Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Alfred Hitchcock did not call SF the "American Paris" for nothing.
Its one of my favorite cities in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Trust me, we're even happier when Texans don't come here. I'm wondering if we could somehow encourage the rightwingers here to leave for perfectly good, low cost conservative states. Maybe we could directly subsidize their moves? Or maybe just offer them a coupon for a free six-pack of Busch beer, or whatever they drink down there.
You guys can't even afford to pay your own bills, as my grandfather used to say... overall as a state "you don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of." Conservatives aren't the problem in CA, liberal morons are the problem in California but *******s love to blame their own created problems on other people so why not blame conservatives?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:34 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
It's 9/11 eve and time to stop fighting each other with this war of words against a " make believe crumbling Blue California'.....I Wish That All Of You Folks That Think That California is Crumbling Would Hold Your Breathe Until It Really Does Crumble....LOL sorry let's be more civil shall we...

Old 09-10-2011, 07:46 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You guys can't even afford to pay your own bills, as my grandfather used to say... overall as a state "you don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of." Conservatives aren't the problem in CA, liberal morons are the problem in California but *******s love to blame their own created problems on other people so why not blame conservatives?
I think we've been over this nonsense ...... which is the powerhouse of the US economy, CA or your state? We don't blame our problems on you, chances are we don't even know you exist because of your insignificance. We're so "*******" that we created a state that everyone around the world knows and respects. Do they hold your own state in such admiration?

And why is it that you're gloating over every little fall in our economy? We don't do that to you, even when we do notice your existence.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Somehow I don't see a big influx of Texans moving to California, and if Arnold is as close as you can come to the right, then it won't hurt anyones feelings if you keep them there.
When the job situation changes to where California has more jobs, as it often has in past (which is where we got our Okies who are about the same as Texans), then people from your area will emigrate to here. But I'm perfectly happy with Californians moving to Texas or anywhere, as long as they are Tea Potty types.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:08 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,170 times
Quote:
I think we've been over this nonsense ...... which is the powerhouse of the US economy, CA or your state? We don't blame our problems on you, chances are we don't even know you exist because of your insignificance. We're so "*******" that we created a state that everyone around the world knows and respects. Do they hold your own state in such admiration?

And why is it that you're gloating over every little fall in our economy? We don't do that to you, even when we do notice your existence.
If California was a true powerhouse it wouldn't be broke. This has nothing to do with a "little fall" in your economy, this about you being so deep in debt that you'll never realistically get out because the people in charge of your state continue to create more liberal policies that just put CA deeper in debt. The weight of millions of illegals is crushing CA more and more every day, the people you elect welcome them in and offer them a roof, food and a college education on your dime.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:45 PM

It's the business owners who let them in ..... yeah, the big time conservatives (not the little rank and file like you). They want workers who don't need safety rules, 40 hrs, vacation time, and especially not health care, which they want the workers to get for free at the ER. Corporate owners don't want to pay any of the taxes associated with hiring Americans legally.

And the rich people who want a cheap maid or gardener. Didn't know that the upper elite of the Republican party were the ones stabbing you in the back, did you?

Didn't you notice Bush 2 start to shuck and jive whenever anyone asked him about doing anything realistic to stop illegal immigration? Didn't you notice it's continuing in your state?

We're having a prolonged but temporary downfall. If we crash on the statewide services, then there will still be a California. Be careful what you wish for, though ...... if the US falls in a domino effect from CA falling, what happens to your state sure won't be pretty. Maybe worse than in our state. We at least have some sense of community and compassion, working together to help each other get out of quicksand ....... your part of the country is all about survival of the fittest, which generally will probably play out to a few heavily armed farmers watching everyone else starve to death and gloating about how everyone else wasn't prepared and once had an "entitlement mentality". "HA HA HA, I'll bet they wished they hadn't screwed up on seeing this coming! They should have bought a farm and prepared! HAHAHA, look at them, they're so thin you can see all their bones! And the kids have vultures following them around!"

Surprisingly, parts of the world that end up as conservative/libertarian paradises (for example some African and South American nations) generally turn out to have miserable lives for everyone, while countries that have learned to work together after disasters (such as Europe or Australia) are among the wealthiest and generally happiest nations in the world.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Sure, but our lettuce and carrots are much better.
If one enjoys E. coli and salmonella.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
It's the business owners who let them in ..... yeah, the big time conservatives (not the little rank and file like you). They want workers who don't need safety rules, 40 hrs, vacation time, and especially not health care, which they want the workers to get for free at the ER. Corporate owners don't want to pay any of the taxes associated with hiring Americans legally.

And the rich people who want a cheap maid or gardener. Didn't know that the upper elite of the Republican party were the ones stabbing you in the back, did you?

Didn't you notice Bush 2 start to shuck and jive whenever anyone asked him about doing anything realistic to stop illegal immigration? Didn't you notice it's continuing in your state?

We're having a prolonged but temporary downfall. If we crash on the statewide services, then there will still be a California. Be careful what you wish for, though ...... if the US falls in a domino effect from CA falling, what happens to your state sure won't be pretty. Maybe worse than in our state. We at least have some sense of community and compassion, working together to help each other get out of quicksand ....... your part of the country is all about survival of the fittest, which generally will probably play out to a few heavily armed farmers watching everyone else starve to death and gloating about how everyone else wasn't prepared and once had an "entitlement mentality". "HA HA HA, I'll bet they wished they hadn't screwed up on seeing this coming! They should have bought a farm and prepared! HAHAHA, look at them, they're so thin you can see all their bones! And the kids have vultures following them around!"

Surprisingly, parts of the world that end up as conservative/libertarian paradises (for example some African and South American nations) generally turn out to have miserable lives for everyone, while countries that have learned to work together after disasters (such as Europe or Australia) are among the wealthiest and generally happiest nations in the world.
Your "temporary downfall" has been going on for about 20 years that I am aware of. Your infrastructure is crumbling. Your roads and bridges are among the worst in the country. Buisness is leaving because there are more business friendly environments and yet your politicians still strangle business... You support illegal immigration and harbor them, providing all their needs, and still you have no idea why your government is in such peril. You depend on tourism for a great deal of your economy but in the same breath, you dispairage those who come to visit. Jerry "moon beam" Brown will not turn it around and it will continue to fall down around your necks. Please feel free to save this post and make sure to repost it when the "temporary downfall" is over... I may see it again in another 20 years or so.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Sounds like you've been listening to limbaugh and beck propaganda, freightshaker. I've traveled on many roads throughout the USA, and California's are on average the best imo. In fact the amount of money they throw at roads and infrastructure is farsighted, but maybe excessive.

I just addressed the immigration issue above, didn't you read it? Texas and the other southern states sure have no right to wag their forefingers at California about that!

Most Californians don't disparage the tourists anywhere near what people in other states do. I don't hear anyone saying, "If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?" like I've heard and seen on bumper stickers from so many other places? We just don't think like that .... except maybe for the rightwingers here.

Extreme conservative or rightwing politics make me incredibly angry, which is why I'm a bit nastier than some of the other Californians here. I've seen nothing good come of it. I've seen and experienced hate groups, often operating out of fundie churches as if their Satanic philosophies had anything to do with what the Christ taught. Did you know that there are more rightwing hate groups in California than in any other states? Yeah, we have the KKK, racist skinheads, and neo-Nazis here, and I've personally experienced harassment from one of those groups determined to "clean out" hobos, the mentally ill, and liberal people they don't think belong here. We used to have a very cool annual hobo meeting in Dunsmuir, harmless good-natured people who dropped quite a bit of money during their festival, but eventually they were driven away by Sheriff's deputies beating them up and destroying their camps, and "neighborhood watch nazis" following them around and headlighting them wherever they went.

Yeah, I have good reasons to despise rightwing politics and wish all of you would leave this lovely state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies