Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You?
Yes 18 31.58%
No 39 68.42%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:53 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times

Advertisements

Simple Question.
Yes Or No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 11:56 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Probably not, because it appears that Obama throws the race and class warfare card around a lot.

Also the police all acting stupidly card.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
No

Not just because he is a man of color but because he represents to the conservative right wing the portion of America that they loath and want to abolish. That is the entitlement class. The far right have been demonizing the poor and disadvantaged for so long that they believe their own propaganda and place all the evils of the country on the backs of blacks, hispanics, poor, sick and seniors. They would abolish all programs that benefit these people and are in the process of doing so at every opportunity. Obama represents the evil entitlement faction of American Society to them. They can't just come out and say it so they point out every instance of blacks abusing welfare they can come up with so that it looks like most welfare cheats are black and most welfare is fraud when in reality the ratio of welfare cheats is much higher in the white population and the percentage of welfare fraud overall is very small. They declare Social Security a 'Ponzi Scheme" in an attempt to demoninze seniors who recieve it when in truth it is an insurance pool no different than health or auto insurance. Many pay in to cover the disbursement of a few. Which is what insurance is. Need I go on with other examples?

Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No

Not just because he is a man of color but because he represents to the conservative right wing the portion of America that they loath and want to abolish. That is the entitlement class. The far right have been demonizing the poor and disadvantaged for so long that they believe their own propaganda and place all the evils of the country on the backs of blacks, hispanics, poor, sick and seniors. They would abolish all programs that benefit these people and are in the process of doing so at every opportunity. Obama represents the evil entitlement faction of American Society to them. They can't just come out and say it so they point out every instance of blacks abusing welfare they can come up with so that it looks like most welfare cheats are black and most welfare is fraud when in reality the ratio of welfare cheats is much higher in the white population and the percentage of welfare fraud overall is very small. They declare Social Security a 'Ponzi Scheme" in an attempt to demoninze seniors who recieve it when in truth it is an insurance pool no different than health or auto insurance. Many pay in to cover the disbursement of a few. Which is what insurance is. Need I go on with other examples?
No because people like you that want to believe that welfare is for blacks and hispanics, people like you that want people to be judged by the color of their skin not by their own merits..

Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
No because people like you that want to believe that welfare is for blacks and hispanics, people like you that want people to be judged by the color of their skin not by their own merits..
Where did you get that from my post? Never in my wildest fantasies have I ever believed that welfare is just for blacks or hispanics. Obviously you have no clue. Just a knee jerk reaction from a tiny mind.

Would you like me to start pulling past threads from C-D that demonizes blacks and hispanics on welfare? It would fill up at least the first ten pages of the P&OC section and that's just from the last year.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Where did you get that from my post? Never in my wildest fantasies have I ever believed that welfare is just for blacks or hispanics. Obviously you have no clue. Just a knee jerk reaction from a tiny mind.

Would you like me to start pulling past threads from C-D that demonizes blacks and hispanics on welfare? It would fill up at least the first ten pages of the P&OC section and that's just from the last year.
Where would I get that.. from your post

"They would abolish all programs that benefit these people and are in the process of doing so at every opportunity."

Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yes Massa.. I am sorry, I know us poor negros are not smart enough to have a big mind like you.. please don't whip me.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:28 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
yes... i have been a member of many forums before Obama was president and it was the same

Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
No

Liberals are incapable of using reason to understand opposing viewpoints. The best thing they can come up with is "conservatives are just big meanies "

Old 09-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Where would I get that.. from your post

"They would abolish all programs that benefit these people and are in the process of doing so at every opportunity."
"These people" did not refer to just blacks and hispanics or just people on welfare. "These People" also refered to poor, sick, the seniors and anyone recieving any social program such as medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. All these programs are demonized as "entitlements" in the eyes of the social and fiscal conservative. There is a large faction that would like to abolish all these programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies