Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzii View Post
If this was the case the towers would still be up. Obviously they're more intelligent then you are making them out to be. If you don't consider people who are hijacking airborne planes and crashing them into buildings as " a real enemy" then what are you expecting for them to drop an atomic bomb.

To the person that said it obviously fake I disagree completely obviously it'd be happening now because if the significance of this anniversary.
I think the 9/11 hijackers were the cream de la cream of the bad guys and I also think they got really lucky. The powers that are responsible for security in the country were asleep at the switch for sure. Their ranks have been decimated their leaders have been killed and what's left seem to be no more than a rabble. That does no mean though that we do not need to be extremely vigilant and watchful. They would still attack us and hurt us in any and every way they can. There are all kinds of places around the globe hatching out the next generation of these criminals.

AS per your comment about a "real enemy". A real enemy would be running ops on us every day not once per decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:11 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe it's time we should get out of their countries.

Wouldn't you hate an occupying force if it were on our soil?
2x

Old 09-08-2011, 09:16 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe it's time we should get out of their countries.

Wouldn't you hate an occupying force if it were on our soil?

I have a very different solution, involving deportation/and mass profiling of a certain religion and middle eastern demographic but some would consider that "racist."

Remember anyone who's not Muslim is a infidel and must be terminated.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So what is the CIA planning to do this time?

Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Someone leaked where the US is going to strike next? OH....they mean a threat against the US, ah ok I'm shaking in my boots now. Protect me Big Bro!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I have a very different solution, involving deportation/and mass profiling of a certain religion and middle eastern demographic but some would consider that "racist."

Remember anyone who's not Muslim is a infidel and must be terminated.
It boggles the mind that we are still allowing Muslims from Pakistan and Iran into the country. As you say folks would consider the very rational action you suggest as racist.

Oh well at least two black guys in this country don't think so.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
We have not been attacked since. Could make the argument that if some of the policies were in place before 9/11, ~3000 people would not have died.

But then again there is a population in this country who believes Al Qeada is ran by the CIA and the Government attacked it's own country, for all sort of "fantasy" reasons.

So...yeah...

Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
If our enemies don't come up with an incident this weekend our "friends" will. Without terrorism a whole lot of government contracts disappear and that would be bad for the supliers of machines and manpower.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It boggles the mind that we are still allowing Muslims from Pakistan and Iran into the country. As you say folks would consider the very rational action you suggest as racist.

Oh well at least two black guys in this country don't think so.
We have tens of thousands of these people in our country. I have nown and done business with many of them. My next door neighbour is a Pakistani immigrant. All I can say is these people seem to me to be excellent people. In fact I'll go out on a limb here and say that in my experience they are more polite, more law abiding, harder working, Far more moral, family oriented, well educated, than the majority of Canadians I meet that were born here and who's families have been here for generations.

Your comment is racist, ignorant, xenophobic and all to common among Americans.

In the history of Canada, do you know what group has caused the most security problems? In fact they have more than once staged an armed rebellion against the state.

The Irish.

There was never any thought about getting rid of them, preventing them from coming to the country, discriminating against them. I wonder why?
Could it be that they were white Europeans and that fact covers a multitude of sins?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Blah blah blah ooh I'm racist. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
We have tens of thousands of these people in our country. I have nown and done business with many of them. My next door neighbour is a Pakistani immigrant. All I can say is these people seem to me to be excellent people. In fact I'll go out on a limb here and say that in my experience they are more polite, more law abiding, harder working, Far more moral, family oriented, well educated, than the majority of Canadians I meet that were born here and who's families have been here for generations.

Your comment is racist, ignorant, xenophobic and all to common among Americans.

In the history of Canada, do you know what group has caused the most security problems? In fact they have more than once staged an armed rebellion against the state.

The Irish.

There was never any thought about getting rid of them, preventing them from coming to the country, discriminating against them. I wonder why?
Could it be that they were white Europeans and that fact covers a multitude of sins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies