Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Accomplishments? Everything Hillary has done is a result of being married to Bill Clinton.

Rose Law Firm Partner - Bill was the AG of Arkansas and fed her firm business.

Board of Directors of Walmart - Bill was the Governor of Arkansas and Walmart HQ is in Arkansas.

First Lady - Bill is President

Senator of New York - Consolation prize for not divorcing Bill Clinton and embarassing the Democratic Party.

Sec of State - Bill Clinton probably lobbied for this as a threat to Barack Obama to not be his Number One critic and keep her out of the country.
She's still successful, accomplished and Secretary of State....and you aren't.....and that has nothing to do with her looks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 06:54 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I voted for Hillary too, in the Ca primary. I don't think this is a sexist topic, at all. How a person presents themselves physically is significant. All the more so for a public figure representing our country around the world.

I've noticed the same thing about Hillary's physical appearance. She looks like a cat lady. The longish hair looks awful and unkempt, and she probably gets charged $50 for the bags under eyes every time she flies. She looks tired and worn down.

A sudden change in a person's appearance can be a sign of problems. In Hillary's case, I think it's a mainly of the stresses of the job. But you wonder... SOS can't be any more stressful than POTUS. If she were president, would she let herself look like that???

Maybe there is a "Dorian Gray" aspect to it. This could be the physical results of the frustrations to the soul of a strong woman who yearned to rise to a level where she was subordinant to no man, and never quite made it.

Maybe another presidential race will revive her spirits! We liberals are looking for a good, strong Dem for 2012

I have never voted for a Clinton and have always sworn that I won't. As far as I'm concerned, they're globalist Neo-Conservatives of the same ilk as any good Bush Republican and I don't trust any of them with my nation's future or sovereignty. So far as I can see, their policies are identical: Of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations. Don't pay any attention to what they say. ALL of them will pretend to be anything you like just to get into office. Watch what they do while in power.

But....I'm so disappointed in Barack Obama's lack of testicular fortitude and ability to lead that I might consider Hillary to replace him on the ticket. That would be especially so if I had to chose between Hillary and "Plastic Man" Mitt Romney!

Good Lord! What a hobson's choice!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I voted for Hillary too, in the Ca primary. I don't think this is a sexist topic, at all. How a person presents themselves physically is significant. All the more so for a public figure representing our country around the world.

I've noticed the same thing about Hillary's physical appearance. She looks like a cat lady. The longish hair looks awful and unkempt, and she probably gets charged $50 for the bags under eyes every time she flies. She looks tired and worn down.

A sudden change in a person's appearance can be a sign of problems. In Hillary's case, I think it's a mainly of the stresses of the job. But you wonder... SOS can't be any more stressful than POTUS. If she were president, would she let herself look like that???

Maybe there is a "Dorian Gray" aspect to it. This could be the physical results of the frustrations to the soul of a strong woman who yearned to rise to a level where she was subordinant to no man, and never quite made it.

Maybe another presidential race will revive her spirits! We liberals are looking for a good, strong Dem for 2012
Why do think an elderly person with a demanding job should look like a celebrity ?

Older women who tart themselves up to look younger look like fools...over glossed lips that make a woman look like she's drooling don't make her look intelligent...or make her intelligent...I thought that had been proven with Palin and Bachmann.

""""""""""This could be the physical results of the frustrations to the soul of a strong woman who yearned to rise to a level where she was subordinant to no man, and never quite made it. """""""""

It is the normal aging process....or do you think all seniors are frustrated?

I almost can see your point because when I look at Boehner and his orange face and HUGE bags under his eyes I think he should quit spraying on tan and not blubber like a baby so much and maybe those ugly traits will go away.....

and then I remind myself not to judge on looks...he's a creep no matter what he looks like...

Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Default You're awesome, Mrs. Clinton....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am an admirer of Ms Clinton, voted for her in the Dem primary. But I've noticed that she always appears very drab, very tired looking. How come she doesn't make an attempt to make herself more attractive like most others in politics? She was once very attractive when she was First Lady, but appears to just have "let herself go".
Why do you feel the need to post derogatory comments about Ms. Clinton?

She has certainly earned my respect over the years...

Hillary has never been about the cover story. There is real substance under her outer cover.

That is what we all should be looking at.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:49 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Over 500,000 miles traveled to date. That will take a toll on anyone. And I don't care what anyone looks like, I'm worried about can they do the job. Worrying about looks is like someone wasting time worrying about what they're singing on the floor of the stock exchange.

Interactive Travel Map

And if you want to see what she's doing on a daily basis:

Old 09-09-2011, 07:52 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
She's still successful, accomplished and Secretary of State....and you aren't.....and that has nothing to do with her looks...

She is successful and profiting from her husband's name. Nothing else. Without Bill, she would be some no-name attorney in Chicago still trying to make partner after 40 years.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Being a nasty facist and having a criminal mindset are taking their toll on Slithery.
2x how very true lol

Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
She is successful and profiting from her husband's name. Nothing else. Without Bill, she would be some no-name attorney in Chicago still trying to make partner after 40 years.
Or perhaps without Hillary, Bill may never have been POTUS?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:21 AM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Or perhaps without Hillary, Bill may never have been POTUS?

Probably. If anyone read Game Change--very interesting book about the 2008 elections--it is pointed out that Hillary Clinton's No. 1 admirer on the planet is and always has been Bill Clinton.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
The job she has is physically draining. She probably doesn't get enough sleep for one thing, what with hopping from continent to continent and keeping a schedule that would soon have many of us looking bedraggled, as well. Plus, what she does has to be a source of mental fatigue as well. I think she does pretty well, all things considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies