Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 09:53 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the last thing we need is to further shut our economy down, and damage yet more small businesses struggling to function in america. israel can shut their economy down because THEY GET OUR MONEY.

who is going to give us money?

the great thing about america is FREEDOM. you don't want to shop, don't shop. YOU can make a voluntary choice now, and others can as well.
The problem is on 9/11 (or days after) we lost that great thing called "FREEDOM" thanks to that anithesis of Freedom -- the very anti-patriot "Patriot Act".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:12 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Frankly, we are ALL connected to the tragedy, I'm so sorry if you and your wife are "bothered" by anyone elses needs but your own.
Yeah, I know. You watched it on TV. Wow. I love it when people who were not there want to tell those who were there just how awful it was and how it should be mourned or remembered.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I could do without it.

Us crying over 9/11 is the equivalent of the biggest bully in the world breaking down into tears over a splinter.

3000 people? more die from aspirin every year. I'm sick of the sobfest, let it go.
Exactly! 250,000 Americans die taking prescription drugs as prescribed each year! But we let the FDA merrily continue on approving the drugs anyway. I guess those deaths are acceptable.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Celebrating a tragedy is assanine. Who celebrates Pearl Harbor? Leave the past where it was and move forward.
Who says we are celebrating a "tragedy"? We are commermorating a event that millions of Americans watched unfold on live TV.
As for moving forward New York City has and they are rebuilding at ground Zero.
Terrorists picked the wrong target because New Yorkers are like cockroaches! You can try to kill them but they will never die and I mean that in the most sincere sarcastic way!
Pearl Harbor is a memorial whereas lower Manhattan isn't. Life goes on despite the events of 9/11.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 AM

782 posts, read 1,108,932 times
On the first anniversay of the tragedy there were debates on how to observe the event in light of families that lost loved ones still grieving and processing their loss...the over all attitude of the families was that they did not want to participate in any observance. There were some that stepped forward to speak about it but actually very few...mostly it was police and firemen. My family took this cue and since have observed the tragedy with a non-observance. We do not formally observe 9/11 instead we as a family do something as a family as a sort of rememberance of those that lost their family members..we hold our family closer for one day.
The bombing of the WTC was only the second time in American history that America was attacked on her own soil. The first being Pearl Harbor...and that brought us into WWII. The lives lost at the WTC equal the lives lost at Pearl. I think the 10 year anniversary should be observed as a nation with flag waving, The Pledge of Alliegence and the National Anthem. We should come together as a nation to renew our vows as a nation to stay strong and stay free.
Yes, if you are a senior citizen you have experienced a huge amount of loss and grief personal and national. As such, you may not want to participate..but that does mean it should not be observed. Young people, as we speak, are having to face their own personal and national crisis with the economy, the shortage of jobs, and more and more people losing their homes to forclosures. Plus it is the young people (our future leaders) that will ultimately see the end of all this..the future is literally riding on their shoulders and the burden is heavy. Many are already exhausted from the emotional toll this is taking. That does not mean that this anniversary should not be observed. It means that they must find a way that they personnaly can observe it even if that means by not observing it.
We must observe it because, just like when I was a child, when the Attack of Pearl Harbor was observed it taught me that we can overcome anything as a nation if we stand together as a nation. Citizens of The United States of America coming together to observe and memorialize the darkest day in American history. To tell the families of the dead that we have not forgotten, that we will never forget the sacrifice their family made for our freedom.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,573 times
Default Anniversary of 911.... It only took 10 YEARS to find Osama bin Laden

Thank you Barack Obama

Thank you Navy Seals

It's only now that we can truly move past the events of 911. It wasn't just finally taking down the mastermind Osama bin Laden, it was the WEALTH of intelligence gained when the compound was raided.

And it was done without starting a immoral and illegal war

Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Nobody found nobody.

Get your kicks somewhere else.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
it's funny how Dubya & Cheney couldn't find him! Would Osama sang like a bird if he were caught? "These people paid me in the 1980s!" for Afghanistan against Russia!

Reagan loved his War criminal friends! Osama,Noriega in Panama!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:01 AM

782 posts, read 1,108,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Yeah, I know. You watched it on TV. Wow. I love it when people who were not there want to tell those who were there just how awful it wasand how it should be mourned or remembered.
Just because you don't live in NYC does not mean you weren't affected on a personal level by 9/11. There are thousands of people across the United States that lost family members in the WTC and they could only watch the events unfold on tv knowing their loved one was "somewhere" in the rubble. I can't imaggine a more helpless feeling. At least if you lived in the area you could at least go and DO something no matter how futile.
I can only think that if you feel this strongly about this then you must have been affected on a very personal level. From my heart..I am sorry for your loss.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:22 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Yeah, I know. You watched it on TV. Wow. I love it when people who were not there want to tell those who were there just how awful it was and how it should be mourned or remembered.
Way to miss the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies