Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
His Keynesian policies have failed before why should I support him this time?
They have? Damn, I don't remember him even trying. You mean that tiny little stim package that he had to ram down the throats of the republicans that was made up mostly of tax cuts and state aide? That's Keynesian?

I mean because obviously the Austrian methods we've been trying since the 80s have worked so damned well.

PS - you shouldn't support Obama, he's a corporatist centrist who is about as liberal as George HW Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If it fails, it helps the republicans. Those politicians you speak for aren't dumb. Failed economy for success has been the obvious mantra for almost three years now.

To repeat my earlier point, Obama's failures can be attributed to agreeing with republicans... the first stimulus involved more of the same... 2/3 of it tax cuts. And I disliked that then, as I dislike the idea of payroll cuts in this one.

You do realize that Obama has a filibuster proof majority and did not need a single republican's support to pass the first stimulus?

You do realize that suggesting that he caved to republicans rings hollow when every singl republican decried the plan from the start?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I could claim I turned my head left and it helped avoid alien invasion. Without proof, it's a bunch of hooey. Where's the proof of this statement?
Same place where you can find "failure".

Old 09-09-2011, 02:42 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If the republicans don't agree he'll just blame them for it all when it fails which it surely will. If they do agree they'll **** off their constituents for wasting more money. This isn't about creating jobs it's about getting re-elected. All one has to do is read the post here at CD to see how the swooners have bought it lock stock and barrel. The ignorance of many is astounding.
As Obama said, maybe congress thinks it can wait 14 months for another election, but too many Americans cannot wait that long.

The repubs are gonna look rrreeeeaaaalllyyy bad if they do nothing, or worse yet, do the wrong things.

Glad to see the repubs between a rock and a hard place. That's what happens when people act like children.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
You do realize that Obama has a filibuster proof majority and did not need a single republican's support to pass the first stimulus?
No, I don't recall him having a filibuster proof majority. Could you help? From what I remember, he needed republican support and got it. But let me also tell you that he didn't get the kind of support he SHOULD have gotten from republicans considering most of the stimulus was built on THEIR premise (tax cuts).

Quote:
You do realize that suggesting that he caved to republicans rings hollow when every singl republican decried the plan from the start?
No. Because the problem is republican collectivism against EVERY effort. What you don't realize (but encourage) is that getting the economy working was never a republican plan. Why would it, when it was all about making Obama a one-term President since day 1? Those politicians are no fools, but they surely have plenty of support of those who are.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I mean because obviously the Austrian methods we've been trying since the 80s have worked so damned well.
I dunno the 90s didn't suck as much as it does now.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I dunno the 90s didn't suck as much as it does now.
The early 80s, late 80s and early 90s did. In fact, one could argue that there were only a quarter of 12 years since 1980 that were anything close to "not sucking".

But then, if tax cuts are Keynesian, then tax increases (1993, Clinton) must be Austrian.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
He is using our tax money to buy his own re election.

Dont be fooled by the scam artist.

Any job will be a temp job with low pay.

He is trying to scam us once again.

Shovel ready jobs, oh yea! How did those work out?

Right you are! Shovel ready jobs, from a Dig us into a Ditch presdient, power for the course is it not?

His failures he owns, because he has a big head. Infact he is pigheaded.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So republicans are running scared that if Obama manages to get this thru, it will help the economy and destroy their plan on keeping the economy down and the next election... theirs.

Whats new?

Well, that's what the spin will be.

We're selling magic lolly pops here so facts mean nothing. The important thing for the Keynesians is to spend a lot of money while the economy is down and keep spending as much as possible for as long as possible. That way they can take credit for anything good that might happen.

Keynesian stimulus programs are like taking credit for making the Sun shine. No one can prove you don't make the Sun shine and some people are actually stupid enough to believe you do, so as long as the Sun is likely to shine at some point in the future, it's a relatively risk free endeavor.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
As Obama said, maybe congress thinks it can wait 14 months for another election, but too many Americans cannot wait that long.

The repubs are gonna look rrreeeeaaaalllyyy bad if they do nothing, or worse yet, do the wrong things.

Glad to see the repubs between a rock and a hard place. That's what happens when people act like children.
On that 14 months...was Obama admitting things are HIS fault and in 14 months he will be voted out???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies