U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Crown Heights, Brooklyn
1,047 posts, read 1,552,000 times
Reputation: 370

Advertisements

Don't Let Georgia Kill Troy Davis | Human Rights Now - Amnesty International USA Blog
Any thoughts on whether this man should die or not?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 AM
 
6,486 posts, read 6,039,008 times
Reputation: 1273
Can you say with certainty that the man is innocent? I honestly don't know the details of it. why should he be let go?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Crown Heights, Brooklyn
1,047 posts, read 1,552,000 times
Reputation: 370
IDK apperently almost all witnessess have recanted their story and there is a lacking of proper evidence, some just not there and others the court excluded
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,811 posts, read 3,882,284 times
Reputation: 3975
Yeah, ok. Nuke em and get it over with. His victim didn't get what he is getting: LONG LIFE. Whack this waste of oxygen and lets move on already.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Crown Heights, Brooklyn
1,047 posts, read 1,552,000 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yeah, ok. Nuke em and get it over with. His victim didn't get what he is getting: LONG LIFE. Whack this waste of oxygen and lets move on already.
how are you so convinced he is guilty?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,811 posts, read 3,882,284 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
IDK apperently almost all witnessess have recanted their story and there is a lacking of proper evidence, some just not there and others the court excluded
Yes and ALL of the appeals courts, have said the recantations lack any credibility. This includes the US Supreme Court. Of course, you left wing liberals, never tell the whole truth, only what suits your purposes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:16 AM
 
Location: NC
4,110 posts, read 4,068,586 times
Reputation: 1357
How can you execute a man when 7 of the 9 witnesses changed their story and there's no physical evidence? If it can happen to Troy Davis, it can happen to YOU.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,811 posts, read 3,882,284 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
how are you so convinced he is guilty?
How are you so convinced he is not? Because you read some left wing, limp wristed rag? Of course, they say he isn't guilt. NO ONE to them is guilty. This case has been litigated, up, down, sideways, and every way to Sunday.

Appeal, after appeal, after appeal. All the way to the US Supreme Court. They have ALL upheld the death sentence. This waste of oxygen has cost of MILLIONS of dollars.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
 
6,751 posts, read 7,405,357 times
Reputation: 10110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you say with certainty that the man is innocent? I honestly don't know the details of it. why should he be let go?
That is not the standard. The standard is beyond reasonable doubt. If most of your witnesses recant, and the evidence does not support this person having committed the crime, is that not reasonable doubt enough? One of the witnesses signed a written statement that s/he was unable to read, and one claims coercion by police.

THIS is why so many are against the death penalty.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
 
6,751 posts, read 7,405,357 times
Reputation: 10110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Yes and ALL of the appeals courts, have said the recantations lack any credibility. This includes the US Supreme Court. Of course, you left wing liberals, never tell the whole truth, only what suits your purposes.
That is incorrect. The Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal. That is not the same as saying the recantations lacked credibility.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top