I wrote. Sorry you didn't like it.

Oh, actually, no I'm not sorry about that at all.

By the way, I was pretty much done with you when you referred to Blacks as humanoid and then lied saying you didn't.
Quote:
This is background noise.

If you can't address what I wrote, it's okay to just say so - or to quietly move along.

Usually when people resort to personal attacks, it's all they have left.
Gee, I wonder where the problem is?????

Old 09-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I happen to think it does matter if a woman becomes pregnant as a result of those things you list. I haven't discounted them at all. There are always exceptions.

Don't forget the flip side of that abuse either - the opening post of this thread - coerced abortions.

I'm referring to the majority - 93% report the reason for abortion is because the pregnancy is inconvenient/unwanted.

For that majority:

Ladies, its your body. Stop repeating it over and over as if you are trying to convince yourselves.

Stop saying it...just do it. Assume control of your body and reproductive sytem.

So what that the man shares half the responsibility for an unwanted pregnancy. Big freakin deal. You have sole control over your body. He has zero control over your body - as you keep reminding him.

You can't out of one side of your mouth whine that he is 1/2 responsible, and then out of the other side of your mouth say he has no responsibility in deciding the outcome. Your brand of logic does not compute. At least put together some form of consistent logic.

Avoid this silliness and protect yourself or insist that he use protection. Otherwise you are not in control of a damn thing, least of all your body.
all of your above reasoning come from a place of your own values wanting other people to live as you would do. women have the right to have sex be they protected or not. a woman's moral value is her own. abortion in many cases is being responsible.

woman do have control over their bodies even if you don't like her choice.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Gee, I wonder where the problem is?????

The problem is that I held up a mirror and some people looked into it and didn't like what they saw.

If you want to debate points, will have to step it up and do so in an adult-like manner.

I am not interested in reading emotionally-charged rants or grossly twisted versions of what I stated.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
all of your above reasoning come from a place of your own values wanting other people to live as you would do. women have the right to have sex be they protected or not. a woman's moral value is her own. abortion in many cases is being responsible.
Actually, no. You are presuming! I don't care what people do - they can have all the abortions they want - or not.

I will however speak up when they use bad logic - if I'm around and have time. I was not operating from emotions as apparently many around here do.

Quote:
woman do have control over their bodies even if you don't like her choice.
You sure do presume alot.

I neither like nor dislike the choices of others - unless they harm or infringe upon others. I am indifferent. I am merely debating points and, again, pointing out illogic.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:45 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:

For that majority:

Let's get serious here: How many times a week will the average woman have sex during her 30+ years of fertility? Let's say three times a week for easy figuring. Three times a week times 52 weeks times 30 years comes to a grand total of 4,680 times. Considering the fact that most women don't get pregnant more than six times in her entire life time counting live births, miscarriages and abortions---even if you doubled that to twelve times out of 4,680 times of having sex---how can anyone, dear Scarlet, doubt that women/couples are doing a pretty darn good job of using protection? Of course, you're going to say, "Well, a woman can't get pregnant but one week per month", assuming she's as regular as clock work. Then the math still adds up to her having sex 1,080 times during her fertile times and that's still gives testimony to the fact that women DO do a great job of controlling their reproductive systems.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 09-10-2011 at 06:54 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM

great post WW can't rep you more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies