Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,249,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeforBeauty77 View Post
I would just like to add to your comment that my husband and I both are being affected health wise due to the smart meter RF radiation - you need to research more - nothing in our home has changed except our meter - we cannot sleep in our bedroom any more. Not everyone is ES - if it does not affect you right now, it will down the road -

Read up and study -
Shield your bedroom. It's not hard. Read up and study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,495,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
My power bill is now almost double what it used to be after they put that damn smart meter on my house. Now they don't have to estimate and can charge exactly what I use.
I do not have a smart meter the same old same old thing. HOWEVER how can these smart meters, be an advantage when so many of you on here who have these dang things, say your bills have gone up with the same exact usage.

Got to be another reason, why they would start putting these smart meters on homes, if we do not knwo know the answer now, got a feeling oh boy we surely will find out.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do not have a smart meter the same old same old thing. HOWEVER how can these smart meters, be an advantage when so many of you on here who have these dang things, say your bills have gone up with the same exact usage.

Got to be another reason, why they would start putting these smart meters on homes, if we do not knwo know the answer now, got a feeling oh boy we surely will find out.
There's two main advantages:

1) Accurate bills. Previously, electricity companies would bill based on calculated estimates. They did not read the meter every month. The difference would be made up at a later time.

2) More frequent reading intervals. This results in better forecasting of energy needs, which in turn results in more efficient spending.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 PM

37,193 posts, read 42,384,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeforBeauty77 View Post
I would just like to add to your comment that my husband and I both are being affected health wise due to the smart meter RF radiation - you need to research more - nothing in our home has changed except our meter - we cannot sleep in our bedroom any more. Not everyone is ES - if it does not affect you right now, it will down the road -

Read up and study -
Paranoia does that.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,910,484 times
If the smart meter installer attempts to come on your property and install a device that can result in health problems or death, you have every right to use whatever force is necessary to repel the trespasser from your property be it a mean dog or a shotgun.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
If the smart meter installer attempts to come on your property and install a device that can result in health problems or death, you have every right to use whatever force is necessary to repel the trespasser from your property be it a mean dog or a shotgun.
Not according to the law.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Not according to the law.
Self defense. I was in fear for my life.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Self defense. I was in fear for my life.
For self defense with a gun to stand up in court you'd have to prove that you were in immediate danger of serious injury. You're more likely to end up in a mental institute for extreme paranoia than out in the free world.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
For self defense with a gun to stand up in court you'd have to prove that you were in immediate danger of serious injury. You're more likely to end up in a mental institute for extreme paranoia than out in the free world.
You are in imminent danger if you feel a device is being installed that will give you a fatal disease. It is no different than somebody approaching you with a needle with AIDS tainted blood.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 3,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Sorry, it's just not credible. Psychosomatic symptoms, is my guess.

With all due respect there are countless studies of RF Radiation and how it affects the body, you really need to study before you make comments such as that - I am a fully sane and smart person, I have always been very healthy - the only thing that changed in our home is that electric meter.

We went saturday 2/18/2012 to a meeting and there were countless people there with same symptoms and same problems -

You need to study and read - if you need links to medical experts I will be glad to forward you a boat load of information that will blow your mind.

The sheeple people need to WAKE UP for once and realize what is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies