Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
obtuse much?

Who the hell are you to make such a determination? The arrogance in your comments are astounding. here you are a citizen of another country, tell me, who is a US citizen, who grew up in the state, lived there most of my life, worked, went to school, etc... that my "attitude" is not very compatible with California?

Again, you have no clue of what you are talking about. Typical euro-trash language you push.
It is more than clear after the discussions we have had on various topics...
For instance, California is known for its strict environmental regulations (by US standards anyway) while you don't even believe in the human contribution to climate change etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I refuse to consider any quote completely divorced from context and attributed to an anonymous Czech. Would you please cite the source?
Google is your friend.

This is what popped up nearly immediately.

Quote Translated Into English From Article in Czech Republic’s Prager Zeitung | Colonel6's Blog (http://colonel6.com/2010/07/02/quote-translated-into-english-from-article-in-czech-republics-prager-zeitung/ - broken link)

Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Google is your friend.

This is what popped up nearly immediately.

Quote Translated Into English From Article in Czech Republic’s Prager Zeitung | Colonel6's Blog (http://colonel6.com/2010/07/02/quote-translated-into-english-from-article-in-czech-republics-prager-zeitung/ - broken link)
If a poster is going to include something for discussion that is outside the realm of common knowledge, which would include any quote, he should provide his source.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The people I know living in California are all doing pretty well. I've lived in other states (and countries, for that matter) and I love this state . If you don't like it, you can alway move. More room for me!
+

Your right, most of the people i know have very good jobs, live in great areas, as i do, and would not move for anyone or anybody. HAPPEN TO THINK that Calif is by far so much prettier and nicer then any of your States. Yes i have traveled, and i have been to all but 3 States, so i have been to most every State. They each have good areas, and boy so many bad and the boonies. We have beautiful mountains, ocean, and the vast desert area to get away. This State is so big, from where i live it takes well over 9 hours to get to S.F. this is how big we are. There are areas out here i have never been to, until we visited them, and they are out there by there lonesome selfs, maybe some of you would like that i hate it.
Each State has it's problems, but at some point i do see the State coming back, infact so many illegals who were here have taken the high road out. At least we have garages, and don't have to pay for stupid parking places, that is the dumbest things i have ever heard. I can go on in each State i have been too, there were things i liked and things i hated. But so many of you make it as you live in the best places, while traveling i did not see it that way. And have traveled many times in my lifetime.

The area i live in has a sense of pride. We each are there for each other, no i have traveled and been all over, example. Our neighbor just had surgery. Each of the family's on our Street, made food for this family for aobut 1 month straight. The wife will not have to cook. We are taking the children to School, and picking them up so the wife can be with her husband. Sorry it is not like this in a lot of neighboorhoods, i know i have tons of friends, and they envy my area, and the people and how compassionate we are. Maybe not all areas, but in my area. We watch out for each other, and the children on our Street and in the area, we watch out for the children, because we all realize there are too many whack jobs out there, My kids are grown, but i too watch out for the children, and help pick the kids up. That is a sense of pride and caring for your fellow man. Yeah you will probably all tell me this is how it is in your areas, i know better.

Last edited by california-jewel; 09-07-2011 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
+

Your right, most of the people i know have very good jobs, live in great areas, as i do, and would not move for anyone or anybody. HAPPEN TO THINK that Calif is by far so much prettier and nicer then any of your States. Yes i have traveled, and i have been to all but 3 States, so i have been to most every State. They each have good areas, and boy so many bad and the boonies. We have beautiful mountains, ocean, and the vast desert area to get away. This State is so big, from where i live it takes well over 9 hours to get tp S.F. this is how big we are. There are areas out here i have never been to, until we visited them, and they are out there by there lonesome selfs, maybe some of you would like that i hate it.
Each State has it's problems, but at some point i do see the State coming back, infact so many illegals who were here have taken the high road out. At least we have garages, and don't have to pay for stupid parking places, that is the dumbest things i have ever heard. I can go on in each State i have been too, there were things i liked and things i hated. But so many of you make it as you live in the best places, while traveling i did not see it that way. And have traveled many times in my lifetime.
My spouse and I are military brats. Between us, we've lived in seventeen states and three different countries. Both of us love California in all its glorious imperfection and believe the rumor of its demise is a bit premature.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
My spouse and I are military brats. Between us, we've lived in seventeen states and three different countries. Both of us love California in all its glorious imperfection and believe the rumor of its demise is a bit premature.
Us too we have been all over as well as Europe and some of Asia.

I did like Texas, maybe because it was big too. Not all parts but some. I can't see paying so much money for a place, that does not even come with a garage, a lot of the E.C. is like this i know for fact. The States were you have to pay for parking spaces, is just retarded to me, that is stupid. Yes i have been all over, and things i liked about some States and things i hated. What States did you like.

We live in San Clemente and it is a very beautiful area, i mean it, very beautiful, like a resort town. People are so nice, at least where i live.

Interested in knowing what States you like. There are others i like will keep it to myself.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Listen stop the black bashing ok. You are just as black as any of us. What is your problem with blacks in America?
I have had not one problem with blacks while taveling across this Country. INFACT we have met some really fine positive black people who had the most interesting stories. Not going to lie some of the black people we have met were nicer then so many white's who had for some reason a stick up their rear. People are people no matter where they live, you have decent good hard working law abiding people, and you have trash, sorry that is how it is. I love people from the South and their Southern Hospitality, luv it.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:29 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is more than clear after the discussions we have had on various topics...
For instance, California is known for its strict environmental regulations (by US standards anyway) while you don't even believe in the human contribution to climate change etc.
Oh I do not?

See, this is how obtuse you are. First, I believe we contribute, I just don't think it is significant to the claims made. You would know this if you have discussed with me, but you don't discuss, you dictate your ideology and summarize your straw mans.

Second, I grew up with friends whose parents worked with the forestry service and fish and game. I spent many days of my youth volunteering in such programs they had, planting trees, working to keep the environment safe. I spent DAYS collecting trash and repairing damage from the various people who frequented nature (many of them so claimed environmentalists who took it upon themselves to implement changes in nature which were completely stupid and caused massive problems, killing wildlife and endangering the surroundings).

There are numerous regulations and government involvement to which have wreaked havoc on California's environment and many of them were due to pompous arse arrogant twits who thought they knew about environment, but were too busy attending meetings talking about how much good they feel and do to realize the damage they were doing. (This is the nature of many of the stupid regulations and laws imposed here)

So it is easy for some foreigner who has absolutely no experience with the state to make such stupid claims based on their daily environmental wacko readings through their propaganda intake and not have a frigging clue about the issues.

Seriously, stop why you are ahead, you are embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by Nomander; 09-07-2011 at 01:38 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: The Golden State Is Crumbling | Newgeography.com

Can't say I'm surprised. This is what happens when you give unbridled power to the left. And yes, Schwarzenegger was a leftist despite the (R) after his name.
California is still the greatest state in these United States of America , and if it was a Country would be the 8Th Ranked country in Wealth...go figues will you....

Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I believe this. My company shut down a plant in CA and moved it out of the state
My brother and his partner moved their multi-million dollar furniture manufacturing business out of California several years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies