Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
Because you are meeting the president. It's not like you will be able to reschedule next week. It's an annual event and the drivers were fully aware of it and besides, you schedule around the president and not the other way around.
Really, then why did Obama change the day of HIS upcoming speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 07:27 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
...you schedule around the president and not the other way around.
Or else what? You lot have a sovereign at Buckingham Palace, we have a servant in the White House. Just because this President thinks he's an emperor doesn't mean we have to treat him like one.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
In before "NASCAR is by default conservative and racist" bs.
Besides being a childish and by now repetitive and boring repsonse ("In before . . . "), what makes you think anyone is thinking that? My husband, you know, the one you think doesn't have a PhD in physics while you go loudly proclaimng how you're working on one, likes NASCAR. Now my brother, with a BA in history, does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The campaigner in chief is looking for a photo op to flash for Nascar fans. He must really be nervous. Wonder how NASCAR events fit in with regard to the latest EPA and auto regulations aimed at the industry? I guess there aren't enough polo or croquet fans to root for him.
Another one who thinks:

a. NASCAR is just for blue-collar people
b. Polo and croquet are for nerds

Stereotype much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
NO! Maybe they felt the President should be tending to more important issues that our country is facing ( In reality there are really several I can think of ) rather then be a part of another "Presidential Photo session" and this is their polite way of stating this fact. After all is was an "Invitation to attend", not a "DEMAND" to attend. When was the last time you were asked to attend an event and declined. To me it is not such a big deal unless you make it one.
Oh, brother! Every time the president does something like this, someone comes up with a similar response. However, every time he doesn't do something symbolic that some RWer would like him to do, e.g. stay in DC on Memorial Day and lay a wreath at Arlington instead of honoring veterans buried in Illinois, the response is "Who does he think he is? Does he think he's too important to do this stuff?"

Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't know where you are from but an invite from the President of the USA would be a big deal for my family and I. So when someone denies an invite, something else is going on. I think the fact that the President is Black and perceived as a far left President and even illegitimate in the NASCAR supporting circles plays a big role in making it easier to deny the request.
From what I've read here, these drivers met with him last year. Did the president just turn black recently?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 AM

278 posts, read 576,992 times
If this was about the 2010 Chase then the event would have been held in 2010. The drivers were not a priority when it was a current event, why now? Obama has time to fly all over everywhere campaigning on our tax dollar, he could have seen them last year if it was about NASCAR. It could have been held with that other beer summit.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Just "coincidentally", all 5 of these guys have made contributions to GOP candidates. Although if they want to make a "public statement", it would be interesting to see what their main sponsors think about that:

Gregg Biffle - 3M/Scotchbrite, Dish Network
Kurt Busch - Miller Lite & Pennzoil
Carl Edwards - Office Depot, Subway & Dish
Kevin Harvick - Pennzoil
Tony Stewart - Office Depot

Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
From what I've read here, these drivers met with him last year. Did the president just turn black recently?
This President only turns black when people disagree with his policies.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Just "coincidentally", all 5 of these guys have made contributions to GOP candidates. Although if they want to make a "public statement", it would be interesting to see what their main sponsors think about that:

Gregg Biffle - 3M/Scotchbrite, Dish Network
Kurt Busch - Miller Lite & Pennzoil
Carl Edwards - Office Depot, Subway & Dish
Kevin Harvick - Pennzoil
Tony Stewart - Office Depot
Any links????

Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
President to honor Johnson, 2010 Chase drivers - Sep 02, 2011 - NASCAR.COM

From NASCAR.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:50 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Really? I am a nascar fan and now you are calling me racist. Care to prove that please

Guess you've missed the diversity in nascar. You should check it out. From the shops to the track
Good luck with that one Jadex! The people on this thread are so biased in their anti-NASCAR & "we (fans) all must hate the black President" rhetoric, that they are even repeating each others lies and misrepresentations.

With such simple minded perceptions and their willingness to speak loudly and proudly of something of which they have no understanding, it's clear to me now to see how this guy was ever elected in the first place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies