Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times

Advertisements

Did you people know of a teacher at that School. Did you. I did a realitive taught there at that time. From her opinion only, Bush was in utter shock shock she said. And unless you don't have eyes, you can clearly see this on the President's face. Choose not too, that is your option. She said he acted the way he should have that day, to try and not and scare these kids, as the rest of the people at the School. I from what she has said, believe this Presiden't was in utter shock, did not know what to say. Believe what you may, i don't believe the stories out there. And ailens have just landed too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Did you people know of a teacher at that School. Did you. I did a realitive taught there at that time. From her opinion only, Bush was in utter shock shock she said. And unless you don't have eyes, you can clearly see this on the President's face. Choose not too, that is your option. She said he acted the way he should have that day, to try and not and scare these kids, as the rest of the people at the School. I from what she has said, believe this Presiden't was in utter shock, did not know what to say. Believe what you may, i don't believe the stories out there. And ailens have just landed too.
I never was a fan of Bush II (I rather liked his dad) but I think a lot of the nasty stories told about how and what he did on 9/11 were, at least, exaggerated.

I'm not sure what they would expect him to do. Freak out and start screaming?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I never was a fan of Bush II (I rather liked his dad) but I think a lot of the nasty stories told about how and what he did on 9/11 were, at least, exaggerated.

How long after he left the classroom did he give a speech?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
How long after he left the classroom did he give a speech?
I honestly don't recall. One would hope he waited long enough to get accurate information. Things were kind of hectic that day.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:

I have been hearing the teacher, in that room, and a student off and on all day by listening to Fox. They say that he tried to hide the fact that something serious had happened but the ex-student says they could tell it was something really big. I wonder what anyone could have done to hide something like that even from 2nd graders. Kids are very much able to see things like that.

Card, the man who had to tell the news to Bush, thinks he handled it very well, but then I have been hearing him say that all day on Fox, also.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been hearing the teacher, in that room, and a student off and on all day by listening to Fox.
Jeez, Roy! How many times have we told you that listening to Fox rots your brain!!

Quote:
They say that he tried to hide the fact that something serious had happened but the ex-student says they could tell it was something really big. I wonder what anyone could have done to hide something like that even from 2nd graders. Kids are very much able to see things like that.
I never believed he did anything inappropriate on the day itself.

Quote:
Card, the man who had to tell the news to Bush, thinks he handled it very well, but then I have been hearing him say that all day on Fox, also.
I don't think Bush handled in any better or worse than Gore would have or any other arbitrary President that could have been in office at the time. His short-term reactions seemed pretty much appropriate and what one would expect. When he did speak I found him to be credible and honest in his expressions of sympathy, etc.

It wasn't until Cheney and Co. started trying to exploit the tragedy to advance an agenda that had nothing to do with 9/11 that I started to get angry and disappointed...

Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,092 times
Ten years is plenty of time to manufacture mountains of evidence.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't recall. One would hope he waited long enough to get accurate information. Things were kind of hectic that day.
Betcha it was written the day before.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,751 times
Debating with crazies is a waste of time. An amusing waste of time though.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Debating with crazies is a waste of time. An amusing waste of time though.

Dragnet Jack Webb "What Do They Pay You?" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies