Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a bigger threat to America?
Homosexuality 1 9.09%
Terrorist attacks 10 90.91%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,764,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
I don't think homosexuality is wrong or dangerous but that doesn't mean everyone needs to have the same opinion as I do. If we "social liberals" are supposed to be "open-minded" we should be open-minded about everyone, including people who's opinions differ from ours. This is the biggest hypocrisy I see with people who claim to be open minded, "we should accept gay marriage as not wrong, but point fingers and ostracize people who don't agree"
It's not so much the issue of having the opinion. I just merely think they are ignorant. It's when they try to force those beliefs and opinions on other people who disagree that there is a problem. And obviously a legislator is in the position to do just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,510,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If nutjob far right wing politicians keep talking this crap....he may be correct....I for one have had enough of the gay bashing from uneducated idiots.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Why does the Democrat Party continue to attract people like you who have a problem with people having different opinions?

In my opinion, Homosexuality is a danger to any nation. There's plenty of data to support such.
How about providing some? From credible, not the normal hateful religious sites.
We'll wait.

Don't like homosexuality? Too bad, it's natural.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, but then they shouldn't be surprised when the rest of the civilized world thinks they are ignorant, poorly educated bigots.
And another "tolerant" liberal heard from.

Yeah, let's celebrate "diversity" as long as everyone thinks alike.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,925,108 times
Quote:
Why does the Democrat Party continue to attract people like you who have a problem with people having different opinions?

In my opinion, Homosexuality is a danger to any nation. There's plenty of data to support such.
Excuse me but it is the Demos that DO allow for different opinions, watch someone from the right do it and step back before the feeding frenzy begins, freedom of thought in the GOP/Tea Party is apsolutely forbidden.
The only data that supports such nonsense comes from right-wing religious has has no basis in Fact or Realty, but don't let that stop you from believing it anyway.
Casper

Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:

Think about it.

Which group rapes 1.3 women and girls per minute in the US?
Which group is responsible for most cases of child molestation?
Which group commits the vast majority of assaults and murders?

Hmmmm.....here's a clue. It's not gays and lesbians.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There are 310 million plus people in this country do they all have to agree that the homosexual lifestyle is normal and should be celebrated as " diversity"?
People are also free to believe the earth is only 6000 years old and that dinosaurs roamed with men. Or that Evolution is "just" a theory.

Of course people can disagree about whatever they want.

Doesn't mean their opinions are valid or based in fact.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,470,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Thomas Jefferson wrote homosexuality is more harmful to society than people have sex with animals. He said homosexuals should be castrated and a hole bored in their nose. Source: Jefferson the Virginian by Dumas Malone.
Where does screwing your slave girl fall on the spectrum?

Seriously, though, Jefferson proposed a revision of the Virginia criminal code replacing the death penalty for (heterosexual or homosexual) sodomy with castration or nose-boring. In other words, he was pretty liberal for that place and time.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,470,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
And another "tolerant" liberal heard from.
Everyone has some things they won't tolerate. Anti-gay crap from sleazeball rednecks is high on my personal list.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,791,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's not so much the issue of having the opinion. I just merely think they are ignorant. It's when they try to force those beliefs and opinions on other people who disagree that there is a problem. And obviously a legislator is in the position to do just that.
One man's opinions is another mans ignorance. I agree that people shouldn't force opinions on people but liberals do that to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies