Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times

Advertisements

"Heterosexuality is not natural, it's just common."

Well that is certainly wrong. Heterosexuality is natural and it is common because it is natural. Look at the male and female bodies. They are made for each other and that is natural. Not female on female or male on male that is not at all natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I've seen it. I've seen spider monkeys do things to each other that the TOS prevents me from accurately describing.

It's been documented among the famous Titus tribe of mountain gorillas in Rwanda (the same group Diane Fosse followed for years). When they were left for a time with no females in the group, homosexual activity flourished and was directly observed. When females joined the group later, it diminished to an insignificant rate.

At any rate, the fact that you personally haven't observed doesn't mean it isn't true. It's a documented, scientific fact - particularly among primates.

I hate to keep trotting out this quote in every ridiculous thread we have on this sordid topic, but once again, Dorothy Parker hits the nail on the head:

I think there is a lot to say about the uncommonness of homosexuality among humans that makes it so offensive to people. Left-handed people used to be considered possessed by demons. If homosexuality were more prevalent in most peoples' every day lives, I don't think most people would bat an eye. I think it's merely that in a society historically dominated by men and masculinity and the sexual use of women for whatever they want, we are conditioned to take a step back and pause when we see 2 men together.

Unless you live in places like San Francisco or New York, it's rare for most US citizens to see 2 men kissing or holding hands. So it's viewed as abnormal, unnatural, deviant when they hear about it.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I could care less what anyone does in their bedroom (just keep it there, please), but I wonder why it's any of the federal governments business who gets "married"?

And why do people need a government to validate their relationship?
Now that is sad.
Can't be repeated often enough.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:01 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post

Well that is certainly wrong. Heterosexuality is natural and it is common because it is natural.

I see you are amusingly unfamiliar with the rules of logic.

Quote:
Look at the male and female bodies. They are made for each other and that is natural. Not female on female or male on male that is not at all natural.
Since it occurs - with some frequency - in nature, it is therefore natural.

It's just not common, as Ms. Parker observed.

There have also been times and places in human history (and still are, in some parts of the world) where it was viewed as a normal part of the human experience.

It's only a problem when ignorant bigots make it into a problem.

Let me ask a more direct question. Why do you even CARE what consenting adults do with their sexual and other organs? Why do you think it is any of your business?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I think there is a lot to say about the uncommonness of homosexuality among humans that makes it so offensive to people. Left-handed people used to be considered possessed by demons. If homosexuality were more prevalent in most peoples' every day lives, I don't think most people would bat an eye. I think it's merely that in a society historically dominated by men and masculinity and the sexual use of women for whatever they want, we are conditioned to take a step back and pause when we see 2 men together.

Unless you live in places like San Francisco or New York, it's rare for most US citizens to see 2 men kissing or holding hands. So it's viewed as abnormal, unnatural, deviant when they hear about it.
Honestly, seeing two guys being physically intimate used to freak me out quite a bit (two girls, not so much).

Now I just chuckle - not at them, but at the people I know would be freaked out by seeing it.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I see you are amusingly unfamiliar with the rules of logic.

Since it occurs - with some frequency - in nature, it is therefore natural.

It's just not common, as Ms. Parker observed.

There have also been times and places in human history (and still are, in some parts of the world) where it was viewed as a normal part of the human experience.

It's only a problem when ignorant bigots make it into a problem.

Let me ask a more direct question. Why do you even CARE what consenting adults do with their sexual and other organs? Why do you think it is any of your business?
I don't give a damn what you or anyone else does with their bodies. I am just saying that homosexuals try to make people think that homosexual sex is normal. It is in no way normal. People are more accepting of it because it seems it is not going away. I could care less what you do but don't try to convince me that it is normal.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Depending on what's being discussed, I think it's an important issue to bring up among kids, since younger and younger kids are dealing with it. Anderson Cooper did an article last night on a 10 year old gay kid, who embraced it, perhaps a little too much, but he certainly wasn't hurting anyone. His classmate hated gays, and felt like this gay kid was hitting on him. So he brought a gun to school, and shot the gay kid in the back of the head during class.

The jury couldn't reach a verdict, so the shooter, who was tried as an adult and would face a 50 year sentence, may get off without any punishment.

With the rash of gay kid suicides and murders, I think it's very important to explain to kids these days what it means to be gay, and why bullying or killing them is not a good thing.

A gay kid hitting on a straight kid which is what preceded the attack, is also not a good thing.

I'm not condoning the action of shooting someone in the back of the head but don't try and pretend there was no provocation. If homosexuality is going to be introduced in schools, then gay kids need to learn that they should not be hitting on straight kids. I addressed this in an earlier post:

Quote:
As far as I can tell, to most of them [straight teenagers], [homosexuality] is not a big deal--they just don't like it when one of the gay students hits on them.
My 16 year old grandson had a gay friend make a pass at him in the middle of the night during a sleepover with a third friend. My grandson was really pissed because he is straight and the gay kid knows it. When my grandson told him to cut it out, the gay kid said to him, "I thought you'd like this." No violence ensued but the two are no longer friends.

I know of a couple of other friendships that broke up when the gay friend got too cozy with the straight friend. I imagine that straight CD members also have their own stories to tell about unwelcome advances from gays.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I don't give a damn what you or anyone else does with their bodies.

You care enough to engage in a rant about it on an online message board, in which you express some very strong opinions.

I'd say that was caring.

Quote:
I am just saying that homosexuals try to make people think that homosexual sex is normal.

Gosh darn them for fighting against being persecuted and made to feel bad. I mean how dare they ask for tolerance and acceptance. Who the hell do they think they are, anyway? Citizens?

Quote:
It is in no way normal.
Says you, and it's fine with me for you to have whatever opinion you want - but when you start trying to legislate your bigotry into laws that treat them differently from everyone else just because of their sexual orientation, then people like me will stop you from doing it, because it's nothing more than bigotry.

I neither like nor dislike homosexuals. Bigots, on the other hand, I don't like.

Quote:
People are more accepting of it because it seems it is not going away.
First of all, why should it? Secondly, it's ALWAYS been with us, before we were even the species we are now, if the behavior of our closest cousins in the primate family are any indication.

It's OK, you'll get over it. I got over my homophobia. Why can't you?

Quote:
I could care less what you do but don't try to convince me that it is normal.
No no amount of evidence would ever convince you? What if God appeared in your bedroom and said "Scotty, I want you to start being nice to homosexuals. They are my children too."

Would that do it?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
A gay kid hitting on a straight kid which is what preceded the attack, is also not a good thing.

I'm not condoning the action of shooting someone in the back of the head but don't try and pretend there was no provocation. If homosexuality is going to be introduced in schools, then gay kids need to learn that they should not be hitting on straight kids. I addressed this in an earlier post:

My 16 year old grandson had a gay friend make a pass at him in the middle of the night during a sleepover with a third friend. My grandson was really pissed because he is straight and the gay kid knows it. When my grandson told him to cut it out, the gay kid said to him, "I thought you'd like this." No violence ensued but the two are no longer friends.
Way to blame the victim.

You should be ashamed of this post.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I also find it weird that anti-gay men love lesbian sex. For them lesbian sex should be unnatural as well.
It's hot as long as the chicks are hot.

Lesbians like rosie o'donnell turn my stomache!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies