Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Can you blame them? Yep I can. Get a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Why is it time to impeach? The Constitution does not allow congress to just remove the president whenever it disagrees with policy.
There could be some argument there are the actions of the ATF (Fast and Furious) and DOJ (Gibson guitars). Shoot, add in that they intend and have said they are going to intentionally ignore law and not deport illegals. There's actually some pretty good arguments there in favor of impeachment.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
They just found some more weapons from the fast and furious debacle at a crime scene in Arizona. Nothing to see here folks just move on says the MSM.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I found myself nodding in agreement with your post and thinking, "now here's some common sense" .... until you got to the last two paragraphs and turned it into an empty political 'raincloud' -- You could as easily have interchange 'Democrats' and 'Republicans' in these paragraphs -- and pandered to an equal number of folks seeking only to place blame on the other party.
Political rain cloud? No, it's just calling it the way I see it. You were nodding your head when I posted the bit about chuckling at Obama's proposed tax incentives. I guess that wasn't a political rain cloud, but the part where I pointed out that Republicans are acting like sticks in the mud...somehow was. Mate, I think you're the one who's got blinders on here.

I'm not a registered democrat, so I don't have a vested interest in seeing them succeed. It's just that they're the better of the two parties right now and they probably will be for some time. They're not just better; they're decisively better. They have been for some time. I wish they had more of a spine and would offer voters a clearer choice, and I wish more of them would put themselves at arm's length from unions, but thanks to the Supreme Court, the progressive cause depends on AFL-CIO funding. So I'd say the conservative ideologues have helped to create that mess as much as anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The real problem is that both sides have good answers and solutions, just as both sides have their own radical elements. I wish we could do away with political parties altogether and work on solutions, instead of 'blame.'
I am all for doing away with 'blame', but there also needs to be accountability. By accountability, I don't mean criticizing a sitting president for not taking the U.S. out of a deep recession barely four months after taking office -- that's political point scoring. I mean actually analyzing the policies that helped us to get into this mess.

There is plenty of blame to be pinned on Obama. I think he jumped the gun on health care reform, and I think that the political energy we spent debating that issue could have been better spent pushing for more economic stimulus. But the Republicans have been nothing but a special interest group for the super wealthy and corporate elite in this country. They say they're for tax cuts, and yet want tax cuts to expire on the poorest of American workers -- people who aren't actually on welfare but people who are actually out contributing to the GDP. They need to be held accountable for that. Holding them accountable isn't being political; it's telling it like it is.

Sometimes the facts are partisan. If they are, so be it. The problem is that so many of the posts I read here are partisan and absent of facts.

The fact is that Republicans don't really understand (or don't care) about how to bring more people into the workforce and how to increase economic growth. Hell, Rick Perry can't even put out a fire in his own state and it's been, what, 300 days? You expect this guy to be able to run the country?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Can you blame them? Yep I can. Get a job.
Right, so a plant manager is going to take his family from a $75,000 year job to serving fries with limited health benefits and isn't supposed to give it a second thought.

Look, I am also skeptical of people who have been unemployed for two or three years now...I don't get that either. But I doubt that's true of the majority of the people on unemployment. It pays about 60 percent of what they were earning before in most cases. And for a limited time, with no guarantee of renewal. I find it hard to believe that the average person is going to settle for that when they can be out finding work.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There could be some argument there are the actions of the ATF (Fast and Furious) and DOJ (Gibson guitars). Shoot, add in that they intend and have said they are going to intentionally ignore law and not deport illegals. There's actually some pretty good arguments there in favor of impeachment.
Again, what high crimes and misdemeanors has the president committed? You're talking about policies you don't like. Impeachment refers to graft or other offenses which calls into question his fitness to serve.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Wished you would have made that statement first, and not waited till the end. I would have stopped reading the rest of that garbage sooner.
Right, when I made fun of Obama's political pet trick you laughed right along with me. But when I called out Republi-tards for their partisanship, it's 'garbage'.

Who's being partisan here?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Start cutting off people that are supported by government money and we won't have to raise more revenue. Roll back all spending to what is enumerated in the Consititution and not one penny more.
Are you talking about Iraq.... supported by US tax Dollars and the many Countries supported by the USA or the American Citizens? Oh yes... you are talking about American Citizens........ Typical!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:56 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That is OK....

Those hands are full of their money.

Hope Obama still enjoys saying, "I won" and "we are driving the bus now".
I'm afraid the "bus" has now been hijacked and being driven by the right and is heading straight over the cliff......... AGAIN!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Again, what high crimes and misdemeanors has the president committed? You're talking about policies you don't like. Impeachment refers to graft or other offenses which calls into question his fitness to serve.
The DOJ wrongly targeting and raiding a private business that has broken no laws is a matter of policy? The ATF providing weapons to drug dealers is a matter of policy? Ignoring the law of the land (psst...that's one of the primary functions of a President) is a matter of policy?

Wow, I actually can't believe we have American citizens that think this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies