Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I really really wish you were correct. Unfortunately, you are way off base. He has totally screwed up health care and now our entire economy.
I think we're on the same page here. I was just saying killing Bin Laden is the only thing Obama hasn't screwed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM

764 posts, read 597,246 times
Quote:
That post is hilarious. Yes, he was smart enough to take credit for something the Navy Seals did.... like a coward.

Proud of this idiot who likes all the attention? You need to hang with a better group.
You mean the guy who calmly walked out and gave a very earnest but proud address?

I thought it was much more humble than say...a President flying onto an aircraft carrier (even though he was closed enough to land by helicopter) to declare Mission Accomplished a war that went on till the end of his Presidency...

...but Obama "spiked the football". Good God, this stuff is getting ridiculous...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
I really really wish you were correct. Unfortunately, you are way off base. He has totally screwed up health care and now our entire economy.

Please don't bring up health care....our rates have trippled under that jerk!

It is an insult to the average person's intelligence to promote the oblama agenda or call him anything but what is. Can't wait to send him back to his Chicago congregation so they can sit at his feet and pay for his health care if they like.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Saudis dont like OBL either
Nonsense. He's one of them. They can SAY they don't like him, but that means nothing.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:43 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think we're on the same page here. I was just saying killing Bin Laden is the only thing Obama hasn't screwed up.
And he didn't screw that up because someone else did it.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

But you tell me. Do you think Obama is benefitting politcally from getting Bin Laden right now? .
You actually believe he sanctioned the mission for poll points?

Only a republican would think of something like that...

Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
#1 He kept what Bush set up for intellegence.
#2 It was not so brave, it was about to leak out that Osama was there and if Obama didn't try for him IMO he'd have looked bad.
And how do you know 'it was about to come out...'?

Are you CIA?

Oh, that's right; you're not. You just read it in someone's blog...LOL

Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You actually believe he sanctioned the mission for poll points?

Only a republican would think of something like that...
Sure, that's why I've yet to meet a Democrat that will disagree with even one thing that Obama has done. That's why I see all of these threads talking about how "smart" and "brave" he is. Um ok.

By the way, nice to completely miss the point. I said it was a common sense decision to get rid of Bin Laden. It didn't require a special bravery. It's something any President would have done. He did his job, for once. But do I think this makes him special? Nope. I think it means he finally did his job, for once. His polling data, as I pointed out, also shows the electorate doesn't think he was too special for doing this either. That was my point, in case you missed it the three other times I made it.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Smart and brave enough? I wasn't aware that he was on the scene. Was he the point man? The team leader?
I love when politicians say we when something goes right and they when it goes wrong.
NO. The smart brave people were the ones who actually risked their lives.
What was brave about what he did?
He knew its what 99% of america wanted. He knew that if it failed it could be spun into lets get him. It was a win win deal. The only risk was upsetting pakistan. We did that anyway.
Smart/brave???? I must have a different definition for those 2 words.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
I think many others, including GWB and McCain, would have been afraid of the political fallout.
I don't believe that for one minute.

BO was not smart enough or brave enough to get Bin Laden. You'll have to thank the US Navy Seals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies