Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Will Obama's so-called "jobs" plan work?

Not just no, but hell NO! Just like his "shovel ready" stimulus parts I&II didn't work. It is however payback for certain unions(Teamsters, SEIU, Teachers Unions, etc...).

It will help. Will it be enough. Who knows? I think the supposed failure of the stimulus is innaccurate. When we have the largest drop in domesting real estate in the history of the world, there is going to be problems. Our unemployment rate never broke 15%, which it very well coud have without the stimulus. And the fact that housing has not recovered is a major issue that will suppress demand for a couple more years at least. At some point, however, the economy will ignite, and the private sector refuses to invest in American, so the public sector must. There is no guarantee that this attempt will work, but it very well might. Anyone who things the "failure" of the last stimulus is an indictment of policy just has no clue about the larger scale forces we are dealing with.

I can say, from eight years of observation that the Bush tax cuts have not worked,so trying something new seems fine to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 04:55 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
without a doubt this jobs package is a huge step in the right direction. Now are the republicans and the tea party going to continue to be obstructionist to the detriment of the american workforce, or get the heck on board and do the right thing and support this bill the minute it comes to congress next week. Any additions that cross party lines but still is pro american worker. Then tack it onto the package....but stop obstructing progress. Americans can no longer tolerate the gridlock.

a, b, c, delusion

Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Default Why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Okay, how about repealing Obamacare?
My grandson, who is still going to school and living at home at 19, can continue to stay on his father's healtcare bill because of Obamacare. My son...who has a pre-existing condition as well as my granddaughter (adult) can both still get healthcare now....no one can discriminate against them. The insurance companies will now be required to spend 80 percent of their monies collected on ACTUAL healthcare instead of CEO bonuses and payouts. Why is the world would be want to repeal Obamacare. When the rest of it takes effect, you couldn't PRY Obamacare out of the hands of the American public with a crowbar!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Default really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
a, b, c, delusion

And YOUR suggestions at getting this country back to work.....how are you doing with that list?

Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

I can say, from eight years of observation that the Bush tax cuts have not worked,so trying something new seems fine to me.
But a major part of Obama's plan is a payroll tax cut. Go figure....

Old 09-09-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
It will help. Will it be enough. Who knows? I think the supposed failure of the stimulus is innaccurate. When we have the largest drop in domesting real estate in the history of the world, there is going to be problems. Our unemployment rate never broke 15%, which it very well coud have without the stimulus. And the fact that housing has not recovered is a major issue that will suppress demand for a couple more years at least. At some point, however, the economy will ignite, and the private sector refuses to invest in American, so the public sector must. There is no guarantee that this attempt will work, but it very well might. Anyone who things the "failure" of the last stimulus is an indictment of policy just has no clue about the larger scale forces we are dealing with.

The "plan", like its author, is a nullity, and any effect it had or will have has already passed, which was probably limited to somebody buying a box of tissue to wipe away the tears of laughter as Obama "Tennis Gamed" the speech, swiveling to and fro, left and right, in his stupefying voice chasing the teleprompter.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:

If everyone would just stop the obstructing and work together we can get this country moving forward. It won't happen overnite, but with positives like this new bill (with the addition of some positive input from the right), it's a giant step to recovery.

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
My grandson, who is still going to school and living at home at 19, can continue to stay on his father's healtcare bill because of Obamacare. My son...who has a pre-existing condition as well as my granddaughter (adult) can both still get healthcare now....no one can discriminate against them. The insurance companies will now be required to spend 80 percent of their monies collected on ACTUAL healthcare instead of CEO bonuses and payouts. Why is the world would be want to repeal Obamacare. When the rest of it takes effect, you couldn't PRY Obamacare out of the hands of the American public with a crowbar!
Then don't complain about a high unemployment rate.

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Did the last one work ? It gave good GDP numbers which claimed "recession over".
That's what it will do again..it's all about perception, not actual jobs.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
And YOUR suggestions at getting this country back to work.....how are you doing with that list?
I wrote this on another thread.

There is no such thing as a jobs "bill", per se. The government can't legislate the creation of jobs. Rather, it needs to stop getting in the way, threatening, demonizing, terrifying etc., business. A perfect example is Obama's the Destroyer's talking about opening a coal-fired generation plant and going broke from the wacko-fees.

When you start demonizing or attacking one industry, it doesn't just effect that industry, it spills out and creates a chilling effect to everone what are looking at each other and asking "who's next".

Look at the disgraceful way the Brown Shirts attacked Gibson Guitar for being non-union. Unbelievable in the USA, but such as things are under Obama the POS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies