Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,028,948 times

Advertisements

As NBC Chuck Todd would say re: Obama sagging poll numbers 'our pollsters are very concerned'.
Naaa! no bias there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:19 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,106,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
PBS Alters Transcript To Hide Obama Gaffe

Such a gaffe would have brought huge amounts of ridicule and derision on George W. Bush, but in the case of Obama the media yawned.

Actually, they did more than yawn; government-funded PBS has altered the transcript of the President's speech, removing the offending comment.

Amazingly stupid liberal media...
It is not altered now...

Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,281,882 times
Manchurian candidates don't got no functional brain, outside their implanted instructions.

No hard drive, no problems, man.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,099,295 times
Isnt the "American Thinker" one of those satire websites where they just make up stories for entertainment purposes?..

Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 AM

38,615 posts, read 26,270,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Don't you just love technology?! Print is less forgiving. With technology, we can rewrite history!!

"You read it in the tea leaves and the tracks are on TV"

- David Bowie

Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,126,511 times
The government, like human beings, learns from its mistakes. Under Bush, I'm sure several statements were cleaned up for accuracy. After his innumerable gaffes, I would trust that this type of revision is pretty routine. Is there something sinister here? I think not. I always thought Lincoln was the first Republican president so perhaps that was what he meant to say.

If on the other hand, one or more of the government's tentacles cleaned up the truth (rather than a mistake) instead, altering it to be deliberately false, THEN we should be complaining...

Old 09-10-2011, 11:06 AM

38,615 posts, read 26,270,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The government, like human beings, learns from its mistakes. Under Bush, I'm sure several statements were cleaned up for accuracy. After his innumerable gaffes, I would trust that this type of revision is pretty routine. Is there something sinister here? I think not. I always thought Lincoln was the first Republican president so perhaps that was what he meant to say.

If on the other hand, one or more of the government's tentacles cleaned up the truth instead, altering it to be deliberately false, THEN we should be complaining...

Have a link?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,846,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
That site has soooo many pop-ups. 'American Thinker" ROTFLMAO! Can you say oxyMORON?
Why don't you try and address the topic and FACTS. It IS a fact PBS left out obama's comment that Lincoln founded the GOP.

You ok with that? Of course you are, because the intention was to protect obama.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

If on the other hand, one or more of the government's tentacles cleaned up the truth instead, altering it to be deliberately false, THEN we should be complaining...
The was a TRANSCRIPT, supposed to be exactly what was said in the speech. That's usually how transcripts work, you know?

So to you, it was JUST a coincidence that was the one and only line left out?

I'm sure your VERY wrong about Bush's transcripts.

Oh looky - they put the line back in;

http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2...ing-for-obama/

More proof of the taxpayer funded obama media.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I prefer Obama's gaffe on PBS than Dubya's "gaffe" on WMDs! ahem!
Yeah but, the POINT is PBS, supposed unbiased and objective, LEFT OUT his gaffe.

You think that was a coincidence?

How do you like the media editing what should be a straight resuscitation of what the president said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies