Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Let's just cut to the chase. WHO CARES?? Really, any President would have made the same decision. Bin Laden killed 3,000 of our citizens. He was a blight that needed to be removed from this earth. It wasn't gutsy or brave or smart or any of that crap. It was common sense.

What does it matter what you say about Obama's decision now anyway? Did it help his polling numbers? For about a second. Now they're back in the toilet. Great, he managed, in his entire first term, to not screw one thing up. That's something to be proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.
You guys are still trying to ride that wave, huh?

obama had to kill OBL, because he and US AG Holder have so destroyed our policies on terrorism and enemy prisoners, that taking them alive for questioning is utterly worthless.

If we had captured OBL alive, all the intel we gathered from his house would have been denied to us, once OBL's constitutional rights were given to him.

At least Bush was "gutsy" enough to bring Saddam in alive, to stand trial for his crimes. It would have been easy enough to have just claimed that Saddam was killed during his capture. OBL was killed in the company of women and children, while wearing his pajamas, it would have been easy enough to have taken him alive, very easy.

I'm glad OBL is dead, good riddance, a show trial in NYC would have been a freak show. Killing OBL was the easy way out, and like I said, it was the only option left to us.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:24 PM

764 posts, read 597,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Let's just cut to the chase. WHO CARES?? Really, any President would have made the same decision. Bin Laden killed 3,000 of our citizens. He was a blight that needed to be removed from this earth. It wasn't gutsy or brave or smart or any of that crap. It was common sense.
Once again:

BUSH: We are, Richard. Thank you. Thanks for asking the question. They were asking me about somebody's report, well, Special Forces here — Pakistan — if he is in Pakistan, as this person thought he might be, who is asking the question — Pakistan is a sovereign nation. In order for us to send thousands of troops into a sovereign nation, we've got to be invited by the government of Pakistan.

McCain: "Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."

All the fools in the right wing media criticize Obama when he first mentioned doing what was done back in May. If he failed, everyone would be all over this. Now they want to downplay it. There'd be no moving on, from the right, if he failed...

Old 09-12-2011, 03:45 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Once again:

BUSH: We are, Richard. Thank you. Thanks for asking the question. They were asking me about somebody's report, well, Special Forces here — Pakistan — if he is in Pakistan, as this person thought he might be, who is asking the question — Pakistan is a sovereign nation. In order for us to send thousands of troops into a sovereign nation, we've got to be invited by the government of Pakistan.

McCain: "Larry, I'm not going to go there and here's why: because Pakistan is a sovereign nation."

All the fools in the right wing media criticize Obama when he first mentioned doing what was done back in May. If he failed, everyone would be all over this. Now they want to downplay it. There'd be no moving on, from the right, if he failed...
Once again, who cares?? Did I bring up Bush? Nope. Did I bring up McCain? Nope.

But since you did...let's get real. Bush would have invaded Canada if he had actionable intelligence that he could get Bin Laden. I don't care whatever spin anyone made in the past because they couldn't find him. I stand by my previous statement. Any President would have made this decision. Common sense.

But you tell me. Do you think Obama is benefitting politcally from getting Bin Laden right now? His poll numbers sure don't say that. So keep telling yourself that Obama is so smart and brave for getting Bin Laden if that helps you sleep at night. The rest of America, at least according to polls, are more with me than you.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
All of the military and intelligence people have praised his decision to make the call. One general said it was a "very gutsy" call on the President's part. That makes me proud today. I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.
#1 He kept what Bush set up for intellegence.
#2 It was not so brave, it was about to leak out that Osama was there and if Obama didn't try for him IMO he'd have looked bad.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
In turn, that would make Clinton an idiot for not taking out Bin Laden when he had a chance!

Old 09-12-2011, 03:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
In turn, that would make Clinton an idiot for not taking out Bin Laden when he had a chance!
True, in fact Clinton gave us the terrorist war to fight and therefore all the expense because he did not take Osama out when he had him.
Was he THAT busy in oral arguments with Monica?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What Valerie Jarrett, and the president, did not know is that Leon Panetta had already initiated a program that reported to him –and only him, involving a covert on the ground attack against the compound.”

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated

Happy???? man you guys on the left are pretty damn clueless about the topics you argue. Read and learn.

Thanks for posting the link. I thought about trying to find it myself as I heard the same broadcast. However, I wasn't interested in wasting my time as ... what do they say about arguing with a fool???

So many people see Ohama for what he is that the Dems will have to come up with a better candidate or take a hike in 2012.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:12 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:

That post is hilarious. Yes, he was smart enough to take credit for something the Navy Seals did.... like a coward.

Proud of this idiot who likes all the attention? You need to hang with a better group.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
... Great, he managed, in his entire first term, to not screw one thing up. That's something to be proud of.

I really really wish you were correct. Unfortunately, you are way off base. He has totally screwed up health care and now our entire economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies