Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:03 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I've been saying this for years.

Without having read any other posts, I bet there are many who say that "sex is a right!".

I don't disagree.

But with rights come responsibilities.

Most on the left do not see that fact or stay willfully ignorant.

For society to work, all must take responsibility for their own actions.
This is exactly what I'm trying to say! And again, this thread has gotten off-topic into a debate about PP instead of staying on the subject that some people are not taking responsibility for their sexual choices! Why else do you think there are so many single moms on welfare!? Because their having kids they can't afford! All they couldve done to avoid that is go to the nearest drug store and pick up some condoms and pills! It's far cheaper than actually having to provide for children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 04:44 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

But they are among the largest abortion providers in America.
what is your point?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
That does not mean people do not want their abortions paid for. This has been discussed endlessly on this very forum. Yes, numerous people right here on this forum have made it clear that they want their abortions paid for on human rights grounds - that human right in their eyes, of course, being health care.

They have particularly argued for paid-for abortions in light of the fact that because we are undergoing health care reforms in the country (and likewise since these reforms did not end with the last reform - the "battle" always marches on with new reforms, be they big or small), and because it is their contention that since abortions are a "legitimate medical procedure which is just the same as any other" in their eyes, then it is simply discriminatory to exclude that one medical procedure on grounds of "politics," but to allow all the others which they view as being qualitatively the same. Hence, they want a rectification of preexisting policies that interfere with that.
I would appreciate it if you would cough up just one post where someone said they wanted the govt to pay for their abortion.
I'm calling BS on this one, I have been a member here far longer than you, and I have certainly never seen anyone post that.
Put your $ where your mouth is.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:30 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
This is exactly what I'm trying to say! And again, this thread has gotten off-topic into a debate about PP instead of staying on the subject that some people are not taking responsibility for their sexual choices! Why else do you think there are so many single moms on welfare!? Because their having kids they can't afford! All they couldve done to avoid that is go to the nearest drug store and pick up some condoms and pills! It's far cheaper than actually having to provide for children.
That's what sex education, such as that promoted by PP, is supposed to teach. What options there are for contraception, and, how abstinence is the only sure way not to get pregnant. But, I've seen many here post that this teaching should only be done by the parent(s).

And... as some have also said, no birth control is 100% effective.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
WTF dude!? I know Bush was horrible with money!! He was no conservative trust me! But seriously I just said WE NEED TO CUT EVERYWHERE INCLUDING A BIG CHUNK IN MILITARY!! Egads! Did you not read my previous post!? Plus, your post is completely off-topic. I was talking about certain programs that I'm sick of getting funding. Especially since some of those people using them are leeches!!
"WTF dude"?? I thought I was addressing a mature adult. Perhaps you weren't old enough to know what Bush and Conservatives did to this country over 8 horrific years. Their view of taxes and cuts is exactly like your nonsense, so re-read my posts and continue to be in denial. Clueless Conservatives (more Bush) today want to cut across the board as you are proposing. I say this is absurd, and don't agree with your view.

I also think it is pathetic for you to presume that everyone who is on welfare is leeching, then use this to propose across the board cuts when obviously this will not help a Bush-damaged economy.

Taxes and spending are necessary to resuscitate an economy severely damaged beyond recognition by Bush and Republicans over 8 years. Mechanisms must also remain to help those who can't help themselves, including those negatively impacted by the ever-present racism and bigotry by those who support the Conservative ideology.

President Obama holds the superior position as usual.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I've always noticed this. Some people want all the freedom but none of the responsibility. Another example. They want to legalize harmful drugs but have the government pay for their health care.

If i make suicide legal do you think you will want to try it?

Likewise with legalizing drugs. just because you can doesn't mean you should.

For me it is an economics issues. 605 of our prisons are there on drug related issues. We spend billions to have a war on drugs that will NEVER work. Drugs are the #1 income source for organized crime... I say cut the legs out from under them.

get rid of the prohibition and you eliminate the cartels... they offer nothing more than you can get at CVS...

health care is something the people pay for the government jsut organizes it to make the rules and opportunity for it.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
"WTF dude"?? I thought I was addressing a mature adult. Perhaps you weren't old enough to know what Bush and Conservatives did to this country over 8 horrific years. Their view of taxes and cuts is exactly like your nonsense, so re-read my posts and continue to be in denial. Clueless Conservatives (more Bush) today want to cut across the board as you are proposing. I say this is absurd, and don't agree with your view.

I also think it is pathetic for you to presume that everyone who is on welfare is leeching, then use this to propose across the board cuts when obviously this will not help a Bush-damaged economy.

Taxes and spending are necessary to resuscitate an economy severely damaged beyond recognition by Bush and Republicans over 8 years. Mechanisms must also remain to help those who can't help themselves, including those negatively impacted by the ever-present racism and bigotry by those who support the Conservative ideology.

President Obama holds the superior position as usual.
First off, just because we don't agree on the view of cuts doesn't make my opinion absurd. What's absurd is assuming that spending ourselves IN ALL areas into oblivion will somehow get is out of debt.

Second, that's funny. You didn't call out krshegirl for saying WTF. Hypocritical much?

Third, I never said that EVERYONE who uses welfare is a leech. I only said SOME! Plus, my mom actually knows someone whose living on welfare and is the epitome of a welfare leech! She had three kids with three different men and she claimed to be bipolar. She lives on welfare yet she drives a brand new car. What do you call that?

Another example I can give the the infamous Octomom. She had 14 kids she couldn't provide for and is living on welfare since her attention-whoring campaign on her kids and how haaarrrdd it is to raise 14 kids failed!

Now before you go making comments like "just wait until you have kids," I'm letting you know (in case you haven't seem my thread history) that I am NOT having any of my own.

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 09-04-2011 at 11:00 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If i make suicide legal do you think you will want to try it?

Likewise with legalizing drugs. just because you can doesn't mean you should.

For me it is an economics issues. 605 of our prisons are there on drug related issues. We spend billions to have a war on drugs that will NEVER work. Drugs are the #1 income source for organized crime... I say cut the legs out from under them.

get rid of the prohibition and you eliminate the cartels... they offer nothing more than you can get at CVS...

health care is something the people pay for the government jsut organizes it to make the rules and opportunity for it.
I want to legalize all drugs too. I just don't want to pay for the health care of the people that use them.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I want to legalize all drugs too. I just don't want to pay for the health care of the people that use them.
Cant have it both ways.......

Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Cant have it both ways.......
You're right. You can't demand complete freedom but then demand the government take care of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies