Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:32 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times

Advertisements

One and done for Barry. 1/20/13....

Tea Party now has Pres. Obama on defensive - Greensboro TEA Party | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Half the left-wing wigouts here foam at the mouth on how 'dangerous' the Tea Party is and the other half tells us that they're risibly irrelevant. I'm curious to see which version of mental unhealth takes hold in this thread.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:35 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,684 times
Default "OUT" ...... For The Long Term !!!!!!!!!! .......... Quite !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Rick Roma !!! ... Spot On !

Indeed ... So Mote It Be !

Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-03-2011, 08:37 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
The Tea Party has almost the entire Democratic Party on the defensive. Certainly there have been some high profile, running-scared kinds of outbursts of late.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:38 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,225,789 times
POTUS letting the case run it's course. Good for him.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,637,138 times
The Tea Party is the only thing Obama has going for him. If he gets reelected, which is very, very possible, it will be in large part thanks to the Tea Party.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The Tea Party is the only thing Obama has going for him. If he gets reelected, which is very, very possible, it will be in large part thanks to the Tea Party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Half the left-wing wigouts here foam at the mouth on how 'dangerous' the Tea Party is and the other half tells us that they're risibly irrelevant.
So...which category is this one in?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,754,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Hardly. They have proven to be complete idiots and although they look worse than him, they have tieds his hand for doing anything good for the country. They have done nothing for America,except make asses of themselves, and us for electing them. Just when we should be reinvesting in our country, TP has decided that cutting the deficit and protecting the rich are more important than the economy. And if they make it impossible to govern, they win because their ideology is that government cannot do anything. Idiotic.

I am taking the fight to them, because everything I have seen in the news, and have read here points to a minority with fascist leanings. They want to have their way, will purge all dissent (remember the RINO witchhunts) and will burn down the place if they don't get it. Obama is not so ineffectual as the Tea Party is idiotic and mean spirited. I voted for O. because I thought he could bring some bipartisanship to government. The current right wingers have no stomach for that, and the sooner we ship them the better.

I think you would be very surprised with what Obama can do when he has a reasonable congress to work with. And we need a reasonable congress to help us get out of this damn recession. Not a bunch of rabid rat terriers pretending to be statesmen.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 09-03-2011 at 09:41 AM..

Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Hardly. They have proven to be complete idiots and although they look worse than him, they have tied his hand for doing anything good for the country. They have done nothing for America,except make asses of themselves, and us for electing them. Just when we should be reinvesting in our country, TP has decided that cutting the deficit and protecting the rich are more important than the economy. And if they make it impossible to govern, they win because their ideology is that government cannot do anything. Idiotic.

I am taking the fight to them,because everything I have seen in the news, and have read hear points to a minority with fascist leanings. They want to have their way, and will burn down the place if they don't get it. Obama is not so bad as the Tea Party is idiotic and mean spirited. I voted for O. because I thought he could bring some bipartisanship to government. The current right wingers have not stomach for that, and the sooner we ship them the better.

I think you would be very surprised with what Obama can do when he has a reasonable congress to work with. And we need a reasonable congress to help us get out of this damn recession. Not a bunch of rabid rat terriers pretending to be statesmen.
I like you.

You make me laugh.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am taking the fight to them,because everything I have seen in the news, and have read hear points to a minority with fascist leanings.
People obviously have no idea what the word fascist means. So here, from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary..."often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition" Fascism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

This sounds suspiciously like what we have in place right now. Remember Obamacare being shoved down our throats?

TP'ers may believe in American exceptionalism, but they hardly stand for "a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader", nor are they looking for economic regimentation. Nor do I see TP thugs beating up on the SEIU, quite opposite in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies