Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
12 months, fellas. I'll still be here. If I lose this bet, lunch is on me

And I'll admit I'm wrong.

But it's going to happen. And with the funny characters the GOP has for front-runners, he may not even have to campaign much. It will probably be Perry, and with his loose mouth, he will be on self-destruction mode, and in a comical fashion, the GOP will hand the WH to Obama again.
Zero job growth isn't funny.

Prolonged joblessness isn't funny.

Double dip recession isn't funny.

Obama isn't funny.

Obama is in for a tough campaign regardless who the Republican candidate is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM

146 posts, read 89,220 times
EG,

Oh, you mean like all the EO's Obama has signed when congress refused him on immigration and environmental strangleholds? You mean that sort of powerless?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
A President in the USA cannot achieve much (and especially those things that require Congress' approval) by himself. You should know? Especially when the congress' attitude is... whats wrong with another day?

Tell me how many bills have been pushed in the Congress to do anything about the employment issue since January 2011? For that matter, do you seriously believe that the republican majority would work to get unemployment numbers down and economy to pick up the pace?
Regardless, he's an enabler of those policies. Also, perception among the majority of Americans is that the "buck stops here". Perception is reality.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:01 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
EG,

Oh, you mean like all the EO's Obama has signed when congress refused him on immigration and environmental strangleholds? You mean that sort of powerless?
Talk with specifics. Provide a link to what you're babbling about. I like analysis based personal opinions, to go with credible links that discusses the subject matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Regardless, he's an enabler of those policies. Also, perception among the majority of Americans is that the "buck stops here". Perception is reality.
Yes perception is reality, for the fools that is. And what policies are you specifically talking about? How about, instead of relying on perceptions, we pick up policies brought about in the Congress that were designed to help the economy since Jan 2011?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Obama has said multiple times that he was going to have a laser focus on jobs or has "pivoted" to jobs or had jobs as his number one priority. Is it that he wasn't telling the truth and didn't really focus on it, or is it that he just didn't know how to do anything effective?
A 3 year pivot, by last count. Obamacare got in the way for a year and then of course he started campaigning in early 2011...no time for jobs, just a lot of meaningless speeches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
I find it hilarious that some people here are trying to put this on the GOP, the party that only beginning in 2011 got one house of Congress back after having huge dem margins there and the senate since 2006 and the presidency since 2008.

Do the lefties really think that blaming the GOP for clear dem failures is going to work? Is that the campaign for 2012 "It's Their Fault!"?
They will try, that's all they have.

Haven't we been told about the wonderful legilative accomplishments of this administration...how much they have gotten done?

Why doesn't he RUN on those accomplishments?

Quote:
A President in the USA cannot achieve much (and especially those things that require Congress' approval) by himself. You should know? Especially when the congress' attitude is... whats wrong with another day?

Tell me how many bills have been pushed in the Congress to do anything about the employment issue since January 2011? For that matter, do you seriously believe that the republican majority would work to get unemployment numbers down and economy to pick up the pace?
For 2 years, obama OWNED DC. He had a huge majority in the House and 60 votes in the Senate....got a lot done, didn't he?

Unfortunately, what he got done has failed miserably...just admit it.

Quote:
How about, instead of relying on perceptions, we pick up policies brought about in the Congress that were designed to help the economy since Jan 2011?
What about obama's policies? Don't want to talk about them anymore? You know, the stimulus that was supposed to create 4 million jobs and keep UE under 8%? Or obamacare, that would be an employment boom, immediately?

The GOP has one chamber of congress, the dems have the WH and the Senate - where does the responsibility lie to get things done?

Where is that 800+ day LATE budget of the Senate dems?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Do I see a spin cycle coming up by this administration of "At least it didn't increase. We must be doing the right thing!"

Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
For 2 years, obama OWNED DC. He had a huge majority in the House and 60 votes in the Senate....got a lot done, didn't he?
No. This is why I so often question your claim to "thinking".

Quote:
Where is that 800+ day LATE budget of the Senate dems?
What is House of Representatives' responsibility when it comes to budgets?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:11 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
As of November of 2010 the pay out rate for unemployment benefits corresponded to a historic rate of over 17% yet they claimed just 9.8% so take the official numbers with a grain of salt.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
No. This is why I so often question your claim to "thinking".

What is House of Representatives' responsibility when it comes to budgets?
NO? You mean his stimulus wasn't passed? Obamacare wasn't passed, Stimulus 2 wasn't passed? Financial reform wasn't passed? Auto bailouts?

Yeah, he got nothing, I tell you nothing done, shultz.

Oh, in case you haven't noticed the GOP PASSED a budget.

You DO know the Senate is required by law to propose one as well....right?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
NO? You mean his stimulus wasn't passed? Obamacare wasn't passed, Stimulus 2 wasn't passed? Financial reform wasn't passed? Auto bailouts?

Yeah, he got nothing, I tell you nothing done, shultz.
Yes, stimulus was passed... unfortunately, nearly 65% of it was what republicans wanted. Yes, health care reform was passed, and the passage didn't matter to hiring that followed (in fact, ask Rick Perry if you get a chance if he visited an office in Dallas area last year to show his appreciation for being on top in hiring... the reason for hiring he won't dare tell you was largely driven by... health care reform). Oh, and the health care reform wasn't quite what democrats or Obama wanted, too much compromise, too much listening to republican ideas.

Yet, how was the job growth in the private sector for about 15 months beginning in Jan 2010? Got any idea or are you utterly clueless and need my help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies