Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Warren Buffett’s hokey tax-hike call--Editorial - NYPOST.com

Quote:
That’s right: As Americans for Limited Government President Bill Wilson notes, the company openly admits that it owes back taxes since as long ago as 2002.

“We anticipate that we will resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) for the 2002 through 2004 tax years ... within the next 12 months,” the firm’s annual report says.
His company has been fighting the IRS for nearly 10 years on the taxes it owes...the COST of that to the taxpayer must be enormous.

Warren Buffet May Owe A Billion Dollars In Back Taxes - HUMAN EVENTS

Quote:
His company, Berkshire Hathaway, has been fighting the IRS tooth and nail to avoid paying its federal tax bill for nearly a decade.
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/b...9/01/id/409520

Quote:
But it turns out that Buffett’s own company, Berkshire Hathaway, has had every opportunity to pay more taxes over the last decade. Instead, it’s been mired in a protracted legal battle with the Internal Revenue Service over a bill that one analyst estimates may total $1 billion.

Yes, that’s right: while Warren Buffett complains that the rich aren’t paying their fair share his own company has been fighting tooth and nail to avoid paying a larger share.
What a friggin liberal hack hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Warren Buffett’s hokey tax-hike call--Editorial - NYPOST.com

His company has been fighting the IRS for nearly 10 years on the taxes it owes...the COST of that to the taxpayer must be enormous.

Warren Buffet May Owe A Billion Dollars In Back Taxes - HUMAN EVENTS

What a friggin liberal hack hypocrite.
IOU...rep.

Great find.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:58 AM

146 posts, read 89,194 times
I long ago lost any respect I had for Buffet when I realized he wasn't the great man others said about him, he's just in it for himself like a two-bit dem politician. And this coming out a week or so after the phony let's raise taxes on the rich speech and then getting a phone call from Obama right before he makes a major investment in BOA tells you all you need to know about this puppet master.

Remember that when you call Geico...

Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
I long ago lost any respect I had for Buffet when I realized he wasn't the great man others said about him, he's just in it for himself like a two-bit dem politician. And this coming out a week or so after the phony let's raise taxes on the rich speech and then getting a phone call from Obama right before he makes a major investment in BOA tells you all you need to know about this puppet master.

Remember that when you call Geico...
Yeah, that BofA inflow of cash was mighty suspicious.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
I'm not surprised. Any business defender of Obama is looking for a little crony capitalism from him.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM

545 posts, read 400,271 times
it doesn't matter....while the media was gushing and fawning over Buffet's recent statement you can be assured they are going to be silent on this.....

to the op of this thread....I have said this before, but the reason Buffet and others like him make statement like "tax me more" is because its just good business and politics....why?...think about it....well, for some odd reason wealth envy and just out right hatred along with many others who are doing the hardest to take from you because, well you're evil and lucky seem to be very popular so be the second wealthiest man on the planet, you have a pretty large target on your back....so what do you do?...you deflect...but how?...by appeasing the masses...

so you go of course, raise my taxes because I am "cuddled"...and all those who want to tax the oblivion out of the wealthy fall over themselves that a wealthy fat cat is giving them credit....so why does this work even though buffet made his entire fortune by funneling his money in low to no tax venues, wait now after he has made his billions and free to pay as much tax as he want right now?...because for the left, lip service is good enough....

Of course he doesn't mind higher taxes, he plans on not paying them..taxes are only applied on gains realized and Buffet is the type to hold onto investments for decades so of course the tax rate doesn't matter to people like him.....of course any new tax won't affect him he already have his money.. , I mean why now?...why not 20 years ago?...or when he was just making 6 figures?..he waits until after he got his billions, after decades of avoiding taxes to now demanding them?....why didn't he demand them when he was till amassing his wealth?....because by now, it doesn't matter...he got his...you can raise the tax rates to 100%, what do he care?

so given these things and how the "intellectuals" of the left can be manipulate with mere lip service..and lead around like sheep...wouldn't you do the same thing?...you appease them, get them off you back and hell, they would even defend you, despite the glaring hypocrisy....

you get to make as much money as you want without the rabid class hatred...look at this story...how often do liberals rip into Companies and CEOs for not paying their "fair share"?....now, liberals are defending and deflecting this (what I saw on Huffpo), a company with nearly a decade of back taxes, because its their saint Buffet when any other company or CEO would have been demonize nonstop..(hypocrisy and liberals, it doesn't even phase me anymore) .and for what?...did he actually cut a billion dollars for the taxes he always whining about?....nope, he just paid lip service and it was enough....he gets to be treated like a saint and when stories like this surface, it gets buried as to not hurt his "image".....a simple "raise my taxes" talking point bought him all that without him actually having to give up his wealth or do anything.....wouldn't you do the same?

so I have kinda let go the "Tax me more" Buffet and other people like him because I sorta get it now...He isn't alone, many, many others do the same....and whenever they are caught not practicing what they preach, the liberals just don't seem to care...for they are on their "team"

when Capitalism: A love Story was having its opening weekend...I asked one liberal "how can Moore hate Capitalism when he is the quintessential person of capitalism?"..."well, Moore needs to work within the system to take it down"...."how the hell does him amassing millions, further perpetuating capitalism itself help him take it down?"..."well, if you are looking for spiritual purity you are not going to find it"....I sh*t you not, I swear to the heavens that is what he told me....
(the wacky odd thinking among the left is becoming more disturbing everyday)

this goes for just about any limousine liberal, the left would defend them no matter how disingenuous and hypocritical they are...

so you cry for "higher taxes" and champion other liberal ideals while doing everything different in private, even making more money from it, all the while having the populist rage deflected from you, gaining good will in the process, wouldn't you do the same?

besides, the only ones he was fooling was the left, and that's not hard to do......

Last edited by EricGold; 09-04-2011 at 10:40 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 04:31 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
There's them that makes the rules and....the rest of us a**holes.

If you read the fine print in the Hope 'n Change contract, that wasn't part of the Change.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Wonder where the liberals are in this thread?

Old 09-05-2011, 04:54 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wonder where the liberals are in this thread?
Rasing money to pay off Buffet's tax bill?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:41 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
I heard about this the other day. Why doesn't he just PAY so what if it is over what he owes he can pay more by his own admission he is not paying enough anyways! Or in this case Not At All.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies