Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:57 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times

Advertisements

I'm proud of our soldiers and believe the government should offer more incentives to hire troops returning home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 12:05 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
This wife of a Marine salutes you, OP, we wives know what you troops have gone through.
Semper Fi!

Old 09-10-2011, 12:05 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Your buddy seems like a good guy.

The rest are just leeches who could not make it in the private sector. They cannot help themselves, someone told them that serving their country in the military is a good idea, but really we all know that it is a government job, and that is not a real job, is it? The guy has deluded himself into feeling relevant. He would be far more American if he was selling ammo or something at a gun show. That is real work, not leeching.

Now, if we privatized the military, that would change everything. They would do much better work of it, especially if we cut the mercenary tax rate to zero. And if we gave them control over the nukes, those corporations would be able to create patents that would get them out of the hands of our communist, muslim-loving President, and that would be good too. It would be good for the economy too. We could continue to lead the world in military innovation and sell the most profitable ideas to China, India, Brazil,etc. That would be REAL work.

Flying helicopters on the backs of hardworking Americans does not impress me a bit. Unless they are going to have some bake sales to pay the freight, I say axe it.
Knock it off.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:17 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times
Yes despite our political differences and opinions, one thing we should agree on is that we are indeed thankful for the courage and performance of our troops.

Thank you indeed to all our soldiers stationed all over the world----America loves and respects all of you. Thank you for your support and keeping the nation and the world secure---we love you all.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
I read hateful asinine posts about on this board all the time. Tonight I am in the mood to post my own. Trashing government employees senselesly, calling them commies, leeches, saying their careers have no real value, questioning their patriotism,even when it is obvious they love their country. Those type posts are an hourly occurrence on this board. Why the thin skin now? Especially, when it is obviously tongue in cheek.

Roll with it.
Then start your own thread, you're looking a lot like a troll by hijacking this one.
Tongue in cheek?
I dont think so.
More like passive-aggressive.
ETA: you have no point on this thread, grow up.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:23 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
He flies 747 cargo jets world wide for a private company now thanks to his flight training by the military. All of your best civilain pilots are former military pilots. The government the only way to really train the pilots we need. Can you afford a 20 million dollar jet or 5 million dollar helicopter to train in... The government buys all the military goods that are made by private companies...strange how certain companies build arms when one party has control of the government...
I salute you, your friends and fellow soldiers who have served 'but' (just a little 'but') I have to take issue with the above bold-ed statement.

I was Army Special Forces, never flew military or even had military flight training 'but' (there's that 'but') .. I am a retired first officer for one of the world's largest commercial air carriers, have friends who are still at the wheel (that had no military training) and we all consider ourselves .. among the best .. (or at least .. former best)

Old 09-10-2011, 12:30 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
I'm always proud and thankful of my fellow citizens who serve our country.
You are not serving your country when you are not serving the Constitution.

Most likely, you're "serving" yourself.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I salute you, your friends and fellow soldiers who have served 'but' (just a little 'but') I have to take issue with the above bold-ed statement.

I was Army Special Forces, never flew military or even had military flight training 'but' (there's that 'but') .. I am a retired first officer for one of the world's largest commercial air carriers, have friends who are still at the wheel (that had no military training) and we all consider ourselves .. among the best .. (or at least .. former best)
Yeah, George Bush wasn't that great of a pilot.

Neither was John McCain.

Both, a coupla military fk-ups.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:36 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Why. None of this is allowed for the military? Give me a break.

I am just pointing out the farce that government jobs are not real jobs. It got under your skin didn't it? Well that is how I feel when people talk about ending the EPA and National Park,etc. as if they are complete commie boondoggles. I think their jobs are valuable too. What is the difference?

It is called making a point.
No, it's called being deluded.

I'm used to dealing with liberals who make no sense.

Why don't you buy a sense of decorum, and choose another thread to get all off topic on?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:53 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, George Bush wasn't that great of a pilot.

Neither was John McCain.

Both, a coupla military fk-ups.
I am not privy to either of their records but I'd have to say .. if they were military fly-boys, they would have had to be among some of the best!

I do know that the air force (regardless of branch) take the handling of their multi-million dollar aircraft, very seriously and don't just hand em out like day old razors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies