Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:01 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's the price of freedom.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Ben Franklin--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM

7 posts, read 5,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Pardon me...

Are you South Asian, or Indian? It's difficult to ascertain based on the fact you stated both. If you are Asian, and do not even appear Indian, why mention that fact?

Additionally, TSA agent's normally don't start grabbing, they advise you what they are about to do and why. If you feel uncomfortable, then you can request it be done in private.

Some TSA agents are losers, some are trying to do a job, and protect people. I however gather from your tirade that you accusing the woman, who may have simply been trying to do her job, of being ugly and dumb? Ugly in who's eyes? Yours? You may appear ugly and dumb to many people, but casting aspersions based on your perceptions is not a definitive measure.

Lastly, you can complain, and if you chose to do so, but do so using a "matter of fact" composition, and explain it with a unemotional statement, instead of the rant I read above. That is of course, if you want to achieve any results and not have your letter used to weigh down the round circular filing cabinet.
Am I Indian or South Asian ? Why, both ! Every Indian is South Asian, but not vice versa. You see : South Asian is ANYbody from : India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Burma. I'm sorry you were forced to drop out of school before you got a chance to learn that. Have you considered taking online classes ie some virtual college to get more knowledge ? Or, you can always go on priceline.com and book a ticket to Jupiter so you can get more Stupider.....

Old 09-12-2011, 12:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woe_is_me View Post
Am I Indian or South Asian ? Why, both ! Every Indian is South Asian, but not vice versa. You see : South Asian is ANYbody from : India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Burma. I'm sorry you were forced to drop out of school before you got a chance to learn that. Have you considered taking online classes ie some virtual college to get more knowledge ? Or, you can always go on priceline.com and book a ticket to Jupiter so you can get more Stupider.....
You got caught, get over it.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:14 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
BS!! Most Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Nepalese and Bangladeshis are Sout Asians and consider themselves Asians or S Asians - NOT MEs. Try looking up any reasonable source(s) mentioned before, or talk to some Indians.
Actually I did. And my friend said that people tend to equate asian as having certain facial features and lighter complexions and that people start asking questions that she is is tired of answering.

I am sure there are those that equate to being south asian, but there are those who are tired of answering the questions.

BTW how many iranians do you know who tell you they are asian? how about saudi's?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkatt View Post
actually i did. And my friend said that people tend to equate asian as having certain facial features and lighter complexions and that people start asking questions that she is is tired pf answering.

I am sure there are those that equate to being south asian, but there are those who don't.

Btw how many iranians do you know who tell you they are asian? How about saudi's?
Neither Iranians nor Saudis are Asian. See my above post for what constitutes SOUTH ASIAN. PS : Most Indians positively detest Middle Easterners and will spit at you for calling them that.

Last edited by woe_is_me; 09-12-2011 at 12:24 PM..

Old 09-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually I did. And my friend said that people tend to equate asian as having certain facial features and lighter complexions and that people start asking questions that she is is tired pf answering.

I am sure there are those that equate to being south asian, but there are those who don't.

BTW how many iranians do you know who tell you they are asian? how about saudi's?
OK, I'm not denying what your friend might erroneously think. Eminem and Bubba Sparks also think they are black. Some black people
think Darius Rucker is white ! However : the generally accepted AND official definition of a person of Indian origin or nationality's race is SOUTH ASIAN.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You got caught, get over it.
CAUGHT doing what ?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woe_is_me View Post
CAUGHT doing what ?
Explaining your sexual fantasies online?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,386 times
OP should get even. Start touching up old white people. Lulz.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
I detest the ACLU, but this is one class action law suit begging to happen. Are you reading this ACLU? Do something really useful for once in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies