Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:47 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Tea Party as a Cargo Cult | Psychology Today

The corrupt powers that be have manipulated and seduced an ill informed and weak minded bunch of ignorant people to believe that bowing down to corporate entities, Voodoo Economics and Wall Street thievery will actually improve their lives and recapture the good old days. They are too stupid to understand how they are feeding the beast and actually hurting this nation beyond repair.
Have you ever stopped and looked at how many BIG business companies contribute immensely to the D-cat left? How many CEOs are Dcats, Immelt, Buffet, and just about all Hollywierd companies fit the bill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
You obviously know zero about the tea party...Try going to a meeting and see what it's really about, because your comment couldn't be farther from the truth of what they stand for. They want nothing to do with the corporate world or Gov. They want the people to run this country, which is how it was supposed to be in the first place. Seriously, become educated if you're going to make comments.. you won't look so stupid
Here we have a statement that is so very typical. One of the reasons that I would just hate to fall into the hands of the American justice system. To millions and millions of Americans evidence means nothing at all.
I really believe what the poster says about the followers of the Tea Party movement. They actually believe what the poster states they believe. That is what I mean about belief vs. evidence. There is enough evidence to sink an aircraft carrier that the tea party is nothing more than an extreme right wing movement that wants to take the country backwards a hundred years. Now, I'm very sure that these supporters do not know the history of what life was like in the USA in the Guilded age. A time of extreme class division. A time of the ruling of the nation by the rich and for the rich.

This is nothing more than a regressive, reactionary, nationalistic, narrow narrow narrow movement.

The fact that the leaders of this movement are who they are should disqualify them from the support of regular folks but these folks don't seem to have either the intellect the discernment or the education needed to be able to truely see who these throwbacks are. Supporting the tea party for the average Joe is the closest thing I have ever seen to, "Cutting your nose off to spite your face". I truely understand the regular folks frustration with the status quo and their desire to change things in the country. The tea party understands this also and mines it for all it's worth. The problem is that the tea parties solution is in no way an answer to the bad state of things in the country. It is though an answer for the 1% who would like to go back to a time when America was just like the Mexico of today.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM

1,019 posts, read 589,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Tea Party as a Cargo Cult | Psychology Today

The corrupt powers that be have manipulated and seduced an ill informed and weak minded bunch of ignorant people to believe that bowing down to corporate entities, Voodoo Economics and Wall Street thievery will actually improve their lives and recapture the good old days. They are too stupid to understand how they are feeding the beast and actually hurting this nation beyond repair.
Your post is in desperate need of help. Do they make couches for OPs.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM

75 posts, read 60,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
That is what I mean about belief vs. evidence. There is enough evidence to sink an aircraft carrier that the tea party is nothing more than an extreme right wing movement that wants to take the country backwards a hundred years. Now, I'm very sure that these supporters do not know the history of what life was like in the USA in the Guilded age. A time of extreme class division. A time of the ruling of the nation by the rich and for the rich.
That statement is blatantly untrue. Can you name even one thing they have done or said that supports your ridiculous statement?

Quote:
This is nothing more than a regressive, reactionary, nationalistic, narrow narrow narrow movement.
You must be talking about liberals with that statement.

Quote:
The fact that the leaders of this movement are who they are should disqualify them from the support of regular folks but these folks don't seem to have either the intellect the discernment or the education needed to be able to truely see who these throwbacks are. Supporting the tea party for the average Joe is the closest thing I have ever seen to, "Cutting your nose off to spite your face". I truely understand the regular folks frustration with the status quo and their desire to change things in the country. The tea party understands this also and mines it for all it's worth. The problem is that the tea parties solution is in no way an answer to the bad state of things in the country. It is though an answer for the 1% who would like to go back to a time when America was just like the Mexico of today.
What exactly are these "tea party solutions" that you rally against?
Theres a lot of BS being spewed about something you obviously know NOTHING about. All your doing is parroting what the MSM says.
Talk about a lack of intellectual discernment or education.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Says Who? View Post
That statement is blatantly untrue. Can you name even one thing they have done or said that supports your ridiculous statement?

You must be talking about liberals with that statement.

What exactly are these "tea party solutions" that you rally against?
Theres a lot of BS being spewed about something you obviously know NOTHING about. All your doing is parroting what the MSM says.
Talk about a lack of intellectual discernment or education.
My statements are absolutely true. I'm not as you accuse me of,"parroting what the MSM says" in any way. I get my infromation right from the horses mouths by watching and listening what they say, usually on Fox news.

Can I name ONE thing they have said or done????? I can name dozens of things. Their attacks on all social programmes, medicare, medicade, social security, you name it and they are opposed to it, period. At the same time these hippocrites have their noses deep in any trough they can take advantage of. But but but, they are intitled you see.
They are at war with organized labour. The movement that was almost solely responsible for giving American workers decent wages.

They oppose almost all government regulations, you know those troublesome little laws that keep our food and water safe, keep out transportation systems safe and keep corporate America from running roughshod over the entire country.

That's the way it was in the guilded age. Read some history and learn about the struggles in the USA to even up the playing field just a little bit. You know that back then there were actually progressive conservatives. Theodore Roosevelt was the greatest of them all. He realized full well that if the corporate interests were not regulated there would be chaos of the first degree in the future. Not only would the environment be completely destroyed by greed inc but the future political stability of the nation was at stake. The USA is complacent about their people not revolting when they get screwed over by the establishment. Just keep chiping away at the gains made aver the last hundred years or so and you might find yourselves in the middle of "The American Spring".

How can you be so blind? How can you be so fooled and hoodwinked by these parasites.
They hate their country so much it's just unbelievable. Take Bachmann for example. She stated on many occasions that she would not vote for the raising of the debt limit, "no matter what". Well, as all the economists will tell you, if the USA had defaulted on their debt, the result would have been just horrendous for the people and the country. The cost of carrying the current debt could have tripled. Millions of people would have lost their jobs overnight, the government of the USA would not have been able to function, {AS if it functions worth a damn anyway}. This position is just ultimate stupidity of the first order and guess what? She is one of the leaders of these idiots.

Wth all of their blustering blunder neither they or the democrats ever talk about the real reasons the USA is in the sad shape it is today.

It does not matter who is in power your entire governmental stucture is corrupt to the core. From local to state to the feds. This fact has a ripple effect through everything in the country. The justice system is a shambles and unfair because of political interference and corruption. Everyone from the police to the courts to the judges are either on the take or owe favours because of political reasons.
Your country has ceased to be a country that is under the rule of law and that is a huge problem.

The USA buys way way more than they sell. The countries balance of trade is horrible. There is no two ways about it. The standard of living will continue to fall until something is done about your trade deficit. Have you ever heard a tea partier talk about the trade problems??? Of course not. They want to pin the blame of American failure on the poor the disadvantaged, the old and the sick.

Americans like to think they are so patriotic and yet 80% of everything they buy is made somewhere else. In Germany it's exactly the opposite. Over 80% of everything sold in Germany is made in Germany. They can buy imports for less money if they want but guess what. Germans actually do love their country and they will spend more money to insure that Germans are employed instead of supporting the industrialization of China and all the other third world suppliers to the USA.

It hurts the USA that you don't have a responsible media. You can not believe anything you hear or read that comes from the media. Because of that Americans are misinformed on just about everything and are so easily led by the nose down the garden path. It's nuts that it's allowed to be.
In |Canada if you lie on the TV you lose your broadcast license. It's just that frigging simple. WE have standards for the media and they have to be met or else.

The recent decision by the supreme court to allow unlimited money into the political process just shows how far the political process has fallen in the country. That decision does more to destroy democracy than any other decision I have ever known except the Dred Scott decision. That's the picture of American democracy. A whole class of political whores bought and paid for and controlled by the pimps, the money men.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
To me the TEA party is the opposite. They WON'T keep bowing down to big government who wants to spend the countries money like drunken sailors.

I can see how those who are receiving those goodies don't want it to stop and they are throwing tantrums like small children that see their toys being taken away. They even call names and accuse people of not caring about them.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You must be describing Obama here. He has done everything you just wrote. How does it feel to support the very thing you hate so much?
No you must be wrong because these are not the Liberal talking points
This is not what they are being told to think or feel.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
To me the TEA party is the opposite. They WON'T keep bowing down to big government who wants to spend the countries money like drunken sailors.

I can see how those who are receiving those goodies don't want it to stop and they are throwing tantrums like small children that see their toys being taken away. They even call names and accuse people of not caring about them.
They don't have time to bow to "big government" due to the fact that they most of their time bowing to big business and lobbyists.

Tea Party Pols Embrace a Washington Tradition
Businesses Open Their Wallets

Corporate donations to Tea Party Republicans began shortly after the Nov. 2 election
Tea Party Pols Embrace a Washington Tradition - BusinessWeek

Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM

75 posts, read 60,203 times
Quote:
My statements are absolutely true. I'm not as you accuse me of,"parroting what the MSM says" in any way. I get my infromation right from the horses mouths by watching and listening what they say, usually on Fox news.
sounds more like you get you info from what the MSM says Fox news says.

Quote:
Can I name ONE thing they have said or done????? I can name dozens of things. Their attacks on all social programmes, medicare, medicade, social security, you name it and they are opposed to it, period.
This is all according to the MSM. None of that is true. They may want reforms to stop all the fraud and waste but thats about it.

Quote:
At the same time these hippocrites have their noses deep in any trough they can take advantage of. But but but, they are intitled you see.
WTF are you talking about. I'd like to see you try to substantiate this ridiculous claim.

Quote:
They are at war with organized labour. The movement that was almost solely responsible for giving American workers decent wages.
Organized labor declared war, not the tea party.
The tea party is against the organized crime part of organized labor.

Quote:
They oppose almost all government regulations, you know those troublesome little laws that keep our food and water safe, keep out transportation systems safe and keep corporate America from running roughshod over the entire country.
Another MSM talking point that is utterly and entirely untrue.

Quote:
That's the way it was in the guilded age. Read some history and learn about the struggles in the USA to even up the playing field just a little bit. You know that back then there were actually progressive conservatives. Theodore Roosevelt was the greatest of them all. He realized full well that if the corporate interests were not regulated there would be chaos of the first degree in the future. Not only would the environment be completely destroyed by greed inc but the future political stability of the nation was at stake. The USA is complacent about their people not revolting when they get screwed over by the establishment. Just keep chiping away at the gains made aver the last hundred years or so and you might find yourselves in the middle of "The American Spring".
Again WTF are you talking about. My butt itches. What does that have to do with the tea party?

Quote:
How can you be so blind? How can you be so fooled and hoodwinked by these parasites.
Your the one repeating everything the MSM says. Not me.

Quote:
They hate their country so much it's just unbelievable.
Really? are you kidding me!? Nothing could be further from the truth. Its pretty much impossible to say anything dumber than that.

Quote:
Take Bachmann for example. She stated on many occasions that she would not vote for the raising of the debt limit, "no matter what". Well, as all the economists will tell you, if the USA had defaulted on their debt, the result would have been just horrendous for the people and the country. The cost of carrying the current debt could have tripled. Millions of people would have lost their jobs overnight, the government of the USA would not have been able to function, {AS if it functions worth a damn anyway}. This position is just ultimate stupidity of the first order and guess what? She is one of the leaders of these idiots.
Bachman is not a tea party leader, shes a member.

Most of what you say is untrue and not based in reality. Raising the debt ceiling was a bad idea all the way around. Contrary to what theMSM tells you to say MOST economists agreed that it would solve nothing.

Quote:
Wth all of their blustering blunder neither they or the democrats ever talk about the real reasons the USA is in the sad shape it is today.
Again. Not true. They will tell you exactly the reasons.

Quote:
It does not matter who is in power your entire governmental stucture is corrupt to the core. From local to state to the feds. This fact has a ripple effect through everything in the country. The justice system is a shambles and unfair because of political interference and corruption. Everyone from the police to the courts to the judges are either on the take or owe favours because of political reasons.
Your country has ceased to be a country that is under the rule of law and that is a huge problem.

The USA buys way way more than they sell. The countries balance of trade is horrible. There is no two ways about it. The standard of living will continue to fall until something is done about your trade deficit.
So now you agree with the tea party?
Quote:
Have you ever heard a tea partier talk about the trade problems??? Of course not.
Uh yes.
Maybe you should stop reading headlines and find out what they actually believe.

Quote:
They want to pin the blame of American failure on the poor the disadvantaged, the old and the sick.
another unsubstantiated ridiculous untrue statement.

Quote:
Americans like to think they are so patriotic and yet 80% of everything they buy is made somewhere else. In Germany it's exactly the opposite. Over 80% of everything sold in Germany is made in Germany. They can buy imports for less money if they want but guess what. Germans actually do love their country and they will spend more money to insure that Germans are employed instead of supporting the industrialization of China and all the other third world suppliers to the USA.
So you have an issue with unions driving the cost of labor up so high that we can't compete on the global market.
Sounds like you might be a tea party member.

Quote:
It hurts the USA that you don't have a responsible media. You can not believe anything you hear or read that comes from the media. Because of that Americans are misinformed on just about everything and are so easily led by the nose down the garden path. It's nuts that it's allowed to be.
In |Canada if you lie on the TV you lose your broadcast license. It's just that frigging simple. WE have standards for the media and they have to be met or else.

The recent decision by the supreme court to allow unlimited money into the political process just shows how far the political process has fallen in the country. That decision does more to destroy democracy than any other decision I have ever known except the Dred Scott decision. That's the picture of American democracy. A whole class of political whores bought and paid for and controlled by the pimps, the money men.
What does that have to do with the tea party? Now your talking about liberals.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:43 AM

1,019 posts, read 589,784 times
Quote:
I don't think of the GOP as a cargo cult but I sure think of them as a narcissism CULT.
Stop thinking! YOu are damaging your reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies