Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:42 PM

38,614 posts, read 26,270,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, I don't recall him having a filibuster proof majority. Could you help? From what I remember, he needed republican support and got it. But let me also tell you that he didn't get the kind of support he SHOULD have gotten from republicans considering most of the stimulus was built on THEIR premise (tax cuts).

No. Because the problem is republican collectivism against EVERY effort. What you don't realize (but encourage) is that getting the economy working was never a republican plan. Why would it, when it was all about making Obama a one-term President since day 1? Those politicians are no fools, but they surely have plenty of support of those who are.

Three Senate RINOs voted in favor of the pork package (Snow, Collins and Specter).

There was no plan of any sort that could have been put in motion "from day 1" because Republicans controlled nothing for two years. The trillion dollar stimulus failed to reduce unemployment...end of story. Keynesian stimulus plans always fail. There's no need at this point to redo the stimulus just so a failing president with nothing to lose except our money can double-down on a possible up tick in the economy for which he can claim credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 04:09 PM

7,537 posts, read 11,531,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
As Obama said, maybe congress thinks it can wait 14 months for another election, but too many Americans cannot wait that long.

The repubs are gonna look rrreeeeaaaalllyyy bad if they do nothing, or worse yet, do the wrong things.

Glad to see the repubs between a rock and a hard place. That's what happens when people act like children.
I totally agree if they do nothing when election time comes Obama is gonna win in a land slide. Congress needs to do something doing nothing makes the whole republican party look like lazy jerks who were only elected to keep there pockets full of cash & screw the rest of the country into a hell hole so bad it will take at least 50yrs to get out of

Old 09-09-2011, 04:15 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,354,483 times
The speech translated:

Pass this bill and my donors will get the funding needed to contribute to my billion dollar campaign chest!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,098,171 times
Default Oh yes we do!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The opening shot of his campaign began last evening with a captive audience and these lefties really can't see that at all. Yes, he has said, in so many words just what Nasty Nancy said, "We have to vote for it to find out what is in it". He has left us with a promise that it could be paid for in 10 years. Now he has promised and promised that one and I wonder when people will realize that if allowed he will have us paying hundreds of billions of dollars each year for those 10 years. Only those not smart enough to see through his crap will be willing to take a chance.
Here you guys are already whining and crying about a bill that isn't even out, to be read yet. You are all obstructionists and don't give a rats patootie about the American working public. You should be ashamed. But then you would need to have hearts and brains to feel shame on what you've done to this country in this congress! Did the President fire the opening shot to his campaign. I HOPE TO HELL HE DID! This is ALL he should be talking about at EVERY campaign stop until the next election. JOBS JOBS JOBS AND THE OBSTRUCTIONIST REPUBLICANS until that is THE ONLY VOICE ANYONE HEARS! way to go MR PRESIDENT. You're back and back with a vengenence. HOORAY!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The problem isn't that you don't understand. The problem is that your ideologies, if not sheer hatred for the man, gets in the way.

The President is back on point and on target!!!!!! Finally, I was beginning to think he couldn't do anything more than capitulate to the right wing in his attempt to be "the great negotiator". There is no negotiating with the wingers.....so its time to stop trying and do what is right for this country. From this speech and his renewed attitude, I have high hopes for the jobs bill that we will all soon see. I hope there are some republican congressional leaders that are adults and finally be willing to do something positive for the American workforce. WAY TO GO MR. PRESIDENT. WE'RE PROUD OF YOU!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:25 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,248,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Here you guys are already whining and crying about a bill that isn't even out, to be read yet. You are all obstructionists and don't give a rats patootie about the American working public. You should be ashamed. But then you would need to have hearts and brains to feel shame on what you've done to this country in this congress! Did the President fire the opening shot to his campaign. I HOPE TO HELL HE DID! This is ALL he should be talking about at EVERY campaign stop until the next election. JOBS JOBS JOBS AND THE OBSTRUCTIONIST REPUBLICANS until that is THE ONLY VOICE ANYONE HEARS! way to go MR PRESIDENT. You're back and back with a vengenence. HOORAY!!!!!!!
He fired the first shot, IMO with Joe the Plumber in the last campaign.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Default lets hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The speech translated:

Pass this bill and my donors will get the funding needed to contribute to my billion dollar campaign chest!

Whatever it takes to bring you righties to your collective knees.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:27 PM

7,537 posts, read 11,531,677 times
This plan is better than anything the republicans will ever bring to the table most republicans want to do nothing for the economy and hope it works it self out. Right now the republicans are looking like lazzy jerks when they should put their differences aside and do whats right for the country during this time of economic downfall. People can not wait 14 months hoping that a republican will do something for the country republican have less of a idea what do about this country than Obama ever will

Old 09-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Default oh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
He fired the first shot, IMO with Joe the Plumber in the last campaign.

You'd better dig that old tea bag out of the cup.....cause you're going to need him! What with your crazies ALL out of the closet now...Palin, Bauchman, O'Donnell et al.....I think the public sees you for what you are.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:36 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,248,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
You'd better dig that old tea bag out of the cup.....cause you're going to need him! What with your crazies ALL out of the closet now...Palin, Bauchman, O'Donnell et al.....I think the public sees you for what you are.
I hope so....

I will keep MY money...

And you can keep YOURS...OK???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies