Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a bigger threat to America?
Homosexuality 1 9.09%
Terrorist attacks 10 90.91%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,798,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Prob because the guy is a very religious man, and the democratic party is the abortion on demand party? These people have nowhere else to go, so they glom onto the GoP.
Abortion on demand? Does lying for Jesus make it no longer a sin?

Many liberals/democrats, if not most oppose abortion. Pro-Choice is not pro-abortion. It means not forcing one's views on other people, even if they disagree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Good points for the most part, but I would say having to choose between homosexuals and drug addicts is a false choice. I prefer to keep both groups far from the children in my life as both are a dangerous influence and homosexuals are often drug addicts as well.
I hope you don't actually try to pawn yourself off as Christian.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What does Phelps' opinion that "God hates f*gs" have to do with this woman's opinion that HIV/AIDS is more dangerous than terrorism?

Does holding an opposing view to the one prescribed by the liberal PC thought police place one in league with Phelps?

How is that implication not propaganda on your part?
If one's views are as nasty as those you present on this board, yes, I'd place them squarely in league with Phelps.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,951,328 times
Said in the voice of SNL's church lady:

"Gee, I wonder where she ever got that idea? Could it be..THE BIBLE!"

Notice how 'the bible' replaces 'satan'. Yeah, I went there. She's an insane bat who forms her opinions based upon ancient mythological texts written by superstitious people. What's more harmful, homosexuality or superstitious politicians who wish to make public policy based on mythologies?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Are any of these things 'dangerous'?[/trying rational thinking with the irrational]
I don't know I have no expereance in these things why don't you tell us all about it.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:26 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,831,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That is actually not true. Here is the law that Jefferson authored.

"Whosoever shall be guilty of Rape, Polygamy, or Sodomy with man or woman shall be punished, if a man, by castration, if a woman, by cutting thro' the cartilage of her nose a hole of one half inch diameter at the least."

The word homosexuality did not even exist until the 1800's. Sodomy was the term used to define the act; however, there were no terms used to describe what is commonly referred to today as Homosexuals. The closest equivalent would be sodomites, which need I say, most americans are guilty of.

Jefferson was quite liberal as the common punishment for sodomy during this time was death.

History lesson done for today. Carry on.
Jefferson defined sodomy as man to man. So much for your history lesson.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
And Abraham Lincoln spoke in favor of slavery.... but that doesn't mean he was right.

Thomas Jefferson also believed in the inferiority of Africans, though he carried on a relationship with one of his slaves for 40 years. and had 6 children with her.

So do you still want to assert everything one of our best asserts is right?

If you haven't figured it out smart people are free to say ignorant and uninformed things... look in the forum it happens regularly.
There is no direct evidence Jefferson had sexual relationships with a negro slave.

This is a myth.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM

It is a fact Homosexuality is harmful to society. It is a scourge that needs to be wiped out before more innocent children are destroyed.

Lawmakers in the past called for homosexuals to be burnt...seems pretty harsh to some. Guess they were tired of the unbridled licentiousness.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,229,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
There is no direct evidence Jefferson had sexual relationships with a negro slave.

This is a myth.
All the DNA tests show is that a male Jefferson fathered some of her children. There were other Jefferson males other than Thomas and they were present at Monticello at the right times.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Jefferson defined sodomy as man to man. So much for your history lesson.
He did not. Look it up for yourself.

ETA: Never mind: you won't. Here's the document.

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/found...ndVIIIs10.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies