Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
A little off topic, but one of the things that infuriates me about my local post office (I'm sure its the same at others) is the length of my receipts. Any purchase that is of one SINGLE item, so one stamp even results in a sales receipt that is about 12" long, one of the most wasteful things I've ever seen. Not very green, and certainly not very cost effective.
Yes, I make a point of doing all my PO business at our little PO.

However, I think it is their handle at the end of the day that counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
In the 40's, 50's , 60's CEOs made 30-40% of what the average American made and the economy was good.
Now they make 500-600% of what Americans make. Executive pay keeps rising (23%) even during tough economic times.
Repugs, whose ONLY god is The Wealthy, think that is perfectly sustainable....but think their neighbor, whom they call a "cancer", should be ground down to nothing because paying average Americans a living wage is not sustainable to them.

Again, the Repugs are so stupid and brainwashed by their masters that they cannot see that the middle class is the largest class and when their neighbor loses their job, no matter how much the Repug loves that, it doesn't help their economy....it affects them , too and doesn't help the economy....but they never could think past the latest bumper sticker...

Old 09-05-2011, 11:32 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
I prefer bankruptcy and reorganization.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Well, for those who don't like the USPS, it's not like there aren't plenty of "alternatives".... like UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:33 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Not too long ago in the Midwest I had occasion to have some dealings with the HR staff of the local main post office. Surprisingly I discovered that their management team all drove USPS owned BMV sedans. The good times seems to roll on for some members of the post office.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Again, the Repugs are so stupid and brainwashed by their masters that they cannot see that the middle class is the largest class and when their neighbor loses their job, no matter how much the Repug loves that, it doesn't help their economy....it affects them , too and doesn't help the economy....but they never could think past the latest bumper sticker...
How many times must you be told - the unions no longer represent the middle class - they are sucking the middle class dry (you know, the taxpayers) with their greedy, lavish, outrageous salary, benefits, pensions and overall union contracts.

Who in the private sector, you know, the middle class taxpayer's, have it as good as the public sector unions?

Old 09-05-2011, 12:40 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Hopefully they can figure out a better system than all of the junk mail that I get every day. It makes it difficult to find the bills that I need to pay when they're buried beneath a mountain of drugstore ads.
the first class mail should be on top......if it isn't you need to ask your carrier why it isn't...

Old 09-05-2011, 12:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
the first class mail should be on top......if it isn't you need to ask your carrier why it isn't...
I requested first class mail only....

That works great.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:06 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Not too long ago in the Midwest I had occasion to have some dealings with the HR staff of the local main post office. Surprisingly I discovered that their management team all drove USPS owned BMV sedans. The good times seems to roll on for some members of the post office.
Really? Wow! My husband was management in the Midwest and he drove a Honda Civic. No such thing! And What's a BMV sedan?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I requested first class mail only....

That works great.
and now they have even less work to do! plus that ad stuff (junk mail) employees a lot of people from graphic designers to printers and the places that address all of that junk mail...even the truck drivers that deliver it to the post office...

you alone have just put about 10 people out of work!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies