Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Let Congressman Joe Wilson give the rebuttal with his famous 2 words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Nazi Pelosi is an idiot. Since when does the other party give a "response" to a mere policy speech???? This is NOT the State of the Union.
Then why was this thread even started?

It was started by a right-winger in order to try to make Obama look inconsequential.

Why was this thread even started?

I certainly don't care if there is a rebuttal. The repubs have nothing to say, anyway.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It was started by a right-winger in order to try to make Obama look inconsequential.
Obambi makes himself look inconsequential on a daily basis.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obambi makes himself look inconsequential on a daily basis.
No, he doesn't.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
He's gonna propose a massive public works program a la the NRA during the recession, and it's logical: Hire one million unionized construction workers who vote Big Labor Democrat with absolute obedience, let the AFL-CIO union bosses get fat and rich on the millions and millions of dollars in dues money collected, and then sit back as the bosses and their minions send campaign contributions the Con Artist in Chief who engineered the whole swindle.

Welcome to The United States of Chicago, folks.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
His subservience to environmentalists and civil service unions ensures that nothing new will come out of this pointless speech; if he had the guts to tell those folks to drop dead, the unemployment rate would collapse at once.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,623 times
For those saying we don't need infrastructure spending:

10 Major U.S. Bridges in Need of Repair [Gallery] | INFRASTRUCTURIST

Report finds thousands of U.S. bridges in dangerous need of repair | Homeland Security News Wire

I live in Pittsburgh, and Pennsylvania is the state with the largest number of deteriorating bridges with more than 1 of 4 bridges in need of repair – 5,906 out of a total of 22,271.

Now, who wants to give us the stats on aging sewage issues that are huge problems in most Northeastern cities and towns, and as time goes by, every other area of the country will experience the issue. It's all aging and must be repaired.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
I look at this this way. If I'm sitting on a park bench and some idiot invites himself into my space and talks nothing but gibberish, then I will not reply.

The Leader of the Lemmings has had plenty of chances to initiate logical discussion with people of my beliefs over his term. Instead he chose to instigate and shove his crappy programs down the throats of many good Americans who are now forced to pay for his nonsense.

"Shovel ready" is a term this fool is using to get ready to give his "speech" this week. No reply will be necessary as there will be nothing of substance delivered.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Let Congressman Joe Wilson give the rebuttal with his famous 2 words
that sums it up for me too.lets see in in writing mr speech reader

Old 09-07-2011, 07:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
........."Shovel ready" is a term this fool is using to get ready to give his "speech" this week. No reply will be necessary as there will be nothing of substance delivered.
Shovel ready describes what my dog leaves behind on a walk. Obama's speeches on "jobs" (a.k.a. more spending) are made of the same stuff my dog deficates and as such they deserve similar treatment. No response required other than bagging it up and throwing it in a dumpster.

We've heard enough lectures from the Junior College Professor to know that this 9th "pivot to jobs" will be more pandering to his base at the expense of the taxpayers paying of Obama's union money launderers like Hoffa Jr. and Trumpka.

'nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies