Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:29 AM

199 posts, read 216,700 times

Advertisements

Dying for any country is just stupid, really, as natural citizenship is acquired by luck of birth.

Smart people do not willingly join the military either. Countries with higher social mobility have trouble recruiting volunteers for military without conscription. Who would join the military when you can go to school without debt and earn a decent living without having to be a tool of empire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 01:29 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Don't worry about him, he listens to Rush all day long.

Would I die for this country? Certainly not overseas, but I'll fight the fascists who threaten the Constitution and what happens, happens.
I'd like to know who the fascists are who are threatening one of our most cherished and vapid tautologies. Next thing you know, they'll be after it is what it is.

Can at the end of the day be far behind?

Old 09-03-2011, 01:40 AM

880 posts, read 1,799,882 times
From what I've observed it appears that the people that put their lives on the line get little in return for it.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:55 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clue View Post
Dying for any country is just stupid, really, as natural citizenship is acquired by luck of birth.

Smart people do not willingly join the military either. Countries with higher social mobility have trouble recruiting volunteers for military without conscription. Who would join the military when you can go to school without debt and earn a decent living without having to be a tool of empire?
The U.S. has a poverty draft, it gives the illusion of an all volunteer force.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
People are waking up. They are finally seeing that they are just pawns in a game between power mad elites.

They don't buy the B.S. anymore; they've been lied to so much that they don't believe a word the elites tell them... even if the elites happen to say something true.

The Man has forgotten who he's supposed to serve, and the people are pissed. It's no coincidence there are riots and revolutions rolling across the planet... and if history is any indication of the future; we'll soon have new folks in charge 'round the entire earth.

But I'm not worried about the powers that be desperately trying to keep their power... I'm worried about who will replace them.

After all, when it comes to revolutions.... for every Gandhi or George Washington there are at least 10 Napoleons, Mao Zedongs, Hitlers or Pol Pots....
And when there is one "president" for the entire planet that will be very bad.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:

Would I die for this country? Certainly not overseas, but I'll fight the fascists who threaten the Constitution and what happens, happens.
Never listened to more than 15 minutes of Rush Limbaugh in my entire life.

Why do you continue to lie Danny?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Never listened to more than 15 minutes of Rush Limbaugh in my entire life.

Why do you continue to lie Danny?
He lies because ambiguous fallicies are a polite form of character assasination to people who have self esteem issues.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:47 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:

Then you would fight Obama?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:41 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
He lies because ambiguous fallicies are a polite form of character assasination to people who have self esteem issues.
You misspelled assassination and fallacies.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Gotta love the spell checkers that have nothing to offer, lol

From what I hear from the military they notice new freedoms that have been taken from us on each return from their deployments.

Anyone remember the soldiers that had their nail clippers taken away by TSA while they were returning from deployment? Gotta love the logic! This administration is the most power hungry bunch I've ever seen.

PS: Hope I spelled everything right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies