Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well that may be the way they save the disenfranchisement of about 20 million people according to one article I read from reading bob's links. You have to watch those people since they really don't care how many military people get to vote, anytime, but poor or old or minority people have to all vote in order for Obama to win again.
Well we all know the answer to why they don't care one bit if the military votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Why don't you post all the Dummy videos one can find on the page in YouTube this one came from? If you don't know about that ask your "boss" what kind of thing he got you into. You do do this crap for money, don't you?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..most will skip right over my post (in both threads).
Funny how that herd mentality works.
Do you suspect that any of these people have you on ignore? I am sure about a couple of them who posted already on this thread.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Please Roy, you know what the law is about, and why. Don't pretend you don't. If you support voter suppression, say so, you have a right.
Naw, bob, I don't care who gets to vote but I really don't think that 20 million people will be kept from voting because of rules like this one but that woman I mentioned did say so. How many military votes were thrown out in Florida in the election of 2000? The Dems tried very hard to get it done.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well we all know the answer to why they don't care one bit if the military votes.
The left not only doesn't care about any military votes they don't want to count them because they are just as sure they will be Republican as the Dems blame the GOP of being the same way for "old people".

BTW, most of the old people I know will never vote Dem unless they manage to convince them that Ryan and the rest of the House tried to kill off Social Security. I am not ready to vote for Obama because of the Democrat lies about this subject. Obama has suggested we are going to cut our taxes for SS by enough to weaken the thing much more than anything the GOP suggested in their budget. Budget, what is that? The Dems don't believe in that kind of thing so the Senate hasn't even voted on one for nearly 3 years.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
I'd agree with the responses confirming the perp was in the wrong. The firing was neither inappropriate nor a Walker action. And the perp was on a limited assignment. Probably won't be getting another one of those.

Looks like the OP mis-identified the real problem.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

This is the exact reason, the home of the Progressives was lost to the Conservative in over a Century. Nothing is taken seriously and it shows in the States troubles, before the Conservatives were elected to fix the mess the Progressives have made of the State.

Immature children, do stuff like this, so they don't have to face the truth.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I'd agree with the responses confirming the perp was in the wrong. The firing was neither inappropriate nor a Walker action. And the perp was on a limited assignment. Probably won't be getting another one of those.

Looks like the OP mis-identified the real problem.
Not an uncommon action by him. The title is very misleading.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Naw, bob, I don't care who gets to vote but I really don't think that 20 million people will be kept from voting because of rules like this one but that woman I mentioned did say so. How many military votes were thrown out in Florida in the election of 2000? The Dems tried very hard to get it done.
I provided a couple of links that contained the facts and opinion. I tend to try to focus on the facts and assume other do as well. Probably a bad assumption, but in our exchanges I've always thought you to be fact oriented. Sometimes misinterpreting them, but certainly using the facts as a basis.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
The left not only doesn't care about any military votes they don't want to count them because they are just as sure they will be Republican as the Dems blame the GOP of being the same way for "old people".
Regardless their respective "constituencies", at issue here is which party has stooped to actually trying to suppress some folks from voting! It's also why you've started hearing some wingnuts now openly suggest the return of the "Poll Tax"!

Hey, the end always justifies the means whenever you feel "special", and "entitled", and that "God is on your side"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies