Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You missed the point entirely. I clearly stated that I did not condone the violence. Did you miss that part?

In case no one ever told you.....ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

A gay person inappropriately hitting on a straight person should know the action will not be welcome and what I said--in case you didn't understand--was that if homosexuality is going to be taught in schools, then gay kids should also be taught that trying to get cozy with a straight kid is likely going to **** off the straight kid.

I stand by the post and its message.
That's the way it is with these people it you don't agree with their thinking or feel the way they do, you should be ashamed or you are a bigot or homophobe. They refuse any thought that goes against what they want to believe is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Men can have sex with each other.

They certainly can. Abnormal sex.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's the way it is with these people it you don't agree with their thinking or feel the way they do, you should be ashamed or you are a bigot or homophobe. They refuse any thought that goes against what they want to believe is right.
Back in the Dark Ages, when I was in high school, we had a phrase--"cruising for a bruising". Such lessons are learned early in life by most people. A straight man who grabs at woman's breast inappropriately will unleash the bit.ch in her and a gay man who strokes a straight man's leg might end up wishing he had not.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:40 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
You say being gay is not "natural".

Marriage is not natural. I don't see two dogs getting married.
Monogamy is not natural. Infidelity is a common thing.

You also say "gay sex" is disgusting and vaginal sex is the only acceptable sex practive because that is what our bodies were made for.
Then why do so many heterosexual couples have anal sex?
Why do you not condemn oral sex? The penis should go into the vagina and not anywhere else. How many of the anti-gay folks forego oral sex?

Marriage is a human institution which is to ensure a stable environment in which offspring of a longer maturation process (due to longer time for brain development) are able to safely reach adulthood.

Monogamy is seen in the animal kingdom freqently. Wolves, doves, swans, ect mate for life. They mate with the opposite sex of the same species.

Evolution is based on the "survival of the most fit", which is ability to pass on one's DNA to the next generation. Homosexuality is an evolutionary "dead end" , in which any potentially adaptive genetic material dies with the individual.

-- I don't care whether you are gay or not. I think that few people care one way or another. However, to claim "normalacy" is a reach.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
A gay kid hitting on a straight kid which is what preceded the attack, is also not a good thing.

I'm not condoning the action of shooting someone in the back of the head but don't try and pretend there was no provocation. If homosexuality is going to be introduced in schools, then gay kids need to learn that they should not be hitting on straight kids. I addressed this in an earlier post:
Um, I see a glaring double standard here. Women have had to endure unwanted advances from men for all of human history. That doesn't give them the right to kill a guy who does it.

Why are straight men allowed to hit on anything that walks, but a gay guy can't hit on a straight guy? Clearly it's a macho double standard and straight men just can't handle knowing what it's like to be the object of unwanted sexual advances like they have been doing to women for all of history.

Sorry, no sympathy whatsoever. My best friend is as straight and secure in his sexuality as anyone can be. He's married with 2 kids. He's also a good looking man. He's been hit on and flirted with by gay guys his entire life. He takes it as a compliment and just says, sorry, I'm straight.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
So is oral sex. I am sure you are just fine with it.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Back in the Dark Ages, when I was in high school, we had a phrase--"cruising for a bruising". Such lessons are learned early in life by most people. A straight man who grabs at woman's breast inappropriately will unleash the bit.ch in her and a gay man who strokes a straight man's leg might end up wishing he had not.
Exactly!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Um, I see a glaring double standard here. Women have had to endure unwanted advances from men for all of human history. That doesn't give them the right to kill a guy who does it.

Why are straight men allowed to hit on anything that walks, but a gay guy can't hit on a straight guy? Clearly it's a macho double standard and straight men just can't handle knowing what it's like to be the object of unwanted sexual advances like they have been doing to women for all of history.

Sorry, no sympathy whatsoever. My best friend is as straight and secure in his sexuality as anyone can be. He's married with 2 kids. He's also a good looking man. He's been hit on and flirted with by gay guys his entire life. He takes it as a compliment and just says, sorry, I'm straight.
Why can't you gay people understand that there are two sides to any issue? I'm not saying the two sides necessarily balance each other out in every instance and in all circumstances. Only that most of you are so blind that you cannot see anyone's viewpoint except your own.

Straight men don't "hit on anything that walks". They hit on women. If the woman doesn't like it, he'll get some kind of pissy response. If a gay man hits on a straight man, he may be asking for trouble and. if trouble comes, he is the one who opened that door. There are civilized ways to reject such advances and I'm not justifying violence to them but like it or not, that's the way it is. Some straight men might take it for a compliment. The rest won't like it and their response might be unpredictable.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

Well said. The haters are always going to justify violence against "the gays" because, according to them, "he was looking at/touching/flirting" with them. They will never admit to the glaring double standard.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
What's abnormal to you may not be abnormal to others. The bottom line: Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies