Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
Although politically motivated, he has courage to speak the truth.
You are correct, his statements are politically motivated. However, it doesn't take courage to spew your political venom on those that disagree with you. It doesn't take courage to make statements, on this of all days, aimed at causing pain to those that lost loved ones on that day. It doesn't take courage to s*** on the memories of those that lose loved ones in NYC, DC, PA or in the resulting war on terror.

All it takes is contempt and hatred for your fellow Americans, and a complete lack of class or sympathy for those lost. A willingness to cause pain to others on this, a day for rememberance. Something this scumbag has mastered.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 09-11-2011 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 09:39 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Since Krugman is a hack who only knows to spout the party line and has never been correct about anything, why take him serious now?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:49 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Al Sharpton? I said nothing about race I said pretend it is a negative article about Obama and you and the others will feel great about Krugman.
Huh? I didn say anything about race either. And I said pretend it was a negative article about Obama and Sharpton, congress and the mainstream media would be outraged.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Huh? I didn say anything about race either. And I said pretend it was a negative article about Obama and Sharpton, congress and the mainstream media would be outraged.
why bring up sharpton? Obama has no dealings with him. Why did you bring up sharpton?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
You know what? Today is actually a "day of shame." It's a shame we have to spill American blood in an attempt to "liberate" the animals in the Middle East.

I say we pull out and let those boys hash it out. They haven't been able to get their s**t together for thousands of years. What makes anyone think they can turn it around in less than 15 years?

Happy hunting, fellas. We'll be home relaxing while you fight for the right to be with your 72 whores.
They're still searching for the WMDs.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:09 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
He's saying that 9/11 was used as an excuse to start useless wars and for scumbag politicians to grandstand. Point out how that is wrong.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
I musta missed it, please point out where the poster said all in the Mid east were animals.
Okay, since reading isn't your strong suit...can you count? It is sentence 3 in the quoted post.

Quote:
Nice, throw out an attack when you can't refute the poster. You and Krugman deserve each other.
I wish I could have the mental ability to just not see things I disagreed with, like post 7. I think yours is nearing superhuman.

Quote:
No, it's OK. I should have been more clear to help the delusional.

Animals = Taliban, Al Qaeda, two-faced governments, etc...
Uh huh. I should read words into posts you didn't say, and if I don't I'm delusional?

That's is the most creative way some one has defined delusional I have ever seen. Congrats.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:29 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What he says here is absolutely, 100% correct:

T[h]e atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons.
From that aspect he's absolutely correct.

Anyone with half a brain knows he didn't intend to **** on what happened to the innocent people directly impacted by 9/11.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Although I do believe Bush & Co. was indeed fear mongering, Paul Krugman's NYT article is uncalled for on this day of remembrance. Referring to 9/11 becoming a "day of shame" is a disgrace - unless you're that fickle-minded where you need to hang on a politicians next word like it's your next breath.

So if Mr. Krugman thinks W was scaring the fecal matter out of us, what is his opinion of Obama the Apologist?

The Years of Shame - NYTimes.com
It's a shame a brilliant economist has become an embittered, partisan.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Paul Krugman's NYT article is uncalled for on this day of remembrance.
I laughed out loud when I read this article. This will probably be today's big terrorist attack, from the left of course. Thank you Mr. Krugman, for continuing to reveal to America just how libs think about this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies