Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:07 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Did you bother to listen to the speech? Will you bother to wait until the plan is actually unveiled to be asking for explanations. Everyone has a "link" that is going to show their idea of what if "truth".....we can play the link for link game until the cows come home. The proof will be in the pudding after the plan is unveiled. If its not good,,, or if his suggestion that the right needs to "add" to the plan.....then we will be right back to gridlock and that I'm sure you can agree, can't help anyone.
I did listen to the speech, did you? Not only that I remeber what he said and did not more than a month or 2 ago... Think of it like this, obama is touting no new regulations, but he has been talking about this speech for how long 30 - 40 days....

And you can sit there and actually believe what he is saying when just 30 - 40 days ago he signed into law millions and millions of dollars of red tape.

Let's go 1 further, if he really wanted to show the world that he is really truly serious this time, he should have said, those million dollar regulations of red tape that I signed into law 30 - 40 days ago, I will have them removed as of tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
No, actually Obamacare IS working already, and will continue to work better as the pieces go into effect. I also agree, that although no repugs voted for it.....they were at the table .....during the entire discussion and many if not MOST of the ideas were Republican ideas incorporated into the plan. Although they were not allowed by the Teabosses, to actually vote for what they put into the bill.
I believe a repub gave the last and final vote....

Old 09-10-2011, 06:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The wealthy ended up paying more in taxes, by percent, after the Bush tax cuts than they were before.
????

Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Everyone has a "link" that is going to show their idea of what if "truth".....we can play the link for link game until the cows come home.
Yes, everyone can provide links, and it really hurts when they prove you wrong. Can you provide a link that disproves that obama did not pass those bills? Again, we can provide links till the cows come home, but when it is on a very direct question and such an obvious answer.

Quote:
The proof will be in the pudding after the plan is unveiled. If its not good,,, or if his suggestion that the right needs to "add" to the plan.....then we will be right back to gridlock and that I'm sure you can agree, can't help anyone.
YES PLEASE lets unveil the plan, how long do we have to wait? He has had jobs plans for the last 2 1/2 years.

Did you forget the "shovel ready" jobs plan? You know where obama and his staff laughed right in YOUR face also.....where did all that money go?

Sorry, but if this plan is so great and all of these people are out of work why is he waiting to unveil it?

It's a shame that people continue to believe the things that are said by obama...

Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Just answering your direct question, I was being polite by just saying ........
Nope, you cannot even keep up with who you are talking to?

You told someone else to shut up, but it was not me....I was just telling you my story of what happened to me...

Old 09-10-2011, 06:49 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Id like to hear this part to see if he says anything more pertinent and detailed than he did during his "election speech" before Congress.

"To ensure that the American Jobs Act is fully paid for, the President will call on the Joint Committee to come up with additional deficit reduction necessary to pay for the Act and still meet its deficit target. The President will, in the coming days, release a detailed plan that will show how we can do that while achieving the additional deficit reduction necessary to meet the President’s broader goal of stabilizing our debt as a share of the economy[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]."[/SIZE][/SIZE]
American Jobs Act: Read All the Details | The White House

Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Id like to hear this part to see if he says anything more pertinent and detailed than he did during his "election speech" before Congress.

"To ensure that the American Jobs Act is fully paid for, the President will call on the Joint Committee to come up with additional deficit reduction necessary to pay for the Act and still meet its deficit target. The President will, in the coming days, release a detailed plan that will show how we can do that while achieving the additional deficit reduction necessary to meet the President’s broader goal of stabilizing our debt as a share of the economy[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]."[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Many people would want to see the specifics. I suspect, a lot of Simpson/Bowles influence.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 AM

250 posts, read 413,081 times
Obama has done more than one "Jobs speech" Watch this crap.. Blah Blah Blah..

Obama Jobs Speech - YouTube

Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Interesting site to look at the plan and see what's in it. Quite a lot of specifics.

Actually very little specifics FB.

"Expanding high speed internet" for example.
That was in the first stimulus and targeted for rural areas but most money went to urban and inner city areas.

"Rebuild"..we've heard that one before and it takes years before infrastructure projects get off the ground. What are they going to do..allocate money to repave more roads ?

What I do see are lots and lots of tax credits which won't help our deficit one bit.
The mentality in this jobs plan seems to be "build it and they will come" and the government is going to spend lots of money.
I still don't see where the demand will come from to spur any recovery..just like with past government handouts.
When the Fed money dries up we're twice as worse off than when we started due to the added taxpayer debt.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
To work on what? There's no bill.
Remember the republicans made several proposals and all were rejected by Obama and the democrats? That's some bi-partisan action for you.

Simply untrue! The republicans were asked to the table continously during this administration. He is constantly trying to negotiate agreements from changes to health care to jobs, to taxes. He begs and pleads with Republicans to pass bi partisan bills, but they intend to see to it that Obama fails, they intend to and have stated out loud and loudly that their intention is to hold the country hostage until they can regain the presidency. It isn't a secret any longer. The game is over, you were "caught in the obstructist net" that you threw into the water yourself now you are going to have to put up or shut up or get the country back to work yourselves. Obama has NO problem with Republicans being at the table, or on the table or jumping from the table......just get to the table and get their collective arses to work for the American people rather than the American royalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies