Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I already addressed the both issues that the article raises. Not my problem if you ignored my posts. Have a good day.
I read every one of your posts and you failed to do what you thought you wanted to do, it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 12:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I read every one of your posts and you failed to do what you thought you wanted to do, it seems.
Quote:
BTW...Have you been advocating the get the money out of politics and disagreed when the Supreme Court allowed corporations unlimited buying power over our elected officials?

The above quote is from a previous post. You did not answer my question which would have intiated the debate about throwing money into politics and Campaign Finance Reform. This corruption any cronyism that you have a problem with is systemic and not just a concern you should be having with this current administration and Obama. Could it be you didn't want to address my question and the bigger picture for partisan reasons or do you honestly beleive that this is not a problem and issue within the Republican Party as well? Seriously now.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Quote:
Golly, gee Nanosolar was begun in 2002 and yet that $535 million loan went to Solyndra in 2009. Now somebody knew who to go to for a loan or somebody was trying to thank someone for the part he took in the election of 2008. I think it may well be the latter and that the Department of Energy was trying to help out an important money man named Kaiser.

Ok, I read your link and now I think you need to read mine before you throw out much more deflection crap.
You asked if a solar investment was sound for anyone, here is the question if you forgot.

Quote:
Getting back to the topic of the thread, is there some chance you can use your colorful speech to tell us how sound an investment in solar power like Solynga has been for anyone? Let fly and we will try to understand.
Answering your question is not deflection, but raving I didn't address questions in your head or paranoid ravings about the government is bizarre as hell.

Get help Roy, you need it.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Pretty sure that works both ways if you want to be totally honest about the situation.
Nope. I support Republican efforts on tax reform. I'm with them on housing reform. And in some cases, not all, I support their efforts on education reform.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Green energy is a fine thing but until we can make it viable we can't just shift to it. Maybe you need to spend the next year in Texas and get to experience the rolling energy blackouts caused by recent EPA regulations that caused 5 generating plants to close down in that state. They are going to be very short next summer although they have the most wind farms in the nation.

You can't just say we are going green and be there. It takes time and money to do the research to make it affordable.
Then you didn't just read what you quoted me and then replied to.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:06 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Green energy holds great promise, but we should let the private sector work it out. It will get there in time, but it is nowhere near the point now where you could depend on it to crews a significant amount of jobs today.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Nope. I support Republican efforts on tax reform. I'm with them on housing reform. And in some cases, not all, I support their efforts on education reform.
Your original quote used the quantity of "most" republicans and your rebuttal used the sample size of 1...being yourself...thats not really a valid example.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:18 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Fuel security should be a national issue.

It is our biggest Achilles.

If the Gov't can't get out of the way, then our only option is to exploit the corrupt system for the benefit of local security.

We have a system that is so broken, it must collapse in order to fix it.

Whether we start now or later, will dictate how much pain the world will feel.

Alternative energy is the least regulated source of fuel we have.

Regardless of whether we have 200 yrs. of black oil in the ground that we are not able to pump. We need energy to keep this many people alive.

Our wars are about energy and profit. Our downfall will be because of energy and profit (corrupt profit). Over reaching into others land.

The next world war will cull 2 billion plus people from this planet. It is by design.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Green energy holds great promise, but we should let the private sector work it out. It will get there in time, but it is nowhere near the point now where you could depend on it to crews a significant amount of jobs today.
That is a nice goal, but the playing field is no where near balanced. In order to make it.

Exxon is one of the most subsidized energy producers in the world. They are also the most profitable (as of last yr.) corporation in America.

Take those away from Exxon, and give it to New Fuels companies, and it may take off.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The above quote is from a previous post. You did not answer my question which would have intiated the debate about throwing money into politics and Campaign Finance Reform. This corruption any cronyism that you have a problem with is systemic and not just a concern you should be having with this current administration and Obama. Could it be you didn't want to address my question and the bigger picture for partisan reasons or do you honestly beleive that this is not a problem and issue within the Republican Party as well? Seriously now.
If we manage to keep Obama another term I think that the balance in the Supreme Court will be upset, considering the appointments he has made. Of course, the "old" people there are libs, or were libs when appointed.

I don't see how we get any Campaign Finance Reform with people like Obama around who aren't above taking laundered money from all over the world, but it would be nice if we could.

BTW, where did he plan to get that Billion dollars from for the next campaign? Will there be as many "little" people around to give all those thousands of $20 dollar donations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies