Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 08:38 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

The child's family had lost their medicaid.
Alyce Driver was a dope and an irresponsible parent prior to losing the family's Medicaid coverage. Her losing their coverage was a mere continuation of her neglect of her children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,342 times
what a bunch of heartless bunch of people you are that feel he chose the wrong prescription - i have been unemployed since my employer went bankrupt 2 years ago - i dont have health or dental insurance - i have carpal tunnel in both hands but could only afford surgery on one hand - also i had 2 dental problems but told him to fix only 1 as i was short on cash - he did both anyway and as i went to pay for my visit the receptionist told me the visit was no charge - thank goodness for dentists and doctors like him -

Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Why wasn;t he on mediciad if he truely copuld afforsd the medication. He obvious could affor the pain killers. I thnik perhaps there is more to this story and his lie story than he couldn't afford the meds.There maybe more reason he didn't return tot eh emgergecy rooms and what dostors actually told him .
Pain meds are dirt cheap - he probably could have gotten a partial prescription for about $5. As for not being on Medicaid - maybe he didn't know about it, or maybe he didn't qualify, or maybe it will take a few more weeks to process his application.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the moral of the story is that when we're faced with choices, we should make the right ones. Maybe the guy was addicted to pain medicines.

Also someone only 24 having to have all his teeth removed must not have brushed them ever but also ate too much sugary foods. And if he doesn't have money to buy antibiotics, I wonder why he's choosing to have children. It doesn't sound like he's going to be much of a provider for his kids.
Medicines also can rot out your teeth. Maybe he was sick when he was a child.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Newsflash:

Even people with insurance have to usually pay out of pocket for doctor visits and prescriptions.
None that I have ever had. I have had to pay a copay but that is it.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Provided to him by whom? Whose going to pay for it? Also not sure Brazil is classified as third world these days.
Though its economy has grown and is booming, and the standard of living has improved greatly, too many Brazilians live a third world existence for it to yet lose that designation.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the moral of the story is that when we're faced with choices, we should make the right ones. Maybe the guy was addicted to pain medicines.

Also someone only 24 having to have all his teeth removed must not have brushed them ever but also ate too much sugary foods. And if he doesn't have money to buy antibiotics, I wonder why he's choosing to have children. It doesn't sound like he's going to be much of a provider for his kids.
Heart warming....really.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes. Apparently you are not familiar with the behavior of patients with no insurance or those on public aid. They use the ER like a walk in clinic, as they do not have to pay anything for the more expensive level of service. Most patients with insurance, who would have a co-pay, would have seen thier primary care doctor or a walk in clinic.
or sometimes you don't have the $150 to walk into the doctors office but for ER you can get billed. BTDT I don't know where you get the people don't have to pay for the ER. I have always received a bill within one week and if you don't pay it goes to a collection agency and if you don't pay they sue it. That, you consider free?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
In the wealthiest country in this world, you SHOULD find it sickening that people can not afford insurance and it is now a luxury.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:34 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Heart warming....really.
one who uses their heart and not their brain is no different than an animal, thankfully humans have the capacity to reason above that of emotional instincts. Why you should thank those humans every day for the lifestyle you have and the comforts you enjoy as if they all thought as you imply, well... we would still be chasing animals with clubs and eating raw flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies