Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times

Advertisements

He won't win legally unless he has a darn good lawyer lol. If he takes them to court I wonder if the Lawyer would bring up the history he has as being a player for every lottery with them and that he is still an employee. There may have been a assumption that the group would have pitched in his portion of paying for the lottery ticket(s) out of courtesy and respect for a fellow co-worker. If he had always played when working I would question why no one considered calling him at home to see if he wanted them to chip in his dollar to stay in the group. If he was an avid player with the group then I would expect they would know to put his part in until he comes back to work. I still would volunteer to chip in something to share with him but split it however many ways to include him well that I don't think I would do unless I liked him and he was a friend to me at work.

chipping in at least a measly dollar for hIf I were one of the winning lottery co-workers I would consider how he treated me while working me and I would consider that he was in pain and likely would miss months of chipping in to play. Pain can prevent a person from doing what they want and it's easy to forget, put off when hurting. I would still ask to have a vote to chip in to share some of it with him anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 PM

278 posts, read 577,091 times
The group may have decided to give him a part, but he certainly ruined that too! Hope he doesn't need that job or a job reference in the future. Of course all of the people who worked with him may decide to retire.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:35 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
You gotta play to play. The man on disability is S.O.L.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:37 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Ok, So I'm watching HLN yesterday and vinnie politan starts talking about this man that had played the lottery with his co-workers for 8 years. Never missed putting money into it. They had never won anything. Something had happened to the mans back forcing him to leave work and go on disability. He had been out for 3 months total. The man hadn't put money into the lotto for the entire time he had missed work.

The co-workers end up winning the lottery. Now the man is sueing them because they refuse to give him what would have been his share of 99 million dollars had he still been at work playing.

What do you think? Is he entitled to a share of the money even though he hadn't been paying to play?

Discuss!
I think not, tho' I would hope that (if it were me and I were not sueing) my co-workers would be gracious and give me some small part, for which I would be grateful,as I would offer the same to a fellow co-worker...as long as I were not being sued

Old 09-07-2011, 06:43 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Meanwhile, in Las Vegas...

Man: "Officer! That man is stealing my slot machine jackpot!"

Officer (to second man): "Excuse me sir, but this man says that you're collecting his winnings."

Second man: "What? I just put a dollar from my own pocket into this machine and hit it big! This guy must be confused."

Officer (to first man): "He says that he played his own money and won. On what grounds are you accusing him of stealing from you?"

Man: "I was playing that machine all day! I only got up to use the restroom, and when I came back, HE was sitting there!"

Officer (to first man):

Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
What lunatic lawyer is filing this suit for him? He should be disbarred. This is the kind of stupidity that creates backlogs in the court system.

Hey I was at the track and always play a 5/8 exacta box. It hit and I forgot to bet it that one time. I guess this lawyer would get on board with me suing the track?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
He had no skin in the gamer as its aid and no right to share the earnings.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Wow, I am so glad to see an abundance of what I feel are the correct answers to the scenario. Props to you all!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What lunatic lawyer is filing this suit for him?
Probably expects the group to settle and throw a little money his way, a cut of which will go to the lawyer, simply because doing so is cheaper than the legal fees of fighting the frivolous lawsuit.

Immoral, yeah, lunatic, not really.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Ok, So I'm watching HLN yesterday and vinnie politan starts talking about this man that had played the lottery with his co-workers for 8 years. Never missed putting money into it. They had never won anything. Something had happened to the mans back forcing him to leave work and go on disability. He had been out for 3 months total. The man hadn't put money into the lotto for the entire time he had missed work.

The co-workers end up winning the lottery. Now the man is sueing them because they refuse to give him what would have been his share of 99 million dollars had he still been at work playing.

What do you think? Is he entitled to a share of the money even though he hadn't been paying to play?

Discuss!
No ticky, no washy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies