Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:51 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
See, told ya.
I'm glad I was able to put it in context for ya, more importantly
for the readers of this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
White House Declines To Comment On Union Leader’s Anti-Tea Party Rhetoric At Labor Day Rally - ABC News

So the man who called for a "new civility" and a "new tone" looks the other way when his supporters call for violence.

Shocker.
Did you pose the same question to the republican leadership regarding the teabaggers and the disrespect that they have given the president?

How long can you constantly expect this man to keep getting his spine snapped cord by cord and he not say anything in retaliation? Truthfully, I'm wondering the same thing.

I think that many of you feel that he cannot defend himself in anyway if a white person talks/treats him in any manner. This is as much as it is his fault as well as his handlers. Modern day castration of another blackman in power

Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why should we post links and

a. Get into some p****** contest?
b. Have the RW say regarding each and every one: "Oh, that's different"!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Then I should NEVER here you ask for another link from anyone....and just take their word for it...........

Old 09-07-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Please link to the video where you allege Obama said that.
Please see post #83. Links are not needed

Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Where did you tell us you would twist and lie in an attempt to prove a point? I may have missed it.
Then please tell us how you twisted this quote:

Quote:

"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.”
GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann was the first to sign the pledge Friday followed closely by fellow candidate Rick Santorum.
Into Black kids are better off being sold like property....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Are you serious? Are you going to continue down this path and stick with the notion Black kids are better off being sold like property? I'm done with this discussion with you. Moving on.
Pot meet kettle....

Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please see post #83. Links are not needed
Please see post #88.....TRANSCRIPT.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then please tell us how you twisted this quote:

Into Black kids are better off being sold like property....

Pot meet kettle....
Well, for one thing, the quoted statement
Quote:
Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.”
is in fact untrue, and shows just how ignorant Michele Bachmann is about US history. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how slavery was played out in the US knows that black men and women were generally not allowed to live together as husband and wife, raising a family.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Well, for one thing, the quoted statement is in fact untrue, and shows just how ignorant Michele Bachmann is about US history. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how slavery was played out in the US knows that black men and women were generally not allowed to live together as husband and wife, raising a family.
Somebody here musta watched 'Roots'.....

Old 09-07-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Well, for one thing, the quoted statement is in fact untrue, and shows just how ignorant Michele Bachmann is about US history. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how slavery was played out in the US knows that black men and women were generally not allowed to live together as husband and wife, raising a family.
So you have just proven Blank and Proud wrong in quoting someone, thank you very much for proving my point!! A leftist twist....

Old 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Please see post #88.....TRANSCRIPT.
Nope, Kat said links don't mean anything...why should I read a link you provided when your just going to twist it anyway...

Quote:
Why should we post links and

a. Get into some p****** contest?
b. Have the RW say regarding each and every one: "Oh, that's different"!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
Just change RW to LW....and there you have it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies